About this listing
- I donate 5% of my AirBnB payments from guests to charity: the "Pattaya Orphanage" located in Thailand. For ways to donate directly web search them & you'll find their website.
- Through 2014 we (guests + myself) have donated over $4,500.
I do not charge extra fees.
- No security deposit.
- No cleaning fee (either I do laundry/clean myself or pay my housekeeper $80 - $100 to do laundry/clean).
- I charge the same nightly rate for a weekday, weekend, holiday, New Year's Eve, EDC, CES, etc. I have discounts for guests staying 7 nights or longer.
- For your stay there's: free bottled water, free use of my washer/dryer, wi-fi tablet, Kindle e-book reader, and printer/printing.
- Private Bedrooms (see photos).
- I'll provide clean linen, pillow cases, blankets, towel & shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, floss, lotion+sunscreen. Guests can also use my: hair dryer, iron, ironing board, umbrellas, and so on.
- Some things I do not provide: mouthwash, washcloth.
- Free Snack/Breakfast Items (self-serve): AS AVAILABLE coffee, tea, instant noodles, milk, cereal, eggs, orange juice, sodas, bread, Nutella, peanut butter, nuts, kimchi, bananas, candy, crackers, etc.
- My alcohol (liquor, wine, beer) is NOT included with your stay.
- Access to Common Areas (see photos): Kitchen, Living Room, Family Room, laundry area with washer and dryer.
- Wi-Fi internet thru-out the house. Printer available.
Interaction with Guests
- If you need assistance or have any questions/concerns, I will help as much as I can.
- I interact with guests as much or as little as they prefer.
- My house is in a safe, quiet area with free street parking.
- Just ~3 miles (4.8 kilometers) / ~9 minutes (by car) west of the Strip, this one story, single family house is a 2 block walk (or drive) to Chinatown, Smith's (Kroger) Supermarket and other shops.
Approximate distance & direction from my house, one-way taxi fare and driving time to the Vegas':
- Strip (T.I., Wynn, Venetian & other hotels & casinos, et cetera): 2.8 miles (4.5 kilometers) east, ~$15+tip, ~9 min
- Palms or Rio Hotel & Casino: 2.1 mi (3.4 km) southeast, ~$15+tip, ~6 min
- Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino: 4.9 mi (7.9 km) southeast, ~$24+tip, ~10 min
- McCarran Airport: 6.6 mi (10.6 km) southeast, ~$30+tip, ~17 min
- Downtown (Main Street/Fremont Street): 6.1 mi (9.8 km) northeast, $29+tip, ~15 min
- Sands Expo & Convention Center: 3.2 mi (5.1 km) east, ~$17+tip, ~10 min
- Las Vegas Convention Center: 3.7 mi (6.0 km) east, ~$20+tip, ~8 min
- Red Rock Canyon: 15.0 mi (24.1 km) west, ~$60+tip, ~31 min
- Mount Charleston: 38.0 mi (61.2 km) northwest, ~$103+tip, ~54 min
- Trader Joe's Market: 1.4 mi (2.3 km) north
- If you don't bring a car you can get a rental for ~$25/day eg thru Travelocity, take a taxi (~$14+tip to the Strip) or take public Bus 203.
- From my house it's a ~11 min walk to the bus stop, ride Bus 203 eastbound for ~14 min & you'll be on the Strip.
Other Things to Note
- Check-In starts at 3 pm but you can drop your bags off earlier. Check-Out is by 12 noon but you can leave your bags at the house for the rest of the day.
- Earlier Check-In or later Check-Out is possible depending on room availability.
- Smoking is permitted on the patio but not inside the house.
- I don't smoke at all or use 420. I have no pets.
- I don't charge a cleaning fee but please treat my home as you would your home (I hope you don't live slovenly).
American-Chinese who speaks English and some Spanish, Mandarin and Vietnamese. I was in the US Army and served in South Korea, Japan, Germany, Iraq and Kuwait but unfortunately don't speak much of those languages. I'm easy-going but I do like to keep things clean and tidy. My hobbies include eating (especially home-cooking), watching films (DVDs + Netflix is awesome), reading non-fiction (I subscribe to 10+ magazines) and of course seeing family and friends.