About this listing
A med student's paradise! All are welcome though! A cozy room in the rear of an old, big twin house w/a private staircase. 15 mins to downtown Philly. Train station only 7 blocks away. Tons of bars & restaurants within walking distance. Quiet & safe!
This is not the Hilton but we guarantee you will enjoy your stay and save some money in the process. A new queen bed (real mattress - May 2015)! An old house with lots of charm that we are always making little upgrades too.
Hardwood floors throughout, clean shared full bathroom upstairs, powder room (half bathroom) on the first floor with washer and dryer, wireless internet, pool table, darts, fire pit, BBQs (spring, summer and fall seasons), bar across the street and around the corner as well as tons of dining establishments (take-out, delivery, etc) within walking distance.
MED STUDENTS - Save money!
Medical testing facility 0.6 miles straight down the street. Walk safely there in about 10 minutes. No need to rent a car. Take the train right to our neck of the woods. We will pick you up and drop you off at the station if our schedules does not conflict. If not, it's only a few blocks walk.
Many restaurants are within walking distance and one of the largest malls (King of Prussia Mall) is only 10 minutes away. We will provide fresh linens, towels and wash clothes.
Close to downtown Philadelphia, Manayunk, Ambler, the outlets and tax-free shopping Delaware (about an hour away). We are here to help. Need a suggestion on where to eat, just ask! We love food!
Enjoy this quaint neighborhood with a city feel. Safe and usually quiet. Great area for an evening walk without worries. Get your morning run in at the park right around the corner or just cruise around the neighborhood.
We have two very friendly cats who will not bother you. These are our other roommates. We are not crazy cat people (my girlfriend Valerie is borderline). The cats names are Diablo and Bentley and they tend to attempt converting people who don't care for cats. They keep to themselves and blend in with the household. You would not expect an animal living in this house as we try to keep it pretty clean. ** there is always a possibility they one of them or both of them will be at one of our parents houses when you stay with us **
Wireless internet throughout the house, tv (cable), Apple TV, and a DVD/BluRay player in the living room. The bedroom will has a digital antenae and Apple TV as well. We may have Chromecast by the time you stay here.
Free parking, washer and dryer, a sun room in the front of the house, a fully equipped kitchen (just clean up after yourself or we can clean together if we happen to cook something cooperatively). A cozy little backyard with a deck, grill and garden are available as well.
* Please supply your own food, but feel free to use the kitchen, refrigerator, etc. Anything else, just ask!
I, John, work full time Monday through Friday usually. Valerie (my girlfriend) has a similar schedule. We take it easy during the week and are usually home most nights unless we have AirBnb guests, then we try to give you a little extra space when we can. We go out most weekends.
We love to go out to eat and cook just as much. We will not be up in your face or in your business as we hope you will give us the same respect. The common areas are for everyone to hang out. Your room is your room.
I'm obsessed with coffee. I grind my own beans every morning. I will make extra the on the mornings we have guests.
Close to parks, bars, restaurants, a train station, easy access to everything including the King of Prussia Mall, Philadelphia, all highways, and more!
A train station is only 6 blocks away! A bus station route is a few blocks away too.
Please contact us with any questions, concerns or suggestions. We strive to be the best host possible!
The room described (obviously), all common areas which is most of the house and yard. We just would prefer if you did not access the basement, attic or the other two bedrooms. Thank you.
Interaction with guests
We live at the house full time. We do have busy schedules from time to time, so we are always in and out. Possibly two awesome friendly cats (more like dogs). They wont bother you or your possessions during your stay. You wont even know he is there most of the time and we keep the house pretty clean for having cats there.
Everything is close. Restaurants, bars, parks, highways, public transportation, etc are all within walking distance or a couple minute drive. Safe, quiet and friendly with a city feel to it. A park is right on the other side of the house as well.
Buses, trains, cabs, Uber, walk, etc.
Other things to note
- Do not let the cats outside! Please. They are both indoor cats.
** there is always a possibility they one of them or both of them will be at one of our parents houses when you stay with us **
- If no one is around at your time of checking out, please lock the front door on your way out and place the key in the mail box.
- Respect the house and it will respect you back.
- Please, no smoking inside. Ashtrays can be provided outside.
- Please only deposit bathroom tissue in toilets as the plumbing in the house is very old.
- Please leave towels, washcloths, etc in provided hamper found in your room.
- No need to strip the bed before checkout. We have a cleaning person come in after you leave.
- No central air, window units in each room, so please follow rules for A/C units (below) to help prevent electrical fires.
- Yes, central radiator heat! Space heater provided for extra comfort, so please follow rules for space heater units (below) to help prevent electrical fires.
- Please lock doors WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME.
- Please do not adjust main thermostat in kitchen. Feel free to reach out to us for adjustments.
* During the warm months, please set the window A/C in your room to AUTO and the desired temperature as the unit is an energy saving/smart unit. PLEASE TURN OFF WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME. This unit can be set to come back on before you return so your room will still be at a desired temperature. I will go over all of this. Same for the other A/C units in the common areas.
* During cold months, I do have central radiator heat which is nice. Please do not adjust main thermostat. I will have a portable space heater in the room for your comfort. If using, please set to desired temperature as this unit has an auto-feature. PLEASE TURN OFF WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME.
During the Hot Months:
PLEASE TURN OFF WINDOW A/C UNITS WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME IF GONE FOR A GOOD WHILE - JUST A SAFETY PRECAUTION
During the Cold Months:
PLEASE TURN SPACE HEATER (IF EVEN USING) WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE EACH TIME IF GONE FOR A GOOD WHILE - JUST A SAFETY PRECAUTION
Please note, smoking is allowed but ONLY OUTSIDE THE HOUSE. Ashtrays will provided.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
Young at heart creative professional who loves to travel, enjoying life striving to succeed in this ever changing economy. I am a foodie for sure, the outdoors are my life and I am never afraid to try something at least once.