This Listing is for a double room. For other room types see our other listings.
We offer you a choice of rooms with en-suite or private bathroom. The main aspect of the house offers an idyllic rural view. Outside the house, a track leads into Wareham Forest.
Oakside is 4 miles west of Poole and 3 miles north of the Saxon walled town of Wareham. It's blessed with a lovely rural setting that's insulated from the hubbub of the 21st century; yet it's only minutes from the convenience of modern shopping in Poole and Bournemouth and the main rail and road links to the rest of the UK.
We are in the historic Wessex region of England, with its thatched cottages, which features in the novels of Thomas Hardy.
We provide peaceful and comfortable surroundings where you can relax and enjoy your visit to this attractive area.
• King-size double bedded room with en-suite, or standard double bedroom with view over rural landscape
• Single bedroom for single traveller or additionally available for a group or family. (Blackout blinds in all bedrooms.)
• Private modern bathroom with washbasin, toilet and spacious, enclosed glazed shower over bath (next to both bedrooms)
• Open-plan dining area with lovely view through large windows
• Freeview TV in all rooms, free wi-fi and tea & coffee facilities
• Ceramic-tiled floors throughout — ideal for allergy sufferers
• All rooms are ground-floor accessible
• Non-smoking throughout
• We regret that Oakside isn't suitable for toddlers and babies
• Sorry, but we can't accept your pets
• Ruth can communicate in BSL — a warm welcome awaits our Deaf visitors
• Birdlife-friendly cottage-style garden with stone patio
• Breakfast can be taken into the garden on warm days
• Parking for cars in the farm lane
• Lovely wooded view beyond the adjacent horse fields
• Extensive wild walk trails and bird-rich woodlands 0.25 mile
• Heathland with abundant Deer (Sika as well as Fallow) and numerous bird species 0.25 mile
• World's second-largest natural harbour with many water sport activities 2.5 miles
Ruth is a great host. The room was cozy and perfect. Facilities clean and tidy. Ruth was very welcoming and helpful. It was a pleasant stay.
We had a lovel stay at Ruth's. Gorgeous breakfast. The room is a bit small, but Ruth and her husband were very nice and welcoming.
It's true, the Double room is a small room and we feel our tarif takes this into account. Guests have use of the sitting room which we hope compensâtes a little. I do let guests know that the room is small to be sure they are happy before I accept their reservation. We do also have a larger room with King size bed and ensuite.
We liked Ruth's set up very much and both she and Mat were great hosts. Ruth is very professional with an eye for detail and good at catering for travellers. She made us feel very welcome. To sum up staying at their very nice place was a most enjoyable experience. We would definitely recommend staying at this peaceful location.
A great host and an excellent breakfast.
The house was beautiful, and the room was nice and clean as described. The hosts were so nice. They gave us lovely welcome tea and cakes, with a lot of travel guides.
Can't recommend Ruth and her B&B highly enough! She goes to great lengths to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It is worth visiting Wareham just for her breakfast and baking!
We stayed two nights at this B&B with these very friendly hosts. Tea and cake upon arrival, even though it was late! We had a nice quiet night with woodpecker sightings and a scrumptious breakfast in the morning- all to be repeated the next morning.
Our walking weekend was blessed with fantastic weather, and made the spectacular sights between Swyre Head and Lulworth all the more beautiful- it was nice enough even for the first picnic of the year...
The BnB is between Poole and Wareham. There is much to see in the surrounding area and the hosts are warm and hospitable and very friendly. Breakfast was delicious, with home-made baguettes, croissants and the regular parts of a full English breakfast.
Formidable séjour. Ruth et Patricia sont adorables. Accueil excellent. Parc de pleine nature à proximité. Région (qu'ils connaissent comme leur poche) que nous aurions aimé avoir plus le temps de visiter. Hope we'll come back !
We love England !
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT