4 bedroom house (4th bed in yoga studio) on edge of Dartmoor, warm, peaceful & quiet, full of light, views and great books. Near Buckfast Abbey.
Beaches, rivers, woods and dartmoor nature walks nearby. Restaurants, cafe, organic shop & supermarket 5 min. walk.
Comfortable and warm space, for family or group of friends. Feel instantly at home, decorated tastefully, with country chic light kitchen, lounge with garden views and wood burner, exposed wood on second floor. Central heated throughout main house. Upstairs: Three bedrooms - two with queen beds and one with king size bed (fourth bedroom is in the garden studio- w/small double). Bathroom with bath and shower over bath. Downstairs: Kitchen, living room, entrance porch and downstairs WC. The main house has central heating, and wood burner in living room. The garden studio has heater and wood burner, single or double bed, and views of green hills.
You have access to the house communal spaces and bedrooms booked. The garden studio will locked, unless needed as additional bedroom for group, or requested. Please note our things will remain in house, as this is our main home. You will have countertop/dresser top space in bedrooms, with hangers on hooks behind bedroom doors. We will leave free shelves for you in the fridge and space in freezer. Feel free to use the spices, teas and to pick fresh berries and salad leaves from the garden.
Interaction with guests
We are not normally around when you are here, however can be reached on email/phone.
Other things to note
There is a wood for the wood burners at the end of the garden.
Do not worry if you see my elderly neighbours walking to their back door behind the house, as this is a shared path.
1. No smoking in the house, only outdoors. pls put butts straight in the big black bin in car park.
2. No noise outdoors after 10pm (not suitable for parties).
3. Keep wooden kitchen counters around sink dry to avoid staining, use tea towels provided.
4. Back door is 'tilt & slide' mechanism- to open it follow instructions on handle. DO NOT FORCE the door to open or close ever. Instructions are easy to follow, or if in doubt just use the front door : )
5. I am allergic to cats - please don't bring anything into the house that has cat hair on it (such as a blanket etc.).
6. Turn electric heating off when not in use.
7. Please leave clean and tidy & at end remove bedding and leave with towel. Thanks!
This host has 68 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
After years of living in Asia I wanted to live close to nature and settled in a small Devon countryside town in UK, where I live with my daughter. I help people build healthier and more caring lives through my business, Karuna Detox, a health fast detox retreat, where I teach yoga, meditation, healthy lifestyle and nutrition.
I enjoy people and places that have heart and are relaxed and real. Peaceful, beautiful, artistic people and places inspire me.