About this listing
I have a particular and meticulous selection process for choosing my guests among many applicants. Please do me a favour and try to read all of the description before sending an inquiry. In return, you might be protected against some greedy local commissioners or landlords who may charge you much more than the legitimate local market prices.
About the location:
The flat is centrally located in the non-touristic part of the historical peninsula. By public transport:
~10 minutes to Sultanahmet(for the historical sights)
~15-20 minutes to Taksim(for the nightlife and cultural events)
~15 minutes to the main coach station
~45 minutes to Atatürk Airport(15-20 minutes if you take a cab)
It is very calm neighborhood with loads of students and middle-class families. It is one of the safest neighborhoods in Istanbul: no drunkards, no mass demonstrations, no tear gas, no explosions, no muggings, no violence(except for the domestic ones in the neighbours) , very rare burglaries etc. There is an abundance of restaurants, cafes, groceries, supermarkets, bakeries etc in the neighborhood with pretty affordable prices. There are no nearby touristic attractions that you can be ripped off. Indeed you can find some 500-year-old mosques, Turkish baths, churches, drinking fountains, millennium-old ramparts and even older ruins among ugly and relatively new concrete buildings but none of them are furbished and served for tourists. There is literally nothing that makes my place special. I do not sell any breathtaking rooftop vista, oriental decoration or superb hospitality. If you are a luxury-seeker or looking for a special experience, you should be looking for another host.
About the flat:
- It is a large, cozy and reasonably sunny) flat.
- You will have a private room with a double bed and a couch. You have to pass through the living room to reach the shared toilet and bathroom.
- You will have your own keys for the flat and a combination of primitive fixed slide lock and normal lock on the door of your private room. You will enter your room directly without passing any other rooms and your privacy won't be disturbed.
- Central heating bolstered with electrical heaters
The facilities you'll be sharing with other inhabitants:
- Refrigerator(there will be a shelf reserved for you)
- 24 hours hot water
- Bathroom with a bathtub and shower
- Typical flush toilet (separate from bathroom)
- Full-fledged kitchen
People you might meet during your stay:
- A drama queen from Southern France
- Some passer-by friends, usually medical doctors
- Some foreign friends from all over the world and some new friends as CSers
Probable complimentary features unless they're depleted or lost:
- IstanbulKart for public transportation(Indeed it can be more economic for you to buy an IstanbulKart upon your arrival at the airport and use it till the end of your trip then keep it as a souvenir)
- A mobile phone with a local GSM card in it(if you stay shorter than 3 weeks)
- Wide variety of tea, coffee and some herbal crap
- Washing machine hair dryer, iron
- Wireless Internet (7-8 Mbps)
- Soap, shampoo, shower gel
- Printer, scanner and copier
- Heaps of umbrellas
- An antique laptop
- Clean bedding, duvet, blanket and towels(if you are a student)
For cleanliness and hygiene you have 2/3 options:
- Only for students: No cleaning fee will be charged.
In this context you are subject to OUR standards in terms of cleanliness and hygiene. Clean towels and bedding are complimentary. In return your silent, obedient and very cheerful consent is expected. (recommended, please mention it in your inquiry)
- You pay €10 and get reasonably swept and cleaned room with clean towels and bedding. Again, for the rest of the flat you are subject to OUR standards. (recommended, default option)
- You pay an extra €50 and I'll call a professional cleaner who is going to make everything in the apartment shiny and dust-free. (not recommended, go ahead and ask for it to ensure your rejection:))
It is possible to park for free in front of the building if you come with a car.
There is a positive discrimination for PhD guys, healthcare workers, journalists, Vikings, Kiwis, Irish, native Flemish/Dutch speakers and the wonderful people of Midwest.
I provide one of the cheapest(particularly if you ignore new or fake or some freaks' listings) accommodation in Istanbul. It is an exclusive offer for interesting and distinguished people. Therefore, the money you give has a completely negligible importance compared to how you introduce yourself. Despite my hectic and busy life I'd like to host people that I can share something. But, unfortunately, presumably we'll see each other only late in the evenings if I don't have a shift.
To let me know that you've read the description, understood it and accept all the conditions, please find the KEY PHRASE(have a look at the photos) and some punctuation marks(check the "House Rules" section) to put right after the key phrase and use them in the beginning of your message. It is also good idea to check my profile to avoid making a boner. Otherwise the response will be late and negative. You might find this procedure somewhat mean but it is essential to prevent any disappointment in advance. Thanks for your tolerance and patience. You you managed to read till here and still eager to send an inquiry I assure you that you won't be disappointed. :)
By the way neither obsession nor compulsion is affiliated with this long and bizarre description. It is just a refined consequence of the experience of hosting more than 400 people from all over the world.&
-Zero tolerance for illegal substances
-No noise after midnight
-Shoes must be taken off at the entrance
-Your collaboration is expected for recycling plastic, paper, glass, metal and batteries
-You must turn off the lights that you're not using
-You must lock the door every time you get in or out even though if there is a party going on in the house
-Everything can be criticized or even ridiculed. Taboos and dogmas are strictly prohibited
-There is absolutely no curfew. You'll be free to explore and enjoy Istanbul whenever you want(7/24) without any restriction. You can come back to home anytime you want
-Smoking is condoned in the particular areas like the kitchen or your own room. If it is fine by everyone, you can smoke in the living room as well. When the heating system is on, it is forbidden to smoke anywhere except for the kitchen.
-You must ask for it upfront if you want to bring someone else(gf, bf, just a random dude, one-night-stand etc)
-The 3 punctuation marks that you should put after the key phrase: ":-)"
---If your arrival date is coincide with one of my 36-hour shifts at the hospital, you'll be asked to check in a day after or before. If you check-in a day before, it will be free of charge. If you check in a day after the agreed date, you will be reimbursed one night fee. The shift-list is usually declared on the 1st day of the month the latest.
I'm a simple minimalist guy who can get along with the most of people easily. For further information, my references may inform you better than what I burble here.
If you happen to be my guest through Airbnb, you'll have your private room and additionally an opportunity to meet with a quality collection of people who are my friends, friends of friends, CSers, Airbnbers as your co-visitors.
You will be completely independent during your stay and explore the city on your own. I might have some leisure time in the evenings to spend some time together with you. But unfortunately my very demanding residency program in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care restricts me a lot. If your arrival date is coincide with one of my 36-hour shifts, you'll be asked to check in a day after or before. If you check-in a day before, it will be free of charge. If you check in a day after the concluded date, you will be reimbursed one night fee.
Memo: Even though I do not care about the money and usually offer one of the cheapest accommodations in Istanbul, I do not like to hear that you want to stay at my place only due to the low cost. Thus, if in your inquiry you refer anything about your desire to crash a super cheap place, you will be turned down curtly. Once I was a budget-traveler as well and I know how it feels. That's also why I come up with those special discount offers that you pay even lower than a local student staying in the similar conditions. Another reason for me to keep the rent as low as possible to avoid having landlord-tenant relationship instead of becoming good friends. I hope it is gonna be appreciated :)
Another reasons to be rejected:
- Irrelevant or blurry profile picture
- Empty profile description
- Lack of phone number verification
- Lack of fcb00k verification(particularly for Mediterraneans and Americans)