About this listing
We are normally very quick to respond to any questions so feel free to ask :however the calendar is up to date, you can use the book now button to calculate price.
Do read our house rules just to be sure you agree with them :)
After multitudes of Airbnb guests have passed through our places, more than 500 nearly all POSITIVE REVIEWS we would like to imagine we are beginning to be experienced hosts. There is easy transport to and from the airport, authentic apartments and last but not least GREAT VALUE accommodation in the SMACK BANG CENTRE of BARCELONA!!!!!
What we offer:
There is also clean towels, sheets and a fan (Barcelona is hot during
(toilet paper, soap, towels, tea, coffee and cereal in the kitchen)
There is a kitchen available for guest use if you don't want to eat out with access to fridge etc.
We have two cleaners, Mariom and Cathy who also host for us when we travel. They are great and know Barcelona very well, they come to clean every day for a few hours in the morning.
About the room:
- There are two balconies in your room, great for sitting on and relaxing/ reading a book and having breakfast...
- There is a dining table, which is also a great space to use your laptop or write a diary
- A comfortable double bed
- A fan for the summer and a heater for the winter
- Plenty of wardrobe space
- The room is very spacious (30m2 just for you!)
-The biggest plus about this room is that it is QUIET, no city life or traffic noise gets in though we cannot guarantee will always be quiet after years and years its safe to say it is a quiet space.
- Second biggest plus is the location, you will save money on not having to pay for transport to get around to see the sights...!)
- There is a newly installed beautiful bathroom just for you with a large shower...
About the Price:
There are different prices according the the season but these factors do not change;
-15 euro per night for any extra people
-Children under 3 are free
About the location:
The apartment is located in the centre of Barcelona in the 1st District “ La Ciutat Vella”, it is in the heart of the Gothic quarter next to "Plaza Reial" with lanterns by Gaudi and a step away from The Famous pedestrian boulevard " The Ramblas" (The main street in Barcelona) with Gaudi's building "Palau Guell" 1 Min away. We are situated close to most of the well-known tourist attractions.
The apartment is on a famous street with its old restaurants and Catalan Tapas bars. There is also ‘’Plaza St. George Orwell’ (locally known as “Plaza Tripi"), all around the corner. The nearby streets contain many of the city's most emblematic buildings.
The narrow, winding streets create quite a labyrinth meaning it can take a while to get one's bearings! I recommend that you should always look up and around in case of missing some of the nicest sites. The Gothic quarter has plenty of peaceful squares (plazas) where you can relax and enjoy your surroundings.
Transport is easily accessible in this part of town (metro, taxi, bus). However this quarter is relatively small and most of the city’s attractions are a walk away distance.
(Note there is a late check in fee)
Flow has lived here for many years, his Grandmother being Catalan. Flow and I met here in Barcelona years ago when we studied theatre and happily decided to continue on our Barcelona adventure. Between us speak Spanish, French and English :)
For any further information please contact us - we will be willing to help in any way possible!
Flow and Anu:)
Guests have access to their own large private balcony. The room is super sunny and usually quiet (though from time to time there may be neighbour noise). We provide clean sheets, towels, blankets, fan for the summer, heating during the winter etc. Guests have free access to use the kitchen. The room itself is large (40 m2) with a sitting area, eating area, Wi Fi, bathroom and double bed. There is a fold out sofa double bed and another optional single bed if needed. It is clean, cosy and the location is amazing.
Interaction with Guests
Depending on our schedule we come in and out of the flat to mix with our guests. We travel a lot but we always have a good group of people who help us out with the cleaning and check in's. Over the years we have made amazing connections with guests and have continued the friendship well after they have gone. We love to welcome people in and show off the Barcelona lifestyle when we can...
We love Barcelona that is why we are still here. We renovate old buildings trying to keep their authentic charm and in doing so begun a journey to discover the old secrets of this Gothic quarter.
In this neighbourhood you can find everything from museums to restaurants, parks, beautiful shops, churches, cave-like bars all hidden in the labyrinth of little streets stretching out from the front door.
The beach is great in summer and the night life buzzes all around in the evening.
We love the food, the people, the craziness, the languages and the ease in which can travel to and from Barcelona.
Visitors should take note of the different neighbourhoods like the Borne, Raval and of course the Gothic quarter. The street music near the Cathedral, the hidden Plaza of Sant Felip Neri, Passeig del Borne, Barceloneta and the beaches. Drink lots of coffee of the plaza's and people watch during the day. Hotel Neri's roof top for a glass of wine at night. The flea market early Sunday morning on Plaza Reial, or the second hand market at Enants near Metro Glories...
Although one can walk to nearly everywhere there is public transport very close by:
Metro green line is one minute walk away -
'Liceu' on the green line
'Drassanes' on the green line
5 minutes walk away yellow line
Bus 59 and 14 at the end of the street (less than one minute walk)
Taxi's are also at the end of the street
Other Things to Note
Check out time is between 11 - 11:30 am
Check in time is after 15:00 but in general we can check you in from 12 noon to leave your luggage and pick up keys with no problem
- if you are going to store your luggage in the flat after check out please remember you are responsible for leaving back the keys in the letterbox. They cost 50 euro to replace so do make sure you are careful...
- Do not ring our neighbours door bell please under any circumstance (unless there is an emergency) our door bell is given to you upon booking and if no one is there please call us via phone.
- We require a few days notice of your arrival time and estimated check in time. If you leave this to the last minute we may not be as flexible to check you in.
- We have a late check in fee of 15 euro for check in´s after 22:30 and 20 euro after 00:30)
- if you are over an hour late for your check in without getting in touch with us there is a 10 euro rescheduling fee.
- If you discover you are going to arrive later than you thought please inform us, we may not be able to wait for you.
- Smoking is only permitted on the balconies, there are two balconies accessible from this room (one in the kitchen and on in the room)
- Rubbish can only be thrown outside the apartment in the street between 8pm - 11 pm (rubbish collection times)
- We have a no noise policy after 21:30. Please keep noise to a minimal especially late at night/ early in the morning to respect the sleep of others.
- Only consume what you put in the fridge!
- Usually the there are 3 keys we give you on arrival should they get lost or you forget to give them back it is 50 euro to replace.
& last but not least:
- Although we do have a cleaner who comes once a day to clean the apartment we ask that guests leave the bathroom, shower and kitchen as they found it.
- We reserve the right to terminate a reservation if our house rules are not respected with no refund so please take note of our house rules before making a reservation!
Thank you in advance :)
About the Host, Nina
Great to meet you!
We live in the beautiful Barcelona and we have discovered the joy of hosting people coming to Barcelona and sharing our experience of the city. We rent several apartments in the old historical centre of the city, and for those on a budget we also have rooms to rent. We offer a personal insight into the city!
The things we love about Barcelona? Sunshine, music, food, the ever creative, moving energy of the people and sitting having coffee in the hidden plaza´s...
Hasta Luego, see you soon :)