Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own Seattle garden cottage with easy access to Downtown Seattle. Your host Julie is welcoming and full of all of the Seattle expertise and tips you will need to have a fantastic getaway.
Welcome! Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own Seattle garden cottage with easy access to Downtown Seattle.
Your getaway cottage is centrally located just 18 minutes from SeaTac airport and downtown
Seattle - and now you can ride the new Light Rail! Walk 5 minutes to vibrant and historic Columbia City with loads of great restaurants, wine bar, art galleries, cinema, live theater, and a historic library. Search for Columbia City in NY Times for a helpful travel review.
Your accommodations include a bright cozy cottage, supremely comfortable Queen sized bed, sky lights, 3/4 bathroom, ceiling fan, gas fireplace, wet bar kitchen, a complimentary fruit bowl and tea, WIFI, and French doors overlooking a private garden. A spacious flagstone patio with a private large hot tub to relax are complemented by a gorgeous territorial view.
Lake Washington and Seward Park offer some of the best walking and biking paths in Seattle and are just minutes from the cottage. Whether you're from the NW, visiting family and from the States or abroad, you will love your private zen garden retreat.
Welcome to the Garden Cottage!
Things to note:
- gas fireplace on/off switch is top left
- keep bathroom door open for best ventilation when hot
- please wipe shoes well or take them off; the gravel gouges the wood floor
- 'twinkly' lights switch is behind the blue vase on the kitchen counter
- please use cutting board (not kitchen counter); sharp knife in drawer
- cold water from kitchen sink is filtered!
- trash, recycling and compost bins are on the right side of the house if things need to be disposed of
- collect recyclables in zip-top bag with ferns and pink handles under sink; collect compostables in beige plastic bucket under sink
- plug your music device into the Tivoli player on the desk and turn the switch to 'Aux'
- Wifi info is on desk
- the garden cottage is also my yoga studio; please feel free to borrow the books but place them back where you found them
- hot tub cover folds over and fits between tub and house; best to have 2 people lift back up
- hot tub is set to 104 degrees; for longer soaking 101 is advisable; remember to rehydrate!
- extra towels are available if needed
- friendly black kitty is Ursula; she loves to be picked up, stroked and will gladly sit on your lap, but she isn't allowed in the cottage! :)
- check-out time is 11am; later check-out may be an option, ask for availability
- I'm always available by my cell phone - feel free to call or text me with questions or for local recommendations
Thank you for staying at the Garden Cottage! I hope you enjoy your stay.
I am a return guest at Julie's cottage and plan to return again. It is bright, cozy and extremely clean, with all the amenities one could need. I highly recommend it.
What a great experience. I asked my girlfriend to marry me at the edge of the bed. It was the perfect setting.
The place was so clean and smelled amazing! It was exactly what we were looking for. I can definitely see why she would use this space as a yoga studio.
In LOVE! I will be coming back for sure!
It was a clean beautiful bright quiet place to relax and unwind. Julie was very kind and gave me all the privacy I needed.
Lovely cottage beautifully maintained. Compact. Quiet. Peaceful. Near good restaurants, Empire Espresso, Columbia City Bakery and the link rail station. Easy to downtown and the airport. Excellent neighborhood. Julie's the perfect host. What's not to like?
My boyfriend Calisto and I stayed in the cottage for a couple of days to celebrate both of our birthdays and anniversary in Seattle. Julie was very warm and welcoming. And we were wowed by the cottage that is an oasis amidst the fog. It was nice to stay in a neighborhood that we may not have seen if we stayed in a conventional hotel downtown. Everyone in Columbia City was extremely welcoming. We especially liked the wine tasting and jazz at The Royal Room as well as the all day breakfast spot, Geraldine's Counter (for us late risers). When we wanted to venture to the city, either the number 7 bus or link brought us there in no time. Overall it was a lovely stay. Thanks, Julie!
Julie was great all along the process - from initial engagement through check-out, she was available and attentive, but also gave us our space to make the place our own. Can't complain about anything except the price, but Seattle is an expensive market overall and this didn't seem to far out of line with the rest of the options on AirBnB.
We didn't get a chance to meet Julie since we were staying over Christmas and she was (reasonably) away with family. Despite that, she did a great job of communicating with us and told us that she was available if needed and set us up with the contact information for her house sitter. This space was really, really pleasant. We LOVED the hot tub at night- perfect for relaxing after walking around the city and we did A LOT of walking. We liked that the place was in a quiet neighborhood but that we could easily access the city. The light rail was a short walk away and it was so easy and cheap from there to get to downtown. We didn't rent a car and were fine. There is a Safeway and a liquor store about a 15 minute walk from the cottage if you want to get some groceries. I would say if you don't plan on renting a car then you should plan on walking quite a bit. The bed really is so comfortable. We didn't really explore the neighborhood a lot because we went in the city everyday but it seemed like there were restaurants within walking distance from there. Overall a great stay at the garden cottage.
Hi, my name is Julie and I live and work in Seattle. I'm a 'people' person and love being an Airbnb host. In 2008 I built my gorgeous garden cottage for visits from family as well as to share with Seattle visitors as a vacation rental. It's truly a special, peaceful space infused with lots of love and it's ready for you to call your home away from home. I enjoy the challenge of creating both a beautiful and edible garden, trying new and exotic foods, dancing the tango, sailing on Puget Sound and Cape Cod, hiking, live music, practicing yoga (I'm also a certified yoga teacher and therapist) and all of the amazing outdoor opportunities the NW has to offer. I'm passionate about my career as a real estate broker, so if you are looking to make the Puget Sound area your new permanent home, I would love to help you find that perfect place. I hope to meet you! Julie