About This Listing
Everything you need
Why pay for a hotel when you can enjoy country living with only a 10 minute walk to town.
• Modern and clean with many amenities in a great and private location. Built in 2009 with thick walls and tall ceilings: cool in the summer/warm in the winter.
• Our guest often mention how fast our High Speed Internet is
• Plenty of parking on property near private entrance
• Rent includes: rocket fast high-speed cable wi-fi & eathernet direct, NID water, electricity, trash, and cast iron stove for heat
• Owners live in main house, separated by 3-car garage from unit
• Under 25 lbs. pet negotiable
• Furnished: comfy queen size bed, small desk in the bedroom and wardrobe, futon for the sofa/bed in the living room, new washer & dryer. Kitchen has a microwave, small coffee pot, stove/oven, refrigerator, lots of storage space.
• TV, linen and blankets, towels and kitchen items.
• 500 sq. ft. apartment
• DRIVE VERY SLOW on the dirt road to our house because of children, dust, the occasional geese family and neighbors might complain
• Leave it the way you found it
• Have trash/recyclables ready for us to deliver early Tuesday mornings
• Inform us immediately if anything breaks or gets damaged so we can fix it
• If you have any suggestions or requests, please be open to sharing and communicating with us
• Suggestions are welcome
• Enjoy your stay!
Tisha was VERY helpful and easy to get along with. The place was even better than it looked in the pictures. They aren't kidding when they say quiet! Far enough from any major roads that you very rarely hear a car at all. Great setup for cooking, comfortable memory foam bed, and a cozy living room with a gas stove for heat.
Only things to remember are that it takes a while to heat up the whole place with the gas stove, and the hot water can be a little slow and unpredictable (most noticeable in the shower). Tisha was very eager to help with any questions or issues we had.
Overall, great deal.
My partner and I stayed at Tisha and Jamal's for several days over the holidays while visiting family in town. Their place was private, perfectly appointed, cozy, sweet...everything we needed, and a welcome respite from the bustle and busy-ness of the season. The gas stove was warm and homey, the kitchen was well-equipped for being able to prepare some of our own food, and having a washer/ dryer really sold the deal. We came and went so much that we actually never ran into Tisha and Jamal until the last day when they brought some extra supplies for us. The whole experience felt super private, and also welcome--they made themselves wholly available for us should we need anything at all. We definitely plan on staying again!
I love Tisha and Jemal! They are there when you need anything and always making sure that your stay is great! They are very respectful and considerate of your privacy but at the same time can be great company! Jemal works on interesting car projects and will take you on a fun night ride around town in one of his unique project cars if he has the time! Love the area, love the studio apartment, love the hosts! Try it and you won't be disappointed! Worth the money for comfort and enjoyment :)
If you want to hangout with locals, get free wifi and a good cup of coffee this is the place. (website hidden)Commercial Street Nevada City CA 95959-2506
A festive dining and lounge experience in the evenings since 1973. Friar Tuck’s features a friendly fun staff, live music nightly, and many flavors for fine dinning or grazing. (website hidden)North Pine Street Nevada City CA 95959-2511
Music in the Mountains presents concerts and events in the California Gold Country (website hidden)Searls Ave # B Nevada City CA 95959-3048
One of the smallest and most charming movie theaters in the Western United States, the 62 seat theater has great films and quality presentation. http://(email hidden)/Argall Way Nevada City CA 95959-3001
Promoting Cultural Diversity through Multicultural Theater, Events, and Workshops in Western Nevada County. http://(email hidden)/Sierra College Dr # 100 Grass Valley CA 95945-5088
Several guests have stayed with us while participating at The California College of Ayurvedai (CCA). CCA is the premier educator for individuals seeking to make a difference in the world.East Main Street Grass Valley CA 95945
One of Grass Valley’s most recognized landmarks established on this site in 1851. This is a nice place to get some good food, often live music and a full bar with friendly people, maybe even a ghost.W. Main Street Grass Valley CA 95945
A cultural and educational organization that promotes and presents the literary, visual, performing arts for the enrichment of our community. (website hidden)W Main St Grass Valley CA 95945
Heres a good place to get info. on Nevada City and a link to the events calendar: (website hidden)Neal Street Grass Valley CA 95945