About this listing
"La Mansión 108" is an alternative queer proyect that started with of a banch of people who share ideas, proyects and a house close to the border of downtown and to all the things you might need!
LA sala! Un espacio abierto a que lo utilices como se te plazca! Queres sentarte a usar un rato la computadora? Queres sentarte a hablar y tomar algo? O queres tirarte a dormir un rato? Pues adelante!
The hostel from the Mansión 108 is not just a place where you can rest or just leave your stuff to go exploring the beautiful Asunción. You can also share living, chatting, creating, discussing, cooking and who knows what else with the members of the house and their friends. We have four beds, but prefer hosting not more than three people at the same time to enable a comfortable stay. In case you are a group of four, there won't be any problem for us.
IMPORTANT: We currently don't have a reservation system integrated into airbnb. Just send us a message and we're gonna coordinate everything in this way. Neither we couldn't put the price we want to offer. We take 35.000 Guaraníes per night and per person. You have to pay cash, because we don't own a bank account.
The house features:
- Air conditioning in the hostel and livingroom in order to hide from the Paraguayan heat in summer.
- A kitchen with refrigerator to cook for you or share a meal with the house.
- A washing machine, so you'll always have clean clothes.
- People who speak Spanish, Portuguese, English, German and Guaraní.
- A nice backyard with a little garden, where you can relax in a hammock drinking “tereré” or having a party with us.
- A huge living room to hang out, share or watch movies.
- A lot of books, travel guides and maps.
Interaction with Guests
The house project itself was found in April 2013 by a gorup of queer people, that want to follow an alternative way of living, thinking and acting. The main topic we have is everything mentioned to the subject of being and living queer (LGTBIQ history, politics, education, etc.). Furthermore, we think that things like discrimination and capitalism are degrading. Refered to this, we do not try to become rich with the money we collect out of our projects (like the hostel). In fact, we want to offer “different” experiences to friends and travelers, offer you a comfortable as well as affordable place to stay, share with our guests and finance other projects we have. If you want to stay with us, remind, you'll gonna live together with us. We are not a typical hostel.
The neighborhood is generally very safe and quiet. During the week in the mornings, there is a lot of movement outside the house because there is a public office, but in the evenings and on weekends it's pretty dead and quiet (apart from ourselves, indeed ^^). But as we are close to downtown, bars and clubs are within walking distance. Near the house there is a supermarket as well as a small public market. We hope you won't need it, but there is a pharmacy close, too.
The house is very well located for using public transports. Near the house there are several bus lines that take you to the bus terminal and to the airport, some take you also to other nearby towns. Additionally, there is a taxi stop quite close for those who prefer to move like that.
Other Things to Note
There are several general things you should know:
- Is a smokers' house, so it's allowed to smoke all over the house. But please don't smoke in the hostel room.
- The bathroom is shared with people both from the hostel and our house.
- We have a crazy cat.
- We prefer eating vegetarian food, but we won't kill you if you eat meat.
- Unfortunately the house is not well prepared for wheel chairs.
For more informations about our house just put our house name into the common search engine, we have a blog on blogsport.
If you are interested in staying here or you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
La casa tiene algunas normas de convivencia muy simples, nada fuera de lo comun. Pero lo que cabe destacar es:
- Es casa de fumadorxs, asi que esta permitido fumar en todas las areas (siempre y cuando puertas y ventanas esten abiertas).
- No ofrecemos algun servicio de desayuno o de comidas, pero siempre podes comprar cosas y guardarlas en la heladera para utilizarlas cuando las necesites!