- I donate 10% of my AirBnB payments from guests to charity: the "Pattaya Orphanage" located in Thailand. For ways to donate directly web search them & you'll find their website.
- Guests+me donated: $400 in 2011, $1,590 in 2012, $1,582 in 2013.
- Bedrooms 1, 2 & 3 are available for your reservation of up to total 5 guests. I occupy Bedroom 4.
- Private Bedrooms (see photos).
- I'll provide clean linen, pillow cases, blankets, towel & shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, floss, lotion+sunscreen. Guests can also use my: hair dryer, iron, ironing board, umbrellas, and so on.
- Some things I do not provide: mouthwash, washcloth.
- Free Snack/Breakfast Items (self-serve): AS AVAILABLE coffee, tea, instant noodles, milk, cereal, eggs, orange juice, sodas, bread, Nutella, peanut butter, nuts, kimchi, fresh fruits, candy, crackers, etc.
- My alcohol (liquor, wine, beer) is NOT included with your stay.
- Access to Common Areas (see photos): Kitchen, Living Room, Family Room, laundry area with washer and dryer.
- Wi-Fi internet thru-out the house. Printer available.
- If you need assistance or have any questions/concerns, I will help as much as I can.
- I interact with guests as much or as little as they prefer.
- My house is in a safe, quiet area with free street parking.
- Just ~3 miles (4.8 kilometers) / ~9 minutes (by car) west of the Strip, this one story, single family house is a 2 block walk (or drive) to Chinatown, Smith's (Kroger) Supermarket and other shops.
Approximate distance & direction from my house, one-way taxi fare and driving time to the Vegas':
- Strip (T.I., Wynn, Venetian & other hotels & casinos, et cetera): 2.8 miles (4.5 kilometers) east, ~$14+tip, ~9 min
- Palms or Rio Hotel & Casino: 2.1 mi (3.4 km) southeast, ~$10+tip, ~6 min
- Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino: 4.9 mi (7.9 km) southeast, ~$19+tip, ~10 min
- McCarran Airport: 6.6 mi (10.6 km) southeast, ~$28+tip, ~17 min
- Downtown (Main Street/Fremont Street): 6.1 mi (9.8 km) northeast, $28+tip, ~15 min
- Sands Expo & Convention Center: 3.2 mi (5.1 km) east, ~$15+tip, ~10 min
- Las Vegas Convention Center: 3.7 mi (6.0 km) east, ~$15+tip, ~8 min
- Red Rock Canyon: 15.0 mi (24.1 km) west, ~$48+tip, ~31 min
- Mount Charleston: 38.0 mi (61.2 km) northwest, ~$103+tip, ~54 min
- Trader Joe's Market: 1.4 mi (2.3 km) north
- If you don't bring a car you can get a rental for ~$25/day eg thru Travelocity, take a taxi (~$14+tip to the Strip) or take public Bus 203.
- From my house it's a ~11 min walk to the bus stop, ride Bus 203 eastbound for ~14 min & you'll be on the Strip.
- Check-In starts at 3 pm but you can drop your bags off earlier. Check-Out is by 12 noon but you can leave your bags at the house for the rest of the day.
- Earlier Check-In or later Check-Out is possible depending on room availability.
Chan was a great host. Very organize. Everything was labeled and he seemingly had all a guest could ask for. I did my laundry there, came and went at anytime.
I even had a private fridge in my room. I would stay at Chan's place again without question. He was very friendly and always willing to help out.
Stayed here during the Baker to Vegas relay challenge. The room was awesome, peaceful and quiet. I wanted a place away from all the noise and hoopla of Vegas and this fit the bill. Had my own room key and private bathroom. Bed was comfy and easy access to nearby restaurants and shops. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a restful place.
Great place, I would stay here again!
I enjoyed my stay at Chan's house. He keeps the place very clean, and there's plenty of kitchen and living room space to help one feel comfortable and at home. Excellent host, would recommend to anyone staying in the area.
I had a fantastic stay at Chan's home! Chan keeps a clean well organized home, which is conveniently located near the strip, but not so near that your kept awake by the relentless humdrum of the casinos.
I would highly recommend staying at Chan's to anyone thinking of visiting Vegas through Airbnb.
We had a wonderful stay at Chan's house. We actually stayed at Bedroom 1, which is the master bedroom and had a private refrigerator and private bathroom. The room is clean and sunny, the bathroom has everything supplied. The place is only 10 min drive to the Strip.
Nice location. Clean place and neat.
Great hospitality! Chan dug out a little used coffeemaker so I could maintain my morning caffeine ritual. We really didn't interact much as I was out before he really got going in the am and was in bed usually before Chan got home from work. Great place - clean & orderly. Not far from the Strip, but a car really makes it easier to get to there and elsewhere. The neighborhood is nice and I never felt uncomfortable in the area. I expect that I will repeat my stay with Chan during next year's trade show.
Chan was an amazing host! Even when he was tired he had the time to take us to the strip and give us directions. He helped us when we couldn't get a cab. His place is organized and clean, looks exactly like the pictures. It's very close to the strip (if you have a car) and is a 10min walk to the bus stop. Next time we are in Vegas we will definitely coming back to Chan's place.
Chan was really going out of his way to make me feel welcome. So I had a very good time in this mind- blowing crazy town. Thanks a lot
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.