Charming home in the heart of San Francisco's Bernal Heights, voted America’s hottest neighborhood for 2014 and loved by San Franciscans. Professionally designed interior and landscaped garden with stunning views, delightful indoor & outdoor spaces.
Known as Green Dreams Bernal Retreat the view from the bedroom is expansive while out the living room windows a strawberry tree described as the "stellar example in San Francisco" provides an embrace. Friendly neighborhood and quiet neighbors. The home is on a small residential quiet street and offers a peaceful retreat in this bustling, vibrant city.
Winfield street is quintessential Bernal with its great access to the top of the hill park & the main shopping area of Cortland Avenue. Although you are in the heart of SF, you have privacy and the entire house to yourself.
Ten well graded stairs to the front door with a handrail and to the garden level where you can hottub is thirteen well graded steps with handrail and another five steps with handrail to relax in the garden.
A small color monitor in the bedroom with TV, DVD and video accessories. WIFI connection throughout the house and garden.
Bernal is hilly and my home is on a small hill.
Green dreams is solar powered.
Guests have access to a house in a popular San Francisco neighborhood. This is an entire home, not an apartment with lots of outdoor space. A charming, private garden offers a backyard oasis with an outdoor hot tub and hot and cold shower. The garden is surrounded by lush and colorful plants ideal for clothing optional hot tubbing and showering. The garden includes a cozy settee and small dining table with folding canvas chairs. New double pane windows throughout with screens (unusual for San Francisco), skylights in the hall and kitchen and a bathroom atrium with succulent garden all give the home bright, natural light throughout. Non metered street parking, no neighborhood parking permits required and no street cleaning days.
House Spaces in Detail:
(1) The bedroom and adjacent rear deck offer stunning views of Twin Peaks, Noe Valley and Glen Park. Often the moon sets on the Twin Peaks horizon and you can watch the fog curl over the city. The deck includes a miniature tree garden, two comfortable cushioned chairs and coffee table. The bedroom has a small pull down desk and a unique library of garden, botanical and landscape books.
(2) Adjacent to the colorful kitchen is the dining area with a large window. In addition to a plethora of neighborhood restaurants guests have use of a full kitchen stocked with pots & pans, dishes, silverware, appliances including toaster oven, dishwasher, blender, espresso machine, oven and stove and herb cabinet including staples like olive oil and vinegars.
(3) The cozy living room with velvet couch for lounging with large windows across the front looking out to one of the prettiest Strawberry trees in the city.
(4) Remodeled bathroom with original mosaic tile and new composite stone countertop sink, shower and tub combined should you prefer indoor bathing.
Interaction with guests
Before arrival I will assist with any questions about things to do, places to go, museum shows or best transportation to the house. During your stay I am easily accessible via cell phone, email or text. Your Welcome Packet includes information about the house, public transportation (buses, Bart, street cars and ferries). When you arrive a fruit basket awaits you, information sheet and a basket of maps and things to do in SF and Bay Area.
Other things to note
• Minimum four night stay
• Check in and check out can often be flexible.
• Green Dreams Bernal Retreat is a lesbian/gay friendly, chemical + smoke free home. Owner keeps a vegetarian kitchen; guests are free to prepare meals of their choice.
• This is a chemical free home, no harsh cleaning products used only green products. STR-0000142
Shoes at the door. Home not suitable for children. No smoking on property, house or garden.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
Outdoorsy, I have my own business, Poetree Landscapes & Arboriculture working as an arborist and aesthetic pruner. Practice yoga and swim especially like open water swimming. Swam from Alcatraz one year. Vegetarian. I used to do a number of different careers from oil paining to running a feminist press publishing historical postcards on women. Even worked at Lucas Arts for awhile, but not on the Star Wars project. I love big trees, big old trees and diving into mountain lakes.
I host airbnb guests in my home too when I am away.