Chong Qing Apartments is famed for having been the set for Lust Caution. With all its grandeur and intricate architectural details, it is every reason why we had our heart set on this space, turning it into our home and design studio.
Set in a 1930s Model Architecture, our apartment is furnished with a cosy and eclectic interior and located in the heart of nearly everything you need in Shanghai. It definitely promises a wonderful and comfortable experience in this beautiful city.
A charming apartment situated in Shanghai's city centre, right opposite Sinan Mansion and Fuxing Park. It is on the ground floor of a famous model architecture, amidst the upper middle class back in the old days. Today, you can still see remnants of it's sophistication and many tourists, local and foreign, slinging a serious camera in the premises.
The apartment is equipped with:
- Free high speed internet
- Fresh towels and sheets and toiletries
- Hair Dryer and Ironing materials
- Washer, Dryer, Washing detergent
- DVD Player and latest DVDs
- Free Cleaning Service for bookings more than 3 days
- And a whole lot of cosiness and comfort
Our lane is extremely safe with 24 hour security. Being on the ground floor grants you easy access especially with luggages and children or elderly parents.
We are conveniently surrounded by cafes, bars, restaurants and Xintiandi Metro Line 10 (THE French Concession Line) all within walking distance.
- Luccio's on Danshui Lu is great for Italian food - 5min walk
- Sinan Mansion offers a whole array of bars and diners - 3min walk
- Tianzifang is great to stroll and enjoy Shanghai's unique architecture over a nice coffee in quaint cafes - 15min walk
- Fuxing Park in the early mornings will offer you a peek into local lives such as their morning exercises and dance - 3min walk
- Line 10 leads you to all the greatest places in Shanghai - 7min walk
I'm an avid traveller myself and I'll be happy to offer more tips into the nooks and crannies if you need. Also, if you need any help with translation and getting around, feel free to drop me a note :)
1) I don't usually smoke in the house so would appreciate that if you have to, please do so outside.
2) My cleaning lady is a superstar and keeps my home clean, so please be a star as well and use my apartment in a responsible manner.
3) If you accidentally break anything, please let me know...
4) Please turn off the air-conditioning and other appliances/lights when you go out.
Point fort : Appartement très bien situé.
Cependant, nous avons été très déçues par le confort et l'équipement:
- Il ne faut pas avoir des problèmes de dos pour dormir, le couchage est rudimentaire …
- Ne pas être frileux car une fenêtre ne fermait pas dans la chambre,
- Ne pas avoir envie de cuisiner, l'équipement est très très limité.
Really nice to having the chance to stay at your apt. It's very comfortable to stay there. Well deco, tidy, and superb located,and just as described.
It will be definitely our first choice if we come to shanghai next time.
The apartment is in a great location in the French Concession with easy access to metro and taxis. Inward looking into the courtyard makes it very quiet. Lovely character to the building - albeit faded!
Pam was very rapid in replying to any queries and everything was accurately described. Enjoy.
Great stay in Shanghai. Fab location (near French quarter, nice shopoing malls, grocerie stores etc.) and only a short subway ride to downtown.
I'd recommend this to anyone travelling to Shanghai!
Pam was great with all communication also. Highly recommended.
This host has 53 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I love eating, baking, art, traveling, sharing stories and ideas.
I run my own Singaporean art & design brand with my partner and are currently in Shanghai expanding our base and looking for new opportunities.
We love to explore nooks and crannies and check out what's new in town, but we're also quite nesty and love a little cosy tuck-in at home over a glass of whisky or some good coffee and tea.