About this listing
A med student's paradise! All are welcome though! A cozy room in the rear of an old, big twin house w/a private staircase. 15 mins to downtown Philly. Train station only 7 blocks away. Tons of bars & restaurants within walking distance. Quiet & safe!
This is not the Hilton but I guarantee you will enjoy your stay and save some money in the process. A new queen bed (real mattress - May 2015)! An old house with charm that I am always making little upgrades too.
Hardwood floors throughout, clean shared full bathroom upstairs, powder room downstairs with washer and dryer, wireless internet, pool table, darts, fire pit, BBQs (spring, summer and fall seasons), bar across the street and around the corner as well as tons of dining establishments (take-out, delivery, etc) within walking distance.
MED STUDENTS - Save money!
Medical testing facility 0.6 miles straight down the street. Walk safely there in about 10 minutes. No need to rent a car. Take the train right to my neck of the woods. I'll pick you up and drop you off at the station if my schedule does not conflict.
Many restaurants are within walking distance, and one of the largest malls (King of Prussia Mall) is only 10 minutes away. I will provide fresh linens, towels and wash clothes.
Close to downtown Philadelphia, Manayunk, Ambler, the outlets and tax-free shopping Delaware about an hour away. I am here to help. Need a suggestion on where to eat, just ask! I love food!
Enjoy this quaint neighborhood with a city feel. Safe and quiet usually. Good for an evening walk without worries. Get your morning run in at the park right around the corner.
A very friendly cat who will not bother you is my other roommate. His name is Diablo and he tends to convert people who don't care for cats. Diablo is more like a dog/little human. He keeps to himself and blends in with the household. You would not expect an animal living in my house as I try to keep it pretty clean.
Wireless internet throughout the house, tv (cable), Apple tv and a DVD in the living room but not in the bedroom, free parking, washer and dryer, a sun room in the front of the house, a fully equipped kitchen (just clean up after yourself or we can clean together if we happen to cook something cooperatively).
* Please supply your own food, but feel free to use the kitchen, refrigerator, etc. Anything else, just ask!
I work full time Monday through Friday usually. I take it easy during the week and I am home most nights. I stay at my girlfriends some nights. She stays at the house other nights.
I love to go out to eat and cook just as much. I am a busy one that likes to relax as much as possible. I will not be up in your face or business as I hope you will give me the same respect. The common areas are for everyone to hang out. Your room is your room and if the door is shut, you will not be disturbed.
I'm obsessed with coffee. I grind my own beans every morning. I will make extra the on the mornings I have guests.
Close to parks, bars, restaurants, a train station, easy access to everything including the King of Prussia Mall, Philadelphia, all highways, and more!
A train station is only 6 blocks away! A bus station route is a few blocks away too.
Please contact me with any questions, concerns or suggestions. I strive to be the best host possible!
The room described (obviously), all common areas which is most of the house and yard. We just would prefer if you did not access the basement, attic or the other two bedrooms. Thank you.
Interaction with Guests
I live at the house full time. I do have a busy schedule from time to time, so I am always in and out. My awesome cat (more like a dog) Diablo lives at the house but keeps to himself and is very friendly. He wont bother you or your possessions during your stay. You wont even know he is there most of the time and I keep the house pretty clean for having a cat there. My girlfriend stays over spontaneously as well but tends to stay at her place when I have AirBnB guest visiting.
Everything is close. Restaurants, bars, parks, highways, public transportation, etc are all within walking distance or a couple minute drive. Safe, quiet and friendly with a city feel to it. A park is right on the other side of the house as well.
Buses, trains, cabs, Uber, walk, etc.
Other Things to Note
- Do not let my cat outside! Please. He is an indoor cat.
- If no one is around at your time of checking out, please lock the front door on your way out and place the key in the mail slot.
PLEASE TURN OFF A/C UNITS WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME IF GONE FOR A GOOD WHILE - JUST A SAFETY PRECAUTION
- Respect the house and it will respect you back.
- Please, no smoking inside. I have a cat that is very friendly and won't bother you (he is more like a dog).
- Please only deposit bathroom tissue in toilets as the plumbing in the house is very old.
- Please leave towels, washcloths, etc in hamper found in the closet within your room.
- No need to strip the bed before checkout. I have a cleaner come in after you leave that handles that.
- No central air, window units in each room, so please follow rules for A/C units to help prevent electrical fires.
- Yes, central radiator heat!
- Please lock doors WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME.
* During the warm months, please set the window A/C in your room to AUTO and the desired temperature as the unit is an energy saving/smart unit. PLEASE TURN OFF WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME. This unit can be set to come back on before you return so your room will still be at a desired temperature. I will go over all of this. Same for the other A/C units in the common areas.
* During cold months, I do have central radiator heat which is nice. Please do not adjust main thermostat. I will have a portable space heater in the room for your comfort. If using, please set to desired temperature as this unit has an auto-feature. PLEASE TURN OFF WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME.
About the Host, John
Young at heart creative professional who loves to travel, enjoying life striving to succeed in this ever changing economy. I am a foodie for sure, the outdoors are my life and I am never afraid to try something at least once.