About this listing
This Listing is for a double room. For other room types see our other listings.
We offer you a choice of rooms with en-suite or private bathroom. The main aspect of the house offers an idyllic rural view. Outside the house, a track leads into Wareham Forest.
Oakside is 4 miles west of Poole and 3 miles north of the Saxon walled town of Wareham. It's blessed with a lovely rural setting that's insulated from the hubbub of the 21st century; yet it's only minutes from the convenience of modern shopping in Poole and Bournemouth and the main rail and road links to the rest of the UK.
We are in the historic Wessex region of England, with its thatched cottages, which features in the novels of Thomas Hardy.
We provide peaceful and comfortable surroundings where you can relax and enjoy your visit to this attractive area.
• King-size double bedded room with en-suite, or standard double bedroom with view over rural landscape
• Single bedroom for single traveller or additionally available for a group or family. (Blackout blinds in all bedrooms.)
• Private modern bathroom with washbasin, toilet and spacious, enclosed glazed shower over bath (next to both bedrooms)
• Open-plan dining area with lovely view through large windows
• Freeview TV in all rooms, free wi-fi and tea & coffee facilities
• Ceramic-tiled floors throughout — ideal for allergy sufferers
• All rooms are ground-floor accessible
• Non-smoking throughout
• We regret that Oakside isn't suitable for toddlers and babies
• Sorry, but we can't accept your pets
• Ruth can communicate in BSL — a warm welcome awaits our Deaf visitors
• Birdlife-friendly cottage-style garden with stone patio
• Breakfast can be taken into the garden on warm days
• Parking for cars in the farm lane
• Lovely wooded view beyond the adjacent horse fields
• Extensive wild walk trails and bird-rich woodlands 0.25 mile
• Heathland with abundant Deer (Sika as well as Fallow) and numerous bird species 0.25 mile
• World's second-largest natural harbour with many water sport activities 2.5 miles