Nice room in a family house with the following amenities (single or double occupancy, an extra full sized elevated air bed or a twin bed at floor level can be added for 3 or more guests if needed).
You can find all my reviews under my profile. PLEASE read the room description of the things we offer. Guests are responsible to read it before making the reservation. What we offer is clearly described. Thank you.
FREE use of Smart Card (metro and bus card for savings commuting to the city)*
FREE wireless internet
FREE pre-paid local cellphone for international guests*
FREE driveway and street parking
FREE use of land-line phone
FREE use of bike (must bring own lock – ask for availability)
- Own entrance to apartment
- Keys to the house and key to your room
- Spacious, good sized closet
- Window to quiet yard
- Comfortable queen sized bed
- Clean sheets and towels provided
- Central air AC and heating*
- Full kitchen access and dedicated fridge and cupboard space
- SHARED bathroom
- Apartment spot-cleaned EVERY WEEKDAY. Fully cleaned once a week.
- Laundromats nearby. For in-house laundry please read under notes
- Pick up and drop off to Takoma Metro stop for a low fee ($10) no matter the number of people.
* Smart Card and pre-paid Cellphone must be recharged by guest. Central AC and heater available but we do not freeze the house during the summer, and we don’t keep it scorching hot in the winter.
- Metro stop is easily reachable by walking (15-20 minutes) or taking the bus (3 minutes)
- From Takoma Metro to all museums (National Mall) is a 12-15 minute ride on the metro subway.
- No pets on the floor but house is not suitable for people with severe pet allergies.
- Laundromats nearby or if you prefer we also offer in-house full service washing (we wash and fold) for a low fee ($8/load) which includes washer, drier & organic detergent, and folding.
- Guests are responsible to bring all their personal toiletries.
- Guests are responsible for buying their own food. We only offer use of the kitchen, cooking implements and appliances.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
Linen and Room Set-Up Fee description (one time only) paid on arrival:
- 1 bed for 1 or 2 people (or 2 adults and a 1 child): 12 dollars
- 2 beds for up to 3 people: 20 dollars
- 2 beds for 4 people: 25 dollars
Guests are required to pay a refundable security deposit on arrival. 100 dollars cash or PayPal (PayPal has a 2 dollar fee so 98 will be returned). The deposit is refundable when you vacate the room and there is no damage to the property
Takoma Park is a charming place with a lot of character. You can find organic grocery stores, a nice farmer's market, bike stores, and the people in Takoma Park are incredibly nice and proud of their neighborhood.
Takoma Park has a wonderful city main shopping strip with mom-and-pop stores and a variety of restaurants. It is perfect for those who like to walk around, look at stores, and try organic/natural food stores and restaurants.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1) Are you close to museums and downtown DC?
Yes! We are only a few minutes away on the metro (subway). We live in a safe and residential suburb with the convenience of being so close to downtown. Be advised that from the metro you have to walk to the house or take a bus. It is a nice and safe walk but people who do not like to walk won’t do well staying in our house (DC museums involve also a lot of walking so these people won’t be happy in DC anyway).
2) How many people live in the house?
This floor has 3 rooms. You will be sharing the bathroom with 2 other rooms. Depending on when you stay you could be the only one in the floor and get a full apartment for the price of a room. However, you must come to stay with us with the expectation that you will be sharing the common areas (bathroom, kitchen, and dining room) with others.
If you would like NOT to share with anyone else (or you are traveling in a big group), please go to my listings and look for the option of renting the whole apartment.
3) Do you provide breakfast?
We do not provide breakfast.
4) Is my child counted as an adult when making the reservation?
Yes, your child is counted as one person. If you are traveling with children please email me first.
5) Do you have pets?
There are no pets in this floor but the house is not suitable for people with severe pet allergies.
6) Why do I have to pay for a security deposit?
We have been hosts for a long time and have suffered many loses. The deposit guarantees that guests pay for the damages they do while at our home. If you are careful and take care of our things, the deposit is fully refunded when you leave the house.
7) Where can I do laundry?
There are Laundromats and dry cleaners nearby. As an added convenience we offer to do your laundry for a small fee ($ 8 per load), but we do encourage that you do it on your own.
8) Am I responsible to buy my personal toiletries and food?
Yes. Guests are responsible to bring their own personal toiletries and food. There various stores nearby. We ask everyone to be considerate and respect other guests (and hosts!) personal possessions.
Everything was as described by Kahlil herself.
Place was clean and Kahlil herself was very accommodating. I only spent nights there as I was visiting a relative living nearby. Didn't use kitchen or common space at all but only because I was out all day. Place is well equiped for those willing to spend more time indoors(cooking etc.).
We stayed at Jasmim's place for three nights and enjoyed the time. The whole apartment is very clean, the kitchen is well equipped and the beds are comfortable.
Getting to downtown Washington is easy, we always took the subway (price about 3.20 dollars during rush hours, 2.20 dollars the rest of the day). It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the subway station.
We highly recommend to stay at this place!
I'm relocating in Washington DC and this was my first experience in room renting. I enjoyed staying with Jaz and Jason. I spent a couple of weeks, the guys was really helpful providing answers to all my requests. Clean environment, quiet and friendly neighborhood. Thanks guys.
I really enjoyed staying with Jaz and Jason. The room was clean, neat, and tidy. I was able to park in the driveway. The whole neighborhood was very green and quiet. Trains to the city were convenient, the station was only short walk away.
I spent a couple of nights and I would come again. Thanks guys.
Our stay experience was wonderful. Jaz is a really great host and communicates really well. She is great about letting you know exactly what is going on in the house, what to expect, and all of the things in the area that might be of interest. The whole booking experience ran like a well oiled machine. On top of that Jaz and Jason are extremely warm and accommodating and the house is very clean and nice. We highly recommend. Thanks for the great stay!
Staying at Jasmin's place was great! It is nice and clean. Jasmin is very friendly and informative, and the neighborhood is also nice and pretty. I recommend it to anyone who is coming to D.C. :)
Generous, friendly, flexible comfortable four good words for our experience
My stay here was brief, but a very good experience. Jasmine was a very helpful and informative host. She was very flexible on the check in time as well. The apartment is clean and spacious. For the hospitality and affordable rate, I highly recommend this property.
This was an excellent experience. The owner of the house sent a valuable package of detailed information, namely, room rules, location of the house, how to set up the internet, etc, and the communication between us was always perfect. Thus, in terms of communication and organization I must praise the house owner.
Considering the room, once again I must highlight the accurate description that is provided. This is a big and clean room, the bef is comfortable and there is even a desk that allows to work, for example. The kitchen is equipped with all the necessary stuff and the restroom is clean.
As a conclusion, taking into account the relation quality/price, this is an excellent option for all people that wants to stay some days in a comfortable, clean and organized place in Washington DC that is not expensive.
Good sized, comfortable room as part of separate apartment with kitchen and dining area. It is a pretty good hike from the metro station, but reachable. There are lots of instructions posted all over -- at times a bit much.