About this listing
Calabria is the heart of the Mezzogiorno (the Italian for 'midday' the phrase refers to the baking sunshine in which the region basks), and you'll know it as the toe of Italy. This is the region that 'kicks' Sicily in the Mediterranean Sea.
Calabria is also a region of remarkable beauty, with a long history dating back to its role at the heart of Magna Graecia (Greater Greece) in Classical antiquity; indeed far earlier than that. Explore its valleys on your Calabria vacation and you discover a culture apparently untouched by recent centuries.
THE VILLA AND THE APARTMENTS
The villa is located in Sellia Marina, on the Ionic coast of Calabria region, in the south of Italy at 40 Km from Crotone, the main city of the Magna Grecia, and approximately 60 Km from Lamezia Terme airport. The nearest train station is 4 km far (Cropani station). The grocery is 2.5 km far.
There is a large garden (800 square meters) and 5 parking spaces it is located at only
200 meters from the seaside, one of the widest (6,000 sqm) and most beautiful sandy beaches in Calabria.
The villa is made up of four indipendent apartment suitable for two to 9 people (floor space from 15 to 100 sqare meters), free use of kitchen and washing machine.
The apartments are clean and have a basic furnishings.
All guests are provided with free vegetable products and fruits, according to the production of the kitchen garden.
It is recommended to rent a car at the airoprt to reach the place and to have the chance to explore the wonders of nearby places as well as to shop around the typical and genuine food of Calabrian tradition (eg.: salami, ham, etc.).
All guest can have for free:
- a welcome present (an handmade gastronomic product)
fruit and vegetables according to the availability of the kitchen garden production (e.g. prikly pear, grapes, salad, chestnut, herbs, black cherry, lemons)
- one or more beach umbrella
With an additional fee of 3 Euro/day:
- mountain bike
1. Guests will take care of the cleaning of the apartment during the stay
2. Guests are requested to keep the room tidy before living
3. Overnight visitors are not permitted.
4. Please keep the volume down on any television, radio, audio system or musical instrument during the rest hours (from 2 to 4 pm and during the night after 11 pm).
5. Guests are asked not to move, remove, or change furniture, pictures, wall hangings or other room decoration without the consent of the owners.
I was born and raised in Calabria (South Italy), now I live in Rome since 2004.
I love travelling and exploring the planet.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.