About this listing
A small 2 bedrooms house / cottage on the countryside. With plenty of charm and character, fitted with many local arts & crafts items. The perfect escape for a quite retreat. A vehicle is a must-have (unless you enjoy long walks in the countryside).
- The perfect location and settings for a peaceful retreat. The air is pure, no pollutants around, no traffic. Wake up to the sounds of the roosters and the birds; may be to the sound of a donkey or a horse!!! Take a walk to the strawberry fields next door, or walk the nearby trails that lead to some small villages and to the lake of "Valle de Bravo".
- Back to the basics of a simple life (no land-line phone, no internet). Do you enjoy doing some reading while listening to the sound of the breeze in the trees? This is the perfect location.
- Looking for a place to spend some time under the sun of Mexico, at 5,700 feet high? The weather can reach 30 degrees Fahrenheit at night and 85 for the day during the winter season; so bring some sunscreen even for December or January!
- No luxury. A small 2 bedroom house with a touch of sophistication that comes from the unique and personal decoration. A cozy ambiance and a friendly atmosphere.
- You are 25 minutes outside of Valle de Bravo, 1.5 (straight line) miles north-west of the lake (10 minutes from the lake - the property is NOT on the shoreline - the property does not face the lake). 10 minutes to the Santuario / Sanctuario resort Access to the property is through a dirt road (0.9 miles): no need to have an off-road / 4x4 / SUV vehicle; regular low ground clearance cars will make it. A vehicle is a must-have to be able to move around with ease.
- GPS coordinates:
Latitude: 19°13'43.11"N or (phone number hidden)
Longitude: 100°11'10.71"W or (phone number hidden)
- You will get:
- a 660 square feet house on 1/2 acre yard.
- 2 bedrooms with 2 individual beds in each room. A 5th person can sleep on a coach in the living-room (extra cost applies).
- a functional kitchen without dishwasher.
- a bathroom with shower (hot water), lavabo and toilet - no bathtub -.
- a chimney in the living room.
- a stream of water at the west side of the property - perfect settings if you are in the mood for a refreshing bath.
- You will NOT get:
- no land-line phone (a payphone booth is at the next village - 2 minutes drive)
- no G3 or G4 services in the area, so forget about the data use on your smart phone: it is time to disconnect from the wireless world.
- no access to internet (you can use high speed internet access at the closest town - 15 minutes drive - for less than US$1.00 per hour)
- no dishwasher
- no A/C unit
- no fire pit in the yard
- Your pets are welcome at extra cost if they are well behaved and friendly to other pets and humans. They are NOT allowed to jump on furniture.
- The caretaker does NOT live on the site; however, he is very flexible and he can be reached on his mobile phone 24/7. Make sure that you provide him with an estimated time of arrival. Be aware that he does not speak English.
Almost all the property is to the guests access. Only the mezzanine with the owner's private belongings is out of reach.
Interaction with Guests
No interaction with our guests: we do not live on the property.
The caretaker will welcome you and will try to help you with anything you may need. As he only speaks Spanish, and if you cannot communicate with him, we'll be happy to "link" the communication: call us on our mobile phones and we'll reach him and we'll translate for you.
This private (non gated) community is mainly the home of weekenders (Mexicans and expats - from Switzerland, France, Germany). One or two houses are the (almost) permanent homes of two families from Switzerland.
No public transportation nearby. You would need to walk 5 miles to reach the main road and then you would be able to catch a local bus to either Valle de Bravo or Colorines. If you ask for a ride, many locals with private vehicles will give you a lift. A car is almost a must-have.
Other Things to Note
- Absolutely no smoking in the house.
- The caretaker is very serviceable. Make sure to tip him for the services he can provide you (should he deserves it).
- Check out before 12:00pm. Check in after 3:00pm. Late check-out and early check-in can be accommodated; ask us for details.
- Candles are provided as emergency lights when the electricity goes off. You may use them for romantic purposes, however, never leave a candle unattended.
- Toilet bowls: Only human waste! Absolutely no toilet paper, hygienic towels, Q-tips, ... !!! The basket next to the toilet bowl is for this purpose.
- He does NOT live on the site; however, he is very flexible and he can be reached on his mobile phone 24/7. Make sure that you provide him with an estimated time of arrival.
- Be aware that he does not speak English.
ENERGIES and RESOURCES:
- Help us keep our low rates: save water and electricity. Shut off fan, heater and lights when you leave the house.
- Report any water leak (toilet flushing all day day long, ...).
Help us be environmentally responsible:
- by reducing the amount of detergent used: If you plan in re-using the towel, do not through it on the floor.
- by reducing our impact on the underground phreatic and aquifer waters: do not flush medications or any chemicals in the toilet bowl.
- Absolutely no smoking in the house.
- Should you decide to smoke in the yard / garden: make sure that you pick up the cigarette butts.
- Please wash the kitchen utensils as soon as you used them; failure to do so, will attract all kind of bugs and vermin in the house.
- When you leave Casa Tilostoc, you are expected to leave the kitchenette and all the utensils washed and cleaned.
No laundry service is provided on site.
- Pets' owners: pick up IMMEDIATELY after your pet. Make sure your pet does not jump on the furniture.
- Be aware that the West end of the yard is NOT fenced as it ends on a stream of water, therefore your pet could escape through the stream of water.
SERVICE / TIP / GRATUITY:
- The gratuity, also called tip or "service" is NOT included.
- It is NOT mandatory, however, the caretaker and the maid will surely appreciate it (should he/she deserves it).
- It is left to your appreciation and it is completely discretionary.
- 10 to 15 % would be an excellent tip.