About this listing
This modern loft is centrally located in The Mission district, a thriving area for culture, restaurants and nightlife. The bedroom is in the back area of the loft so it's very quiet at night. Easy access to all major transportation lines!
San Francisco Short-term residential rental registration number STR-0001192.
Possession of a San Francisco Short-Term Rental Registration Certificate certifies that the registration certificate holder has agreed to comply with the term of the San Francisco Short-Term Residential Rental Ordinance (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 41A). This ordinance does not require an inspection of the unit by the City for potential Building, Housing, Fire, and other Code violations.
I look forward to sharing one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the city with you, the Mission!
I'll be out of town from Feb 3-26th 2016, so if you're interested in renting my whole space, which includes another room and a bathroom, please let met know.
I listed it as a "Private" room because it's in a separate floor from my bedroom but it's in an "Open" area in a loft space near the front door. There is a curtain that separates the guest area from the open space though (Not in photos yet) so you'll have your privacy if you need it. There are 2 beds, one is a trundle so it pops out from underneath the bed shown in the picture and will be around 2-3 feet away from the main bed once rolled out. Both mattresses are twin size. My bedroom is on a separate floor with a bedroom door that I close. I am very considerate about ensuring you have privacy.
Before sending me a request, please make sure you have at least 3 verifications on your profile as well as having a clear profile photo of yourself and a full description of yourself. You are staying in my house so for security reasons I need to make sure that everything is filled out before I will accept you. If there are others with you, please tell me about them as well.
- Elevator in building so no need climb up any stairs with your suitcase(s) and belongings.
- For guests over 2, I have a queen size Air mattress, a twin size air mattress and a couch that can be used as well. These are setup in the living room, which is an open space.
- Wireless internet connection. If you bring your laptop or phone, it will be available for your use.
- Cable TV, Apple TV with Netflix and Xbox 360 with Kinect sensor.
- Private Shower and Bath, separate from the master bedroom. I have a bunch of stuff including shampoo, conditioner, soap, body lotion, hairdryer and a curling iron that you are free to use. I also have towels and always cleaned before you arrive.
- You can use the kitchen, including refrigerator and freezer (with ice-maker) if needed.
- Filtered water provided by filter in the refrigerator.
- No smoking, shoes or pets allowed in my house. No exceptions.
- There's a roof deck which has a pretty cool view. You can go up there but just don't make a lot of noise because it's close to the apartments in the building.
- I will provide one free drink (Beer or other beverage) upon arrival. If you need milk for coffee or OJ in the morning, please let me know before arriving. I will supply some fresh coffee and show you how to make it if I'm not around.
- Acoustic guitar on premises if you'd like to practice.
Clean Blankets/sheets/pillow/towels will be supplied.
If you have a car, there's ample street parking around my house. Sometimes it might take a few min to find a space though. Please read the parking signs as well so you don't get ticketed. There are no meters so you don't have to worry about going out every hour and feeding the meter.
For safety reasons, if you park your car on the street, please remember not to leave anything in the car of value.
I look forward to making your trip to San Francisco a memorable one!
You will have access to the bedroom in the front of the apartment, the kitchen and the living room which includes a 55-inch flat screen TV with surround sound, which has Apple TV, Cable and an XBox 360 game console.
Interaction with Guests
I will give you as much privacy as needed. I will be in the home during your stay but I will be on the 2nd floor. My bedroom has a door that closes as well.
My apartment is in the Mission district which is about a 10 minute walk to Valencia and Mission street where there's a bunch of shops and places to eat. Also I'm 4 blocks from 24th street where there's a lot of restaurants, cafe's, shops and bars. There is a cafe called Atlas which is a block from my house that has lunch, bagels with eggs and good coffee, as well as The American Grilled cheese on the corner which has breakfast, lunch and dinner. There's also Mission Cliffs, a climbing gym which is 1 block away.
A very short BART ride gets you to other great parts of the city (door to door 10-20 minutes) including the Moscone Center, Union Square, the Embarcadero, Chinatown, North Beach and we are walking distance (20-30 min) to Noe Valley, the Castro and Hayes Valley. Very easy bus or MUNI (train) connections will get you to the Haight/Ashbury, Golden Gate Park, and Fisherman's Wharf in about 30 minutes. However, San Francisco is a small city and the greatest way to appreciate it is on foot!
My loft is located within easy walking distance to a ton of great restaurants and bars. The list is so long, but I'll be happy to leave a guide to all the best spots. It is also only about a 10 minute walk to the closest bart (subway) station.
Just a sampler of great stuff within walking distance:
*Flour+Water (across the street) always a wait but a highly acclaimed Italian. Great for late night meals!
*American Grilled Cheese Kitchen (awesome sandwiches!) right on the corner.
*Atlas Cafe - Awesome cafe 1 block away with WiFi, great coffee, sandwiches, salads and outdoor seating.
*Trick Dog - (A block away) Artisanal cocktails in an amazing setting. Their signature drinks are classics with a modern spin, featuring ingredients like house-made bitters, olive-oil-infused Boker gin and Tempus Fugit quinquina. I highly recommend it.
*Schmidt's - Modern German food- very good and great beers too. Also great brunch on the weekends.
*Salumeria (1 block away) fancy sandwiches, outdoor seating
* Humphrey Slocombe (5 min walk) Awesome ice cream. Love in a cup :)
*Homestead (2 blocks) good local bar, not pretentious
*Wise Sons (5 min) Incredible Jewish deli on the pricey side.
*Slow Club (5 min) great burgers + brunch
*Valencia Street corridor restaurants and shops (10 min walk)
*Ritual (10 min walk) great coffee shop to work in. No plugs though.
*Monument (15 min) high end, mid-century furnishings
*La Taqueria (15 min) by far the best burrito in San Francisco
*Tartine Bakery (15 min) the best bread and pastries
*Four Barrel (15 min) Great coffee, Hipsters and bikes galore.
*Dolores Park (15 min) great city views and plenty of space for a picnic. Great for people watching too.
I'm about a $35 cab ride from SF (SFO) airport (about a 20 minute drive)
I'm only 1 block from a bus (12) that can take you downtown. Also convenient to the 9, 14, 22 and 33 lines.
Other Things to Note
I would love to help you with tourist info. I know a lot of great spots in the city for food (since I am a foodie) and other stuff and if I have time I'd love to show you around!
I'm happy to have you as my guest!
My place is non-smoking. If you need to smoke please go outside to the front of the building. Thanks so much for your understanding. My house is a no shoes zone so please do not wear your shoes inside my house.
- Clean up after yourself in the bathroom and kitchen Please make yours a gentle footprint.
- Lock the front door when entering and exiting (including dead-bolt each time)
- Remove your shoes when entering
- No smoking
- Be respectful of other guests
- Keep noise down after 10:00 p.m.
- No loud noises or parties.
- Don't overload the washer and dryer
- Label your food in the kitchen if you need to store it
- Feel free to ask for help when needed
...Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, and have a wonderful stay in my city! - Mitch
I grew up on the east coast and have been in San Francisco for 12 years. I have a passion for photography, music, traveling, great food and restaurants, humor, spending time with friends and family and enjoying life. I'm drummer, musician and photographer at heart. I've also lived in Dallas for a short time before I moved to SF. I enjoy live concerts including Rock, Salsa and Latin music, Jazz, African and various types of ethnic genres. I enjoy having people visit me and showing them around. I'm an avid traveler and try to get out of the country at least once a year. I also love having people over and having dinner parties with my friends. I've been doing a lot of biking lately and enjoy biking around SF.
I love the opportunity that AirBNB gives me because I love meeting new people and creating new friendships. I enjoy hosting as much as I enjoy staying with other AirBNB hosts which I have done many times already.