About this listing
Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own Seattle garden cottage with easy access to Downtown Seattle. Your host Julie is welcoming and full of all of the Seattle expertise and tips you will need to have a fantastic getaway.
Welcome! Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own Seattle garden cottage with easy access to Downtown Seattle.
Your getaway cottage is centrally located just 18 minutes from SeaTac airport and downtown
Seattle - and now you can ride the new Light Rail! Walk 5 minutes to vibrant and historic Columbia City with loads of great restaurants, a fantastic natural foods grocery, cafe and deli called the PCC, art galleries, cinema, live theater, and a historic library. Search for Columbia City in NY Times for a helpful travel review.
Your accommodations include a bright cozy cottage, supremely comfortable Queen sized bed, sky lights, 3/4 bathroom, ceiling fan, gas fireplace, wet bar kitchen, a complimentary fruit bowl and tea, WIFI, and French doors overlooking a private garden. A spacious flagstone patio with a private large hot tub to relax are complemented by a gorgeous territorial view.
Lake Washington and Seward Park offer some of the best walking and biking paths in Seattle and are just minutes from the cottage. Whether you're from the NW, visiting family and from the States or abroad, you will love your private zen garden retreat.
Welcome to the Garden Cottage!
Things to note:
- check in time is 4pm, check out is 11am; I may be able to accommodate earlier or later times, just ask
- gas fireplace on/off switch is top left
- keep bathroom door open for best ventilation when hot
- please wipe shoes well or take them off; the gravel gouges the wood floor
- 'twinkly' lights switch is behind the blue vase on the kitchen counter
- please use cutting board (not kitchen counter); sharp knife in drawer
- cold water from kitchen sink is filtered!
- trash, recycling and compost bins are on the right side of the house if things need to be disposed of
- collect recyclables in zip-top bag with ferns and pink handles under sink; collect compostables in beige plastic bucket under sink
- plug your music device into the Tivoli player on the desk and turn the switch to 'Aux'
- Wifi info is on desk
- the garden cottage is also my yoga studio; please feel free to borrow the books but place them back where you found them
- hot tub cover folds over and fits between tub and house; best to have 2 people lift back up
- hot tub is set to 104 degrees; for longer soaking 101 is advisable; remember to rehydrate!
- extra towels are available if needed
- I'm always available by my cell phone - feel free to call or text me with questions or for local recommendations
Thank you for staying at the Garden Cottage! I hope you enjoy your stay.