About this listing
Your River View & Redwoods getaway; sleeps 1- 6 guests: 2 private bedrooms w/full-size beds, plus full-size memory foam sofa-bed; 1 full bath w/ SpaShower; Large Screen TV, WiFi, microwave, gas grill, patio, deck & hot tub. 5 min walk to River
Bright efficiency-kitchenette with wine-speckled granite, Ikea burnt sugar cabinets, new refrig, and plenty of river views! Cool privacy pocket doors to bath & the 2 bedrooms off the cedar-walled living area with high ceilings
All photos are verified by Airbnb and recent. Hot tub is working, available year-round, and NOT shared with the guest above, if any. Recently remodeled; it is the lower level studio under the upper level guest apartment. Although significantly private, you may (?) hear or see guest above (see reviews). Recently remodeled accommodations/rooms are spacious for 1-2, but cozy for 3-4 guests or more!
However, PLEASE NOTE: The Cottage is a 2-bedroom “lock-off suite”; use of second bedroom &/or Sofa-to-bed must be reserved at extra guest rate (additional $50/night/person) via Airbnb at booking.
NO SMOKING anywhere ON THE PROPERTY !
Your lower-level River-View getaway among the Redwoods; sleeps 1- 6 guests: 2 private bedrooms with full-size memory foam mattress/beds, plus 1 full-size memory foam pull-out sofa-bed in living area (@ extra guest rate); 1 full bath w/SpaShower; Large Screen TV, WiFi, kitchenette, full "wrap-around" deck with outdoor gas grill, patio with hot tub (new and available year-round!). Enjoy lounging on the deck in the 2 zero-gravity chairs, or dining indoors or out, after the 5 min walk up from The River!
Located about 75 miles north of San Francisco you’ll find The Starlight RiverView Cottage in its beautiful river and mountain view setting, creates an ideal environment for
* Hiking, walking or biking in the serenity of nature (ocean, river, mountain, valley...Redwoods!)
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating and fishing (fly) in the near-by walking distance Russian River, just 5 min. walk down the hill!
* Rejuvenate...with an invigorating on-site spa shower massage. Or massage (nearby or out-call) and on-site hot tub to renew and revive. Although we offer a spectacular shower experience and on-site outdoor hot tub... we are happy to recommend...you enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) and/or Yoga here at The Cottage. Contact Cindy or Patte in advance :))
…..and,Yes, We are Pet Friendly: Pets are welcome (see pet fee policy under "House Rules" tab). For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $40/night/per pet. For guests staying more than 2 nights, their pet fee is discounted to $25/night/pet.
NOTE: Pet reservation fee is in addition to your Airbnb guest lodging quote (see Guest Policy).
The kitchenette (NOT a full kitchen) has the utensils you'll need for serving snacks/beverages, but not intended for cooking; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven (no stove!), coffeemaker (filters provided) and outdoor gas grill. The kitchenette is NOT a kitchen and not intended for cooking meals: microwave and toaster oven only for warming or heating and enjoying previously prepared light snack-meals, etc.; cupboard has basics: plates, glassware, flatware & cutlery.
You are NOT allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner (no fires!). No cooking or meal preparation on premises; "House Rules"
You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket, a local convenience store or you may prefer to "order-in".
Comforts of Home...Linens are provided;
* Bed linens, blankets and pillows are provided.
* Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided. BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach Blankets! Guest towels/bedding for on-site use only!
* Bring your own liquid BODY WASH, shampoo, toiletries.
* extra parking may be available down the hill in town, tennis courts or at The River.
Sonoma Coast & Wine Country affords: Hiking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Horseback riding, Segway Touring, Wine tasting, Zipline through the Redwoods!
Birding, wildflowers, tidepooling, fly-fishing, and so much more!
Only registered guests will have access to the property and its amenities.
Please note: 1. Parking is limited to the space directly in front of the house (1 car max! however, off-site on street parking is available; see "house rules" )
2. Accommodations/rooms are spacious for 2, but cozy for 4 guests or more!; 2nd bedroom is a "lock-off" (only available at extra guest rate).
3. each bed is "full-size" (roomy for 1, but cozy for 2). The Sofa-to-bed in living are, if reserved @ extra guest rate, is memory foam-top full-size.
4. gated entrance to staircase to lower level entry.
5. deadbolts on doors and sliders for those who are concerned about security.
Only registered guests will have access to the property and its amenities.
_____ Due to safety & health restrictions, children/minors are not allowed in the hot tub.
--NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY !
Interaction with Guests
Upon arrival/check-in, kindly contact me; always need to know when you arrive.
Upon departure, you must actually "check-out"/contact me ( be sure to report on your stay, any concerns) :)
Tennis and basketball courts merely 1/10th mile down the hill. River access merely 2/10 mile next to local convenience market/store with beer and wine. Cocktails within walking distance, just over the Monte Rio bridge. Organic coffee and light breakfast/lunch just a 5 min walk alongside the skateboard park or across the bridge!!
Mountain biking and Zip-lining opportunities are near-by!
Parking is limited to 1 car max.
The Starlight is exactly. 01 (one tenth) of a mile, a short walk/narrow road up the mountain right above the river ("monte...rio"). If you absolutely are unable to car pool :( then on street overnight parking is available for additional cars.
Entrance to the river is only another .01 mile/short walk adjacent to Bartlett's convenience store!
It's a most convenient location. Taxi service available.
SCTA Bus #20 serves Santa Rosa-Monte Rio, via Guerneville; bus stop is at 3 min. walk.
Other Things to Note
(1) please note: The Cottage is a 2-bedroom “lock-off suite”; use of second bedroom must be reserved at extra guest rate (additional $50/night/person) via Airbnb at booking. Accommodations/rooms are spacious for 1-2, but cozy for 3-4 guests or more;
(a). beds are"full-size"; roomy for 1, but cozy for 2
(b) the “Sofa-to-bed” in living area, only if reserved @ extra guest rate, is memory foam-top full-size
(2) WiFi & Mobile signal is as stated (Comcast Wireless; strong 4G cell signal, Verizon/Sprint ONLY);
(3) since not renting the entire house (The Chateau), you may hear &/or see guest above.
(4) you must BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach Blankets :)
(5) **parking is limited to 1 car on street
(6) We’re sorry, but NO outside visitors are allowed during your River getaway.
(7) NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY !
Guest Policy Agreement (initial where indicated *)
_____*Minimum Age Limit For Reservation and Guest: 25 yrs. old with valid ID
_____*Pricing: Rates are as listed; additional guest fee/night/person as listed
--Deposits: follow AirBnB payment schedule
_____*Cancellations: To receive 50% refund of deposit and/or any prepayment, notice is required NO less than 30 days before check-in/arrival date (____* I understand this policy is “super-strict” and supersedes Airbnb cancellation policies).
--Check-in: 4:00pm to 7pm. Late arrival is discouraged; no discounts or extra fee for late arrival or early departure.
--Check-out: 11:00am. Exceptions upon request DURING last night of your stay; if available.
--Early Departures: There are NO refunds for early departures or unused nights.
--Visitors: We’re sorry, only registered guests, NO outside visitors, are allowed during your mountain or river retreat getaway.
--Parking: limited to ONE (1) vehicle total/maximum;
_____*NON-SMOKING ! Sonoma County ordinance restricts smoking. Smoking is prohibited in the house or anywhere on the property. Smoking in house will incur an automatic $175 damage penalty. There are NO “designated smoking areas”. Do not book, if you/guests must smoke.
--NO outside noise from 9 pm-9 am per Sonoma County Ordinance.
--Children: No. For safety concerns, hot tub, etc. not suitable for children.
_____*Pets: We are pet friendly :) Pet fee is in addition to your Airbnb lodging quote. For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night/per pet. When booking, please indicate number of pets you are bringing : ___ @ $35/night x _____nights = Total amount due: $ ______ (For guest staying more than 2 nights, adjust pet reservation fee to discounted $25/pet/night); if pets do not “check-in”, then refund in full!
_____*Additional Fees and Taxes: There will be an extra $75 electrician fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. Taxes @ 9% included in reservation quote/payment (Sonoma County Transient Occupancy Tax: 9% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 30 nights and shorter. For detailed information, visit (website hidden). (website hidden)).
--EASY ON SUNDAY MORNINGS: Make it a really long weekend. Stay Friday and Saturday, then enjoy a late (12 pm) checkout on Sunday. An extra day of wine tasting, Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, or just lounging by the fireside in your suite or on your deck with a favorite book. For sports fans, see the game on your large screen TV. The fine print: offer based on availability (check with owner last night or last morning DURING your stay!).
RiverView "House Rules"
(1) NO cooking indoors. Although no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The Cottage is equipped with a kitchenette, NOT a kitchen, so any food preparation is intended to be limited. You are NOT allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner; a gas grill is provided for your use; do NOT BURN anything (no fires!)
Again, the kitchenette is NOT a kitchen and not intended for cooking meals. There is a coffeemaker and electric teapot; microwave and toaster oven only for warming or preparing light snack-meals, etc. The toaster oven works great for warming up pizzas, leftovers and other goodies, as well as toast.
(2) Grilling outdoors; intended for light use only (ethnic BBQ, etc.not permitted); NO grease is allowed in sinks or toilet. First turn 1 knob to ignite position; if it does not ignite, repeat procedure. Utensils are provided, PLEASE be sure to turn-OFF each knob.
(3) Using the hot tub: use caution climbing in and out. After each use, kindly be sure the jets are off and the cover replaced in order to maintain heat (and protect the pump system from overheating). Note: unit will not heat while jets are on.
(4) Using the toilet: Nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing, but your body waste and specific provided toilet tissue...nothing else! Especially, No condoms or feminine hygiene products; only human waste. The Cottage is on a "Restricted" septic system (not sewer); only use the specific toilet tissue provided sparingly to keep the system working properly.
(4) Using candles: NO stand alone candles permitted; use candles in container ONLY!
(5) BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS & Beach Blankets and beach chairs; guest towels/bedding and chairs for on-site use only :)
---NO SMOKING anywhere on the property at any time. Do not book, if you/guests must smoke.
---on-street parking is restricted to 1 car maximum. It is a fire hazard to park otherwise. Additional parking may be found ONLY down the hill in the municipal lot or street parking.
---Recycle: Kindly separate your recyclable items from regular trash.
---Used/dirty kitchen items i.e, dishes, glassware, utensils, etc. should be placed in DISHWASHER; if FULL load, add pod and set on "Pots & Pans", then push "start" before check out. Thanks :)
Pets (see separate fee as stated above & in Guest Agreement Policy):
(1) You provide pet's bedding: Please be sure to bring your pet's favorite sleeping pad. Pets must be kept OFF bed & bedding. (2) Out of respect for future guests, pets must not sleep in our beds (this is a high flea and tick area!). Please be sure to bring your pets favorite sleeping pad. (3) For the safety of your pet, pets are NOT permitted to roam unattended. When walking your pet, be sure to keep the pet on a LEASH and comply with community courtesy: please remember to “curb your dog” and pick-up/clean-up after them (doggy bone/waste bags are provided on side of the house; place waste in black Trash bucket Only). Thanks for respecting my property, other pets, other guests and my neighbors :)
--- NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY !
---no early check-in; no luggage drop off.
---WiFi password: drjoe8220 (connect with “RiverView” comcast/Xfinity wireless)
---keyless entry: access code will be given upon check-in; locking your doors (especially while you are off the property) is required.
---By 11:00 a.m.
---Double check; be sure the outdoor grill knobs are in the OFF position
---Double check, be sure you have all your personal belongings!
---Dishes, etc. place in dishwasher: if FULL load, add pod, set to "Pots & Pans", then, if FULL, push "start" upon departure;
About the Host, RevDrJoe
I wish you peace, love and much joy as you prepare to COME TO CAZADERO! ...to Renew... Reflect... and Revive here in Northern California's Russian River Rental & Retreat site.
You can find out more "About Me" from my professional webpage: (website hidden)
My Favorite leisure activity:
Meeting friends, outdoor adventures, dancing and culinary arts
My Favorite TV-show:
I love the movies and my nightly dvds
My Favorite books:
J.R.R. Tolkien, Ken Wilbur, Joseph Campbell, Candice Pert, Andrew Harvey, Henri Nouwen, The Mystics, Rumi, Hafiz, Arthur Rex, The White Company, Hermann Hesse, Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, D.H. Lawrence, Thoreau, Shakespeare
My Favorite music:
Neil Young, Jonathan Edwards, BeeGees, Pointer Sisters, Jazz, Classical, Opera, 50's&60's, the Large Flowerheads, the Grease Band, Full Frontal Folk
My Favorite drink:
Sunday morning coffee, dark beer, organic red wines, filtered water & herb teas, vodka and tonic with an extra twist, and Anthony's Holiday mix
My Favorite meal:
Seafood, Mom's homemade Italian food and biscotti
My Favorite country for traveling:
My Favorite quotes:
"By Words the Mind is excited and the Spirit elated"
"The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection"