About this listing
"The Edge" at Nethercliffe is a self-standing studio cottage, complete with a cozy king-size bed and kitchenette. It has all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay, and is located just minutes from the beautiful John Smith's Bay beach!
Fully equipped kitchenette includes stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker, kettle, mini fridge (with small freezer) and all dinnerware, glassware & utensils.
In addition to the cozy king-size bed, it has a private entrance, central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fan, wireless internet, cable TV, hairdryer, fresh linens (including beach towels), beach umbrella and a small beach cooler.
The kitchenette is well-equipped with under the counter fridge (with a small freezer), stove/oven, microwave, kettle, coffeemaker and toaster, and all cutlery, tableware and cooking utensils are also supplied.
The open ceiling concept of this studio cottage gives visitors an opportunity to see Bermuda's unique way of building its signature white roof.
The size of the studio is 200 square feet.
A gas BBQ grill is available for private use outdoors. BBQ tools are supplied.
All you need to supply is food and toiletries!
Interaction with Guests
Our family lives next door at the property, and we are there to greet you upon arrival, and are available to answer any questions throughout your visit. We want to help make your stay a memorable one!
The cottage is on Knapton Hill, a centrally located, quiet residential area. There are a number of places of interest within this area:
- Just a 15 minute walk away, visitors will find John Smith's Bay beach, which boasts pink sand and crystal clear water. It is popular among both tourists and locals, and is a great spot for snorkeling, with the closest reef only about 200 yards from shore.
- Spittal Pond, Bermuda's largest nature reserve, is just a short walk away. This reserve stretches along the south shore coastline and some 64 acres of land. With winding trails throughout, visitors will be treated to spectacular views and great opportunities for bird-watching.
- Visitors can walk to Harrington Hundreds Grocer within 5 minutes. A fine food emporium, Harrington Hundreds also offers a variety of beer, wine and spirits, and provides a hot food bar for both breakfast and lunch.
- Located about a 5 minute ride away, Flatts Village is a family-friendly village of shops, restaurants and the fabulous Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo, with clusters of pastel-painted cottages and rustling palm trees. It is also home to Rustico Restaurant & Pizzeria, one of the finest Italian restaurants on the island.
- Just about 5 minutes ride down South Road, at the crossroads of South Shore Road and Collector’s Hill, visitors will find The Specialty Inn, a family style restaurant. Other restaurants just a short distance away are the North Rock Pub & Restaurant, Tom Moore's Tavern and the dining room at Pink Beach Club.
Visitors will find the bus stop (Bus Route #3) heading west into the city of Hamilton conveniently located just 30 yards from the entrance to this studio guest cottage.
The bus stop heading East to St. George's (Bus Route #1) is also conveniently close at 75 yards away.
Other Things to Note
The mode of transportation from the airport to our cottage is via taxi. Taxis are readily available at the airport, and the ride to our address should cost approx. US$25 - $35.
Let "The Edge" guest cottage be your Bermuda home away from home!
Winter Rate = $95/night (Oct. 1 - Apr. 30)
Summer Rate = $120/night (May 1 - Sept. 30)
We hope you enjoy your stay, and would appreciate you respecting the following House Rules:
1. No smoking inside the cottage at any time.
2. Please conserve water. On our island, each house collects its own water, which can become in short supply during the hot summer months. Please be sure to turn off taps when not in use.
3. Our electricity costs on the island are very high. In order to keep our rental fee down, please conserve energy whenever possible. Please turn off lights, TV and the air conditioner when you go out... it will only take a short time to cool the cottage upon your return.
4. Do not take the bathroom towels to the beach. Please use the beach towels provided.
5. The cottage is a self-sufficient unit (no housekeeping service during your stay). Please treat it just as you would if it belonged to a cherished friend. The property is to be left clean and tidy upon departure, with dishes washed and put away, and garbage neatly bundled and taken to the exterior can.
6. Please do not let the pets inside the cottage, as future guests may be allergic.
7. Call on us for ANY assistance you may require during your stay.
8. Enjoy your Bermuda vacation!!
This place is amazing. It is better than advertised. The hosts are great and very friendly. The cottage has everything you need to have a fantastic vacation and more. It is perfectly located on the island to see all the attractions and a quick jaunt to the main town of Hamilton.
Truly a great experience. Our hosts were very accommodating and friendly. The guest suite was immaculate and clean. Close to both bus stop, beach and grocery store the location was perfect. We wished we had rented scooters as the buses in Bermuda were not as reliable as we thought. We would and definitely will rent this guest suite again. Thank you Devin and Robin!
We spent a week here, and this place is a perfect home base if you're looking to explore the island. It's got everything you'd need and the hosts were very helpful. It's small and cozy, but suited our purposes wonderfully, we cooked dinner every night and slept well on the big king-sized bed. We were offered a car tour of the area when we arrived which helped us get our footing. You are centrally located with beach and groceries close by. We fell in love with the island and plan on staying here again on our next trip. Thanks Devin and Robin!
Our stay was amazing! As locals, we truly appreciated the patience and generous hospitality of Robin and Devin (Dark and Stormy's and Lindor Truffles in the fridge!) and enjoyed every bit of the serenity this rental provided. Take it from a local's perspective; this is a great place if your looking to "get-away" for a few days.
OK. Heres the deal. I firmly believe there isn't a better place to stay in Bermuda. The cottage is near everything. The best beach is right there. Bus stop a hundred feet away. grocery store a stones throw away. Scooter parking 6 feet away from the door. Don't be an idiot and go to a hotel. This place has everything, and the hosts are the bomb.
We were happy with the cottage. Robin met us upon arrival and gave us a quick rundown on the place. We appreciated the extra touches, water in the fridge, an umbrella, spices and such for cooking and a binder full of info.
Within walking distance was a market, bus stops, and a beautiful nature walk to Spittle Pond, an amazing section of coastline.
A very good value, clean, a good neighborhood, and quiet.
Robin and Devin were both lovely and gracious hosts. We arrived on Christmas Day and they still greeted us immediately and were kind enough to pause their day to welcome us and help us settle in. The suite was decorated in a Christmas theme and everything!
They were excellent in handling our pre-arrival communications, answering many questions and emails prior to our arrival. They even took into account that most stores would be closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day and asked if they could pick up any food items (we took them up on this offer). The suite has been well thought out, with every detailed accounted for. A flashlight, for night time walks, a set of BBQ tools, a coffee maker, hair dryer, maps, guide books, bathroom towels and beach towels, etc. Honestly, everything we needed was provided. They were kind enough to help us with a transportation issues on our trip, took the time to check in at one point, reminded us of closures around New Year's Day, and gave us great tips on food and places to see.
The space is well laid-out and the outside table does provide a second seating area. It is a small space, you have to like lots of time together, but honestly works quite well. As per a previous post about the wifi, the signal is stronger in the morning and weaker at night inside the room. However, there is a strong wifi pocket that is always working, just in front of the suite, near the outside table, that we would use at night to resolve the issue.
I know I mentioned the guide books earlier - but they were awesome! I wasn't entirely sure what our plan would be before going... and we read the pink guide book cover to cover. I was so grateful they had thought to include these.
About the Host, Devin
I moved to Bermuda 15 years ago, and I still remember clearly my first impressions of the island - the brilliant blue waters, the green of the trees, the pretty pink sand, the colourful houses... the all-around beauty of the island! My wife, Robin, was born and raised here on the island - she grew up knowing all of the ins-and-outs of life in Bermuda - summers spent snorkeling and diving, climbing trees to pick and eat loquats, falling asleep to the lullaby of tree frogs, riding mopeds down winding Bermuda roadways, greeting every passerby with a "Good Morning" or "Good Afternoon" and a smile... all things typically Bermudian! We have enjoyed sharing this special charm and knowledge of Bermuda with visitors to our cottage.