About this listing
Large private bedroom in a typical SF Victorian house. The bedroom is one in a four BR house, located in the Mission, one of San Francisco's most desirable & sunniest neighborhoods. You'll be within blocks from many popular cafes, restaurants,& bars.
- Sturdy Queen-sized bed, 400-thread count sheets, goose down duvet, down alternative pillows.
- Towels provided
- Spring coil mattress
- Night stand
- Desk & chair
- Leather Couch
- Wardrobe/closet to hang clothes
- Plenty of sunlight
- Hardwood floors with an area rug
- You can lock your bedroom door from inside your room
- 2 person MAX occupancy. I do not own an air mattress, but I may have another room in the house for rent (please send me a message to inquire)
- No smoking inside the house & no pets
- Shared bathroom with claw foot bathtub
- Guests are welcome to use all common areas
- High-speed wireless internet
- Access to clothes washer/dryer in house
- Central heating with Nest thermostat
- On-demand water heater ensuring there is unlimited hot water
- The house was built in 1900 and retains some old charm
- Moderately equipped kitchen (help yourself to any food in the fridge or cabinets)
- Fridge with ice maker
- Gas stove
- Coffee & Espresso maker with milk frother
- Microwave oven
- Toaster oven
- Please clean up after yourself
Interaction with Guests
- 30-something San Francisco native and tech professional. I grew up in the Mission and know a fair amount about the city and the surrounding areas. I travel often and rent out rooms in the house accordingly. I’ve personally been to 33 States & 25 countries and I speak French and a little Spanish. I can understand more Italian than I can speak. It’s important to me that you have a good stay at my place and in my city.
- When I’m in town I usually go to bed pretty late, and the house is generally quiet by 10.
- The house is in a flat part of the Mission with hills close by.
- 15 minute walk to the Valencia Corridor (tons of great bars, restaurants, art galleries, street art).
- The city’s best burritos are only a few blocks away.
- 10 minute walk to 16th St BART (subway) station.
- 10 minute ride to downtown San Francisco via BART (subway) and within walking distance to many of the city's attractions.
- 8 blocks away from historic Dolores Park
- 2 blocks away from Rainbow Grocery (natural grocery store)
- Other grocery stores (Food for Less, Safeway, Trader Joe’s) all within 4 blocks
Getting here & around:
- To get here from SFO airport, simply take BART (subway) from the airport (it picks up at the international terminal) and take it in the northbound direction. Exit at 16th Street & Mission and walk less than 3 full blocks East on 16th St.
- The house has access to multiple bus lines and BART (16th and mission). It’s a quick 15mins to downtown.
- There are usually cabs on Mission St or Valencia St. Many San Franciscans use the “Lyft” mobile app.
- I may have some secure space to store a bicycle at the house if you rent/bring one. Please inquire ahead of time.
- Less than a mile (1.6km) from Highway 101.
- There is plenty of free street parking (no permit necessary) on the block and there are no paid parking meters on my street. Please observe the Street Cleaning signs and hours. Never leave anything of value visible inside your car regardless of what neighborhood you are in.
Other Things to Note
- I have professional cleaners coming 1-2 times/week to clean and do laundry.
If there are any other questions, please let me know.
#1 - Make yourself at home! And let me know if there's anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable and pleasant.
#2 - There's no smoking in the house. You can smoke in the gated area in the front of the house, however please do not leave cigarette butts on the ground.
#3 - No pets are allowed.
#4 – Please keep noise to a reasonable level after 9pm if anyone else is home
#5 - Basic tenets of respect and consideration are expected