About this listing
Just moments away from St Kilda beach, bars and restaurants. A choice of transport at your door. Ony 15 mins train to the City. Enjoy a gourmet kitchen, dining area and sitting room. Your room is very comfy with fab futon, desk, robes.
Enjoy your Melbourne holiday or business trip in a perfectly positioned St Kilda house – in Melbourne’s most sought-after locality.
My house is a delightful Edwardian terrace, situated in a quiet street moments from the beach and Melbourne's best bars, restaurants and shopping strips.
Key Features Include:-
• Your own loft bedroom with double futon (brand new) and built in robes (accessed by ladder from kitchen/dining room)
• A cosy sitting room with open fireplace (cosy in winter), digital TV and stereo.
• An open plan kitchen and dining area (seats 8)
• Delightful sunny courtyard leading from dining area
• 1 bathroom (shared)
• Wireless internet
• Computer access
• Digital TV
• 2 x stereos (w/ ipod)
• Washing mach & dryer
The two separate living areas means you can enjoy some privacy even when I'm in the house too.
A few pointers about me:
•In in my 40’s
•I run my own business consulting business (I’m pretty busy)
•I work hard – usually working or home early on weeknights
•I’m social from Thursday night onwards – love dinner, movies, bars, theatre etc etc
•I’m up early every morning for a 6am walk (don’t worry I won’t wake you).
•I’m passionate about St Kilda, Melbourne & Victoria
•I’m pretty easy going
You As My Guest:-
• You’ll be a professional traveller or business person (pref aged 28+)
• I’ll generally leave you to your own devices
• I worked many years for Melbourne/Victorian tourism so I can write the perfect travel itinerary to meet your needs – I may even play tour guide for you one day (all things permitting)
• I’ll just love welcoming you to my home and St Kilda
Guest will have access to all parts of the house. I want you to feel completely at home as if it were your own.
Interaction with guests
It's completely up to you. I enjoy a conversation with guests in the evenings but I also respect your privacy. There are two living areas so you can have space to yourself or your welcome to share same room. I often spend an evening with guests cooking dinner, watching a dvd or having a chat over a glass of wine.
St Kilda is Melbourne’s most sought-after area for travellers and locals alike. My house is easy walking distance from everything you could want including:
• A choice of world class beaches with amazing views (10mins walk)
• An eclectic, bohemian and cosmopolitan history & culture
• A wide selection of beach bars & cafes from fine dining to fish and chips
• Melbourne’s hippest bars/bistros including The Dog’s Bar, The George & Newmarket
• Melbourne’s best restaurants Di Stasio (Italian), Cicciolina (International), Circa (International) and Grossi Trattoria
• World famous bistros including The Bedolin Kitchen (Indian), Lau’s Family (Chinese) and Mr Wolf (international)
• Great pubs and/or live music including The Prince Bandroom, the Espy and the The Local
• Great theatres (Redstitch), amazing galleries (Acland Street Gallery), diverse cultural centres (Alliance Francaise)
• Australia’s best cake shops and funky boutiques in Acland Street
• Melbourne’s famous designer shopping strip – Chapel Street
• An abundance of food markets, farmers markets, art markets
St Kilda is one of the best located suburbs in Melbourne. It is easy to get anywhere with many transport options.
• Train (5 mins walk) is 10mins from Melbourne CBD
• Train is 8 minutes from Richmond and the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground & Melbourne Park (home of the Australian Open)
• Tram (2 mins walk) is 20 mins from Melbourne CBD
• Tram (1 mins walk) is 5 mins from Chapel Street Shopping, Bars & Restaurants
No smoking in house - an ashtray is available in courtyard.
Please don't eat meals or food in the bedroom. There is a dining table where you're very welcome to eat your meals. Food can be stored in pantry or fridge.
No guests over night.
I try to refrain from plastic bags. I can provide you a shopping bag for your grocery shopping.
Please if possible refrain from late night showers - only because the shower is behind my bed and it'll wake me up.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I'm a busy professional aged in my early 40's and running my own consulting business.
I love my work and I work pretty hard so I'm usually either going to work functions or keeping pretty quiet during the week - although I'm always up for a glass of wine. Over the weekend I am social - catching up with friends for dinner, drinks, movies or theatre. I often catch up with friends at one of our favourite local bars - The Dogs Bar.
I am well travelled and have spent a lot of time in France and Europe in particular. I generally like to stay for relatively long stays of at least a 2 weeks in any location so as I get a real sense of the place and its rhythm. I gravitate towards local bars, restaurants, galleries and parks when I travel. And as a rule I avoid tourist attractions because I think the heart of a place is in its people not in places where 1000s of other tourists flock.
In terms of other interests: I prefer arthouse and foreign language films. And I also love Australian film making - Aussies can be great story tellers. I love good literature. Some of my favourite writers include: Milan Kundera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Simone de Beauvoir, Tim Winton.
I'm passionate about music of all types - but mostly independent music. I love everything from Martha Wainwright, Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, The Velvet Underground, Camille, Brian Eno, Philip Glass and many of Australia's amazing independent artists. Melbourne is blessed with a thriving live music culture.
I love meeting new people and learning about different cultures, philosophies and ways of life. I relish a good intelligent conversation. I speak French (moderately) and would welcome French speaking guests. I'll help you practise your English if you allow me to practise my French.
And like many St Kilda locals I am absolutely passionate about this area. And so I will love pointing you in the direction of our many great beaches, bars and restaurants. And on the odd occasion I might even join you.