About this listing
Tropical home less than a kilometer to beach.
Two bedroom 2.5 bathroom home located just up the hill less than 1 kilometer from Montezuma town and beaches, with ocean view, cooling breezes and small pool!! Enjoy view of the ocean from one side and jungle view on the other side. Great place to enjoy nature, listen to howler monkeys, see lots of monkeys, birds, butterflies and humming birds and other wild life!! Lush tropical garden This is a private home with a small care takers cabin next door. Home includes fully equipped kitchen with all cooking utensils, fridge, propane stove/oven, microwave, dishes, silverware, dining table , 2 bedrooms with full sized beds air conditioner in main floor bedroom, and fans in each bedroom, towels and linen & WIFI.
****Please note that this home is not appropriate for small children the second bedroom is only accessible through the garden area and not on the same floor as the first bedroom and the swimming pool has not barrier **************
This is our home from November 1st to April 30th every year and we will only rent for maximum 2 weeks between November 1st to April 30th 2017 *** LONGER STAYS NOT POSSIBLE between these dates** ***********
If you want more than 1 month please book the second month separate booking an we will make a special offer with cleaning costs removed
No smoking inside. No pets allowed
You will have access to the whole house yard and swimming pool.
Interaction with guests
WE are available from October 31st to May 15th
Between November to April we will be available. Best way to reach us is by message through Airbnb.
***Please note that this home is not appropriate for small children the second bedroom is only accessible through the garden area and not on the same floor as the first bedroom and the swimming pool has not barrier
**Please remember you are in Costa Rica a few rules,
** DO NOT throw anything but toilet paper in the toilet ** you will be responsable** for any plumbing problems caused by anything put in toilet. Toilet paper deposed of in plastic lined waste basket.
* To get your deposit back make sure the house is in the condition you found it in and dishes are washed and kitchen is tidied up and trash is taken out.
* Be sure to lock your valuables in the safe room when you leave even jut for a few hours.
* Linen and towels are provided but please do not take our towels to the beach. You will have to either bring or purchase beach towels as we have replaced them many times and they always seen to disappear.
* The hot water is solar so if you would like enough hot water for shower do not run hot water for washing dishes just a quick last hot rinse ( most Costa Ricans do not use hot water to wash dishes)
* Do not leave your electronics plugged into the wall during a storm
* Do not leave the air conditioner on when not at home in fact just open doors and windows and turn on the fan in the evening and the rooms will cool enough with out the air conditioner
* Be careful what you leave on the dining table as the Uracas (the blue birds and the monkeys love to steal fruit, crackers and even small shiny object like keys and will drop them in the jungle never to be found!!
*** Most of all have a blast This is an experience!!
***FOR LONG TERM DISCOUNT RATE MAY 1st TO OCT 31st**
***all of the above plus
* For long term discount rate you will be responsable for pool maintenance (clean out leaves and drop in chlorine pills)
* Make sure propane tanks for cooking are replaced if one empties out please refill it at the Montezuma Super.
***Electricity is VERY expensive, will cover the first $175. ( we use about $150. a month with normal use) of electric bill you will be responsable for any amount over that. Running the air conditioner a lot will generate an electric bill of $250 to $300 a month)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 214 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Our names are Glen and Rose Marie we are a retired couple from Seattle. We have a home in Montezuma and have lived the "pura vida" 6 to 7 months in Costa Rica every year since 2007. We also love the north west US and have our home of 28 years in Seattle in the Fremont neighborhood and a duplex in the Ballard neighborhood as well as well as a townhouse in the James Bay neighborhood of Victoria, BC which we just cannot give up so we have turned them into vacation rentals so we can enjoy them when we are around. Since we have vacation rentals you can be assured that we will treat your place with respect and leave it in clean condition.
I love to garden, cook, travel, getting to know interesting people form all over the world, and also enjoying the beauty of the places were we live! Hope you will enjoy our homes as much as we do!