About this listing
Enjoy our cute place located between 15th and 16th Avenue which is very close to Tauranga Hospital. The studio is equipped with everything you could need for a short or long stay in Tauranga. Ideal for couples or families with kids.
Enjoy the privacy of our vintage style self-contained holiday accomodation including kitchen, bedroom, lounge, bathroom and laundry area with a separate outdoor patio. The accomodation is funky and functional, a perfect little space for your Tauranga stay! Free WIFI.
We provide tea, coffee, breakfast cereals & basic toiletries. Clean linens and towels are also provided. You have access to a washing machine so you can wash your clothes.
Double bed in the bedroom (extra bed is available if required).
Please note: there is no door between the bedroom and the lounge!
**Kitchen facilities** fridge-freezer, microwave, electric oven with 2 hot plates, toaster, kettle, egg cooker, mixer, rice cooker, etc.
There is off street parking for 1 car.
As our guests you have private access directly to your unit.
Interaction with Guests
We will meet you on arrival and be available if you have questions or need help planning things to do. We speak English, German, Italian and Hungarian and are more than happy to give you advice for exploring the Bay. Otherwise we leave you alone to enjoy our lovely city.
- Shopping centre (602 Cameron Road): Countdown Supermarket, Burger Fuel, Pita Pit, Domino's, Subway, etc.
- Wild Earth Organics (777 Cameron Road): offers a full range of organic products, fresh fruits/vegetables and a Café. The vegetarian cafe specialises in organic, vegan and gluten-free food. The Café offers hot drinks, juices, salads, slices, smoothies, raw cakes, etc.
- Memorial Park (Devenport Road/11th Ave): playground, skate ramp, free barbeques, swimming pool, minigolf, etc.
- Waikareao Estuary: 9km loop track ideal for walking and cycling. All ages and abilities can enjoy the flat winding boardwalks. Walking Time (complete loop): 2 hours.
- Historic Village (17th Ave): collection of original and replica buildings from early Tauranga set in gorgeous gardens and natural bush surrounds.
The Historic Village grounds are open 7 days a week. Entry is FREE.
- 16th Ave Theatre: non-profit charitable society run by dedicated volunteers since 1936, and so claims a place as one of the oldest continuously operating drama groups within New Zealand.
- Westside Theatre (17th Ave): Tauranga's musical theatre
- Baycourt Community & Arts Centre (38 Durham Street): Located in the heart of Tauranga Baycourt is Tauranga's premier performing arts facility. It is extensively used by local, regional, national and international performances and exhibitions.
- Mount Hot Pools (9 Adams Ave): Soak, Relax and Unwind. As far back as 500BC, Hippocrates recognised the benefits of warmed seawater for its ability to rebalance and detoxify our bodies. Salt water bathing was believed to improve mobility by easing muscle and joint inflammation, and general aches and pains. Open every day 8am-10pm.
- Waimarino Adventure Park: tranquil paradise situated on the banks of the Wairoa River just 10 minutes from Tauranga city. The adventure park is focused around the sport of kayaking offering a number of unique & enjoyable glow-worm kayak tours.
- Dolphin Seafaris offer both free swimming encounters with dolphins as well as safe swim bars to hold on to while in the water. Trips (EMAIL HIDDEN) from: Berth D1, Tauranga Bridge Marina (right by main Tauranga harbour bridge) 101 Te Awanui Drive Mt Maunganui.
- Fishing Trips: Full day and overnight fishing trips for Marlin, Tuna, Sword Fish and Shark can be arranged. Charters departing from Tauranga and Mt. Wanganui.
- Mills Reef Winery (143 Moffat Road, Bethlehem): the winery is located on 20 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in a semi-rural setting, just 5 minutes drive from Tauranga's CBD. The complex boasts full winemaking and bottling facilities, two underground barrel cellars, an aged wine cellar, and spacious wine tasting areas. An award winning 150 seat restaurant is providing a wonderful ambience for a-la-carte dining.
3 minutes walk to the bus (Route 1, 2, 59). Buses will take you to Mount Maunganui, Bayfair shopping and down town Tauranga. From downtown Tauranga the Information Centre will advise of tours in the wider Bay of Plenty.
10-15 minutes drive to Mount Maunganui: beach, harbour, hot pools.
Other Things to Note
We live in a friendly and safe neighbourhood.
Our home is set back from the street, so you won't be disturbed by street noise.
Non smoking - allowed outdoors with disposal of butts
No pets are allowed
No parties or large group gatherings
Check in after 4.00pm. Check out by 11.00am