- I donate 5% of my AirBnB payments from guests to charity: the "Pattaya Orphanage" located in Thailand. For ways to donate directly web search them & you'll find their website.
- Through 2013 we (guests + myself) have donated over $3,500.
I do not charge extra fees.
- No security deposit.
- No cleaning fee (either I do laundry/clean myself or pay my housekeeper $80 - $100 to do laundry/clean).
- I charge the same nightly rate for a weekday, weekend, holiday, New Year's Eve, EDC, CES, etc. I have discounts for guests staying 7 nights or longer.
- For your stay there's: free bottled water, free use of my tablet, free use of my Kindle e-book reader, free printer/printing.
- Private Bedrooms (see photos).
- I'll provide clean linen, pillow cases, blankets, towel & shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, floss, lotion+sunscreen. Guests can also use my: hair dryer, iron, ironing board, umbrellas, and so on.
- Some things I do not provide: mouthwash, washcloth.
- Free Snack/Breakfast Items (self-serve): AS AVAILABLE coffee, tea, instant noodles, milk, cereal, eggs, orange juice, sodas, bread, Nutella, peanut butter, nuts, kimchi, bananas, candy, crackers, etc.
- My alcohol (liquor, wine, beer) is NOT included with your stay.
- Access to Common Areas (see photos): Kitchen, Living Room, Family Room, laundry area with washer and dryer.
- Wi-Fi internet thru-out the house. Printer available.
Interaction with Guests
- If you need assistance or have any questions/concerns, I will help as much as I can.
- I interact with guests as much or as little as they prefer.
- My house is in a safe, quiet area with free street parking.
- Just ~3 miles (4.8 kilometers) / ~9 minutes (by car) west of the Strip, this one story, single family house is a 2 block walk (or drive) to Chinatown, Smith's (Kroger) Supermarket and other shops.
Approximate distance & direction from my house, one-way taxi fare and driving time to the Vegas':
- Strip (T.I., Wynn, Venetian & other hotels & casinos, et cetera): 2.8 miles (4.5 kilometers) east, ~$15+tip, ~9 min
- Palms or Rio Hotel & Casino: 2.1 mi (3.4 km) southeast, ~$15+tip, ~6 min
- Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino: 4.9 mi (7.9 km) southeast, ~$24+tip, ~10 min
- McCarran Airport: 6.6 mi (10.6 km) southeast, ~$30+tip, ~17 min
- Downtown (Main Street/Fremont Street): 6.1 mi (9.8 km) northeast, $29+tip, ~15 min
- Sands Expo & Convention Center: 3.2 mi (5.1 km) east, ~$17+tip, ~10 min
- Las Vegas Convention Center: 3.7 mi (6.0 km) east, ~$20+tip, ~8 min
- Red Rock Canyon: 15.0 mi (24.1 km) west, ~$60+tip, ~31 min
- Mount Charleston: 38.0 mi (61.2 km) northwest, ~$103+tip, ~54 min
- Trader Joe's Market: 1.4 mi (2.3 km) north
- If you don't bring a car you can get a rental for ~$25/day eg thru Travelocity, take a taxi (~$14+tip to the Strip) or take public Bus 203.
- From my house it's a ~11 min walk to the bus stop, ride Bus 203 eastbound for ~14 min & you'll be on the Strip.
Other Things to Note
- Check-In starts at 3 pm but you can drop your bags off earlier. Check-Out is by 12 noon but you can leave your bags at the house for the rest of the day.
- Earlier Check-In or later Check-Out is possible depending on room availability.
- Smoking is permitted on the patio but not inside the house.
- I don't smoke at all or use 420. I have no pets.
- I don't charge a cleaning fee but please treat my home as you would your home (I hope you don't live slovenly).
My stay with Chan was short but nice. Everything was as advertised and he even gave me a free upgrade to the master bedroom. We got to meet upon my arrival and made me comfortable. Everything is labeled in the house so you don't need to guess at anything. I will definitely stay when my travels bring me back to the Vegas area. Thanks again Chan.
Chan is the perfect host.
The room was spotless and as advertised.
You are feeling welcome and Chan is providing helpful informations via emails, texts and in your room (lot of tips to visit Vegas).
The signage in the house is perfect and Chan is offering everything you need to begin your day with a nice breakfast even noodles if you are feeling a bit hungry during the day.
Quiet neighborhood and with 10 min walk you are able to catch the bus (line 203) to the Strip.
That was a great AirBnb experience and I'd certainly stay there again the next time I visit Las Vegas.
Chan est un hôte parfait.
La chambre était impeccable et tout était conforme à l'annonce.
Vous vous sentez chez vous et Chan fournit des informations utiles via courriels, textes et dans votre chambre (beaucoup de tuyaux utiles pour visiter Las Vegas).
La signalisation dans la maison est parfaite et Chan offre tout ce dont vous avez besoin pour commencer votre journée avec un bon petit déjeuner et même des nouilles si vous avez une petite faim pendant la journée.
Quartier calme et à 10 min de marche vous pouvez prendre le bus (ligne 203) jusqu'au Strip.
Cela a été une très bonne expérience Airbnb et je retournerai certainement chez Chan pour mon prochain séjour à Las Vegas.
It was such a great time to stay Chan's house. The room is really clean and he is really kind. Whenever I ask something about Vegas, he always give me a good tip.
In addition to, today my flight is 7:00 AM. Even though he was tired, he gave me a ride at the airport.
I really appreciate it.
Chan is an amazing host. He is very friendly and neat. The house is situated in a quiet area and there is everything a guest needs.
Mr. Lam is a perfect host, even though we only saw each other when I came and when I left- everything was fine. The neighborhood is very convenient- near lots of retail; about a 10 min walk from the Spring Mountain bus to the Strip, a slightly longer walk to the Sahara bus, and a slightly shorter walk to the north-south Decatur bus. Las Vegas has surprisingly good bus service- most of these buses run till midnight or even 24 hours.
I stayed 4 nights in Bedroom 1. Chan's house is lovely. It's in a quiet neighborhood close to the Rio Hotel where I attended a conference over the weekend. Chan and I did not see much of each other, as our schedules did not align, but he was kind enough to upgrade me to Bedroom 1 before my arrival, which I was grateful for. The house was neat and tidy, and he had thought of everything for the room (extra toiletries, etc). There are plenty of great places to eat in the area, including tasty Pho, a Ramen Bar, and Thai Restaurants. This was an awesome AirBnB experience, and I will look forward to staying here again the next time I visit Las Vegas!
Although I never met him face-to-face during my four-day stay, Chan was a very good host. He made me feel welcome and provided helpful information via emails, texts and signage in the house. The room I stayed fit my needs perfectly. Not fancy but very clean and neat. I'd certainly stay there again.
This host has 94 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
American-Chinese who speaks English and some Spanish, Mandarin and Vietnamese. I was in the US Army and served in South Korea, Japan, Germany, Iraq and Kuwait but unfortunately don't speak much of those languages. I'm easy-going but I do like to keep things clean and tidy. My hobbies include eating (especially home-cooking), watching films (DVDs + Netflix is awesome), reading non-fiction (I subscribe to 10+ magazines) and of course seeing family and friends.