About This Listing
This Listing is for a double room. For other room types see our other listings.
We offer you a choice of rooms with en-suite or private bathroom. The main aspect of the house offers an idyllic rural view. Outside the house, a track leads into Wareham Forest.
Oakside is 4 miles west of Poole and 3 miles north of the Saxon walled town of Wareham. It's blessed with a lovely rural setting that's insulated from the hubbub of the 21st century; yet it's only minutes from the convenience of modern shopping in Poole and Bournemouth and the main rail and road links to the rest of the UK.
We are in the historic Wessex region of England, with its thatched cottages, which features in the novels of Thomas Hardy.
We provide peaceful and comfortable surroundings where you can relax and enjoy your visit to this attractive area.
• King-size double bedded room with en-suite, or standard double bedroom with view over rural landscape
• Single bedroom for single traveller or additionally available for a group or family. (Blackout blinds in all bedrooms.)
• Private modern bathroom with washbasin, toilet and spacious, enclosed glazed shower over bath (next to both bedrooms)
• Open-plan dining area with lovely view through large windows
• Freeview TV in all rooms, free wi-fi and tea & coffee facilities
• Ceramic-tiled floors throughout — ideal for allergy sufferers
• All rooms are ground-floor accessible
• Non-smoking throughout
• We regret that Oakside isn't suitable for toddlers and babies
• Sorry, but we can't accept your pets
• Ruth can communicate in BSL — a warm welcome awaits our Deaf visitors
• Birdlife-friendly cottage-style garden with stone patio
• Breakfast can be taken into the garden on warm days
• Parking for cars in the farm lane
• Lovely wooded view beyond the adjacent horse fields
• Extensive wild walk trails and bird-rich woodlands 0.25 mile
• Heathland with abundant Deer (Sika as well as Fallow) and numerous bird species 0.25 mile
• World's second-largest natural harbour with many water sport activities 2.5 miles
We had a very lovely relaxing stay. Comfortable and clean. A warm welcome with beautiful tea and cake. Beautiful surroundings and a lovely view to enjoy whilst eating a delicious cooked breakfast. Our hosts provided us with local information that aided our visit and as we were celebrating our birthdays provided lovely little touches to make our weekend extra special. We will come again and highly recommend!
Ruth and Mark are excellent hosts and made us feel very welcome for our short stay. The small double is very comfortable and spotless, as is the bathroom. The rooms are equipped with everything that is necessary with some lovely finishing touches. Breakfast was delicious and in a room with a lovely view and peaceful setting. Thank you both.
Ruth and Mark could not have been more welcoming, even though I arrived on the wrong day ( completely my fault.) The double room is very comfortable, I had a fabulous nights sleep, so quiet, so dark! The huge sitting room is really comfortable too, lovely not to have to squirrel away in your bedroom. Lots of lovely friendly touches to make you feel at home. Breakfast was completely delicious and very, very generous.
We felt very welcome, the place was lovely and clean, cozy and comfortable, exactly as described. We were very happy with our choice and the breakfast was very nice indeed. A very traditional feel to the place. We would definitely go again.
I'm delighted you enjoyed the birds, we've had a buzzard on the field today and the Great Spotted Woodpeckers are regular visitors. Sadly, I picked up a stunned chiffchaff yesterday after it flew into the sittingroom window.
You'll be most welcome anytime you are coming this way again! Best wishes, Ruth
Ruth and Mark were very welcoming. Lovely breakfast. Nice room. The whole place was spotlessly clean and very pleasant.
Ruth & Mark were both very hospitable & very welcoming. Ruth gave us some tasty homemade cake on arrival. Our room was small but cosy (and to be fair this is reflected in a lower price for the small double, so very reasonable). The room still provided all home comforts and the adjoining bathroom was modern with a full power shower and large bathtub. We especially enjoyed the breakfast - fit for a king!!! (home made bread & jams, full english, but cooked healthy) - it was just what we needed prior to taking part in our adventure race! p.s. each day, home made biscuits were left in our room, nice touch!
Ruth gave us good directions and we found her B&B easily. We were welcomed with tea and cake and she asked when we would like breakfast served.
We had the small double with shared bathroom, both of which were spotlessly clean. The room is quite small but fine for a quick stopover. Breakfast was pleasant and it was nice to have a chat with Ruth and the other guests. We were happy with our stay.
This host has 28 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ruth
I am conscientious and dedicated to making a stay at our B&B a memorable moment to enjoy.
We love France and food - these two things go naturally together! I hope my love of food comes through in my breakfasts, my homemade bread, and cookies made for the hospitality trays.
My principle is to host others as I would like to be hosted myself.