About this listing
I rent a modern double room in my new flat which is very close to the Munich fairground as well as to a beautiful park with a lake and a big shopping center (Riem Arcaden). The room has a high-quality double bed (200 x 200 cm). There is a tile-floor with underfloor heating in the whole apartment. The windows of the guest room have shutters. Free internet access (DSL/WLAN), bathroom for sharing with bath tub and separated shower. 5 min walk to the fairground (east entrance), 5 min walk to the park with lake (swimming is possible in summer), 10 min walk to the shopping center with its restaurants. I speak German, English and Spanish. Bedding, towels, shampoo, shower gel, soap, toilet paper, kleenex tissues as well as information regarding the city, subway maps etc. will be provided. I know Munich and its suburbs very well and can give a lot of insider tips regarding shopping, restaurants etc., please see also my guestbook.
Free parking in the neighborhood, underground parking on request (fee 8 EUR/day, including 19 % VAT.
All prices include VAT.
If you come to my house you will receive keys for your room and the apartment. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom. Furthermore, you can use my iron board and iron. Due to the restrictive laws in Munich (private hosts are only allowed to rent less than 50 percent of their apartment) guests have no access to the kitchen (which is part of a rather big living room). But generally this is no problem, because there are several bakeries, shops, cafés and restaurants in the neighborhood where you can have a rather good and reasonable breakfast.
Interaction with Guests
If I work in Munich I will be also in the apartment during your stay. Sometimes I am on holiday or on business trips when I rent my apartment. In this case you are alone in the apartment. However, there is a representative in Munich and you can always contact me by phone or email when I am not in Munich.
I created a guestbook where you can see all important places close to my house, e. g. shops, places where you can have breakfast, restaurants etc. I especially recommend the beautiful park (Riemer Park) which is very close to my house where you can relax, walk, swim, play beach volley ball etc.
I think my room is perfect for trade fair visitors, because they can walk to the Munich fairground.
But if you are a tourist you are also welcome. You need only approx. 15 minutes to go to the center of the city by subway. On the one hand you can stay in a very quiet region of Munich, where you can relax (e. g. go to the park and walk and swim there) and sleep well and on the other hand you need only 15 minutes to go to the center of the city by subway where you can visit the important sights.
You can walk to the east and west entrance of the fairground and to the International Congress Center. You need only 5 minutes to the east entrance and 12 minutes to the west entrance and the International Congress Center. There is the subway stop U2 Messestadt Ost (4 minutes walk from the house) which brings you in approx. 15 minutes to the center of the city (e. g. Odeonplatz, please change at Innsbrucker Ring to U5) or in 20 minutes to Hauptbahnhof (main station) and Theresienwiese (Oktoberfest). There are special buses during big trade fairs which go directly from the airport to the bus stop Messestadt Ost, which is close to the subway stop Messestadt Ost. If you book my room I send you a detailed description how you arrive by public transportation or car. Parking in the neighborhood is free. But you can rent also a place in the garage for your car (7 EUR/day).
Other Things to Note
Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any questions.
Checkin and delays
It is very important to me to have a personal contact to my guests. I always arrange that I or one of my representatives is present when my guests arrive. The official check in time is 6 pm. If you want to check in later or earlier, I ask you to inform me as soon as possible regarding your desired checkin time. I try to arrange this, however check in before 6 pm sometimes is not possible due to my job. Furthermore, I do not want that somebody has to wait several hours for my guests in my apartment. Therefore, I kindly ask you to inform me about any delays. Thanks. :-)
1. We do not accept third party bookings. The person who wants to stay in the guest room has to book it.
2. If guests have damaged something in the apartment or if they have lost the apartment key they have to pay for it. Therefore, we recommend any guest to contract insurance for these cases.
3. You need your identity card or passport for the check in and you acknowledge with your signature that you will respect the house rules and that you will pay for any damage (including loss of apartment key) caused by you in the apartment.
4. Smoking and animals are not allowed in the whole building.
5. Please take your shoes off before you enter the apartment if it is raining or snowing.
6. Please consider the official so called “Ruhezeiten” in Germany and be quiet in the apartment between 10 pm and 7 am.
7. Please do not take a shower after 10 pm.
8. The use of the Wireless LAN is free of charge. Guests obligate themselves to use the Wirless LAN only for legal activities.
9. Please contact Sonja immediately in emergency cases, when something does not work in the apartment or when you have damaged something.
10. Please lock the door of the apartment two times when you leave the apartment and at night from inside.
11. Please air the guest room at least two times per day (in the morning and in the evening) and open the big window completely for 10 minutes.
12. Please turn off the heating completely when you open the windows.
13. Please close all windows of the guest room completely before you leave the apartment.
14. Please separate waste according to the following rules:
- Paper: Please bring it to the blue container in the “Müllraum”
- Organic waste: Please use the green bags in your room and bring it to the brown container in the “Müllraum”
- Residual waste: Please use the white bags in your room and bring it to the black container in the “Müllraum”
- Plastic bottles are deposit bottles in Germany: Please give them to Sonja or bring them back to the supermarket where you bought them
- Glass: Please give it to Sonja