This unique, top-floor studio penthouse in the heart of Old Town in downtown Victoria is an urban traveller's dream. Walk out the door onto historic wood cobblestone and you're literally steps away from the Lower Johnson shopping district.
Welcome to the studio penthouse at the Morley Soda Factory, a three-story, nine-unit heritage building that was completely renovated and restored in 2008. Originally constructed in 1884, the building has been a flagship of the downtown core for 130 years – and now you can stay here and experience all the amazing things downtown Victoria has to offer.
Being on the top floor, the space has lots of natural light, keeping the apartment bright and warm. It's the perfect place to make your home base while exploring and you can easily duck back inside at any point during your day for a quick nap, or a snack, or just to take a break to relax with a great cup of local coffee on the terrace.
The carefully designed studio – which was completed in late-2009 – has all the amenities you could want for a short or long-term rental:
• Three-piece bathroom with fresh towels, shower/tub and all the fixings
• Planted terrace with bistro set overlooking the famous wooden cobblestones of Waddington Alley and onto Johnson Street
• Hair dryer and iron
• A wall-mounted flat screen TV, complete with Apple TV box + Netflix + Crave TV
• A Queen-sized bed, with fresh linens, individual hanging lamps and big pillows
• A complete kitchen loaded with all the dinnerware, cookware and glasses you could ever need; as well as a fridge, freezer, oven, stovetop and a row of kitchen bar seats for socializing while you cook
• An elevator to help you lug those bags up to the top floor!
• The building has a very private rear courtyard garden for relaxing, if you so choose
• The most secure and inexpensive covered parking lot in town is less than 50 meters away
• The historic and iconic Johnson Street Bridge can be seen from the terrace and is literally across the street – so you can take casual walks over the harbour to get a full view of the city
• All of Victoria's best restaurants and bars are within walking distance
• Easy access to taxis for excursions that go a little further
• There are three great brew pubs within walking distance, two less than five minutes away
Interaction with guests
I was born and raised in Victoria and both Danielle and I have lived and travelled abroad, so we’re well-versed in the different desires of travelers. We’re happy to sit down with you to discuss what you might be interested in doing and can offer local knowledge, insider tips and answer any questions you might have. Or, we can happily leave you to your own devices and let you explore Victoria from this amazing home base on your own.
Other things to note
See You Soon!
We love this little spot and our town and we look forward to providing a unique experience and comfy nest for your Victoria adventure.
Christian + Danielle
We expect you to treat our place as if it was your own, and we ask very little of you in terms of rules, other than common sense and common courtesy. We are strictly a non smoking suite and ask that you do not smoke inside or on the terrace. Also, be mindful that there are other people living in the building, so please keep the noise to a minimum after 10pm. You are welcome to have friends visit and enjoy the space with you, but as it is a small space we would like to keep the total number to about 6 people. If you are planning on having more, please ask. We are happy to chat about anything you have planned. As for pets, please do notify us beforehand as we work on a case by case basis with pets.
Check In is flexible and Check Out at 11am. We have been able to accommodate early check ins or bag drop offs, so ask and we will do our best.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I'm a small business owner born and raised in Victoria but have also spent a lot of time abroad. I'm really into the local independent business community here and am super familiar with all the shops, cafes, restaurants and other things that make Victoria such a vibrant and unique city to live in.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.