About this listing
$110 / 3br - beach front house (puerto viejo-punta uva)
Beach Front house, only 50' to beach
Beautiful 3 bedroom beach front house for rent in Punta Uva, 15min south of Puerto Viejo. Full seperate room bath with hot water shower with half bath on ground level, full kitchen with glass doors leading to a deck with awesome views of the garden and the ocean, only 50' away (the closest house to the ocean youll find). The pics are taken from the deck. Directly in front of the house the carrabean provides for some of the best snorkeling, diving, surfing and swimming. You can watch your children play on the beach without leaving the house. Minutes away you can rent kayaks or charter a boat for fishing or diving. Restaurants and groceries are only a short walk. The house sits at the end of a dead end road (no traffic) within a nature preserve and directly next to Punta Uva. There are sloths and monkeys in the trees on the property and can be seen almost daily. Each bedroom has a small deck and have extra beds for additional guests. Very secure place with a full time gardener/security. Very peaceful and quiet. The property is compleatly fenced but does not interfear with the scenery. Privately owned, managed and maintained.
$275.00/weekend, friday and saturday nights
$1000.00/ 2 weeks
$1300.00/ 3 weeks
The last week of the year cost $1500
in Costa Rica Gina Miranda (phone number hidden)
Hola,la casa es para disfrutarla con las precausiones de cualquier casa de playa.
Tener mucho cuidado con los electrodomesticos, no prender velas y si lo hacen apagarlas cuando no se esten vigilando. Si salen de la casa siempre dejarla bien cerrada
The house had everything we needed, it was clean, great rooms with ocean view. Chepe the caretaker was very hepful yet not intrusive, he was always friendly and polite. Me and my friends had a great time, we are coming back
I read all the reviews and honestly there is not much more to add. The house is truly a Magic Place. Its big, simple, very open, right in front of the water... can't ask for more. Jose ( the caretaker) & his family are amazing, they are always there if you need anything.
Anyways, I decided to create a guide for you, so if you are renting this house we hope to help you settled easier and faster than we did.
1. The house is located in Punta Uva, to be more specific you can say "Arrecife", this helps a lot when you are taking a Taxi.
2. The house ( as the host describes it) its very simple, meaning: no AC, no screens on the windows, not stove ( there is an electric hot plate), and most of the other appliances don't really work ( microwave/oven) so I would not recommend planning elaborate meals. We opted for hot dogs, cheese and meats, or empanadas.
3. There is a restaurant within walking distance that serves great food, and there is a small store about a block away where you can get essentials.
4. The rest of the restaurants that are " walking distance" are located on the main street going towards Puerto Viejo, but keep in mind that the streets are really dark, so you might not feel confortable walking there at night.
5. Puerto Viejo is located about 8 km from Punta Uva. You can get there by driving (20mins), walking ( 2 hours +/-), you can also take the bus which runs every 2 hours, or a taxi which should cost around $10 and you can ask the caretaker to call one for you. The drivers will give you their numbers if you need to, so later you can use whatsapp to contact them ( they are very helpful)
Puerto Viejo is fun! There is plenty of restaurants, shops, bars, grocery stores, banks and money exchange places. The streets are clean, and we felt very safe. Also, on your way back you can take any of the taxis waiting in front of the restaurants.
6. Rent Bikes! Its the best way of moving around during the day, so you can go to Puerto Viejo as many times as you want.
7. Food is delicious but its not cheap, do not go with the idea that you will spend 5 bucks on a dish. We were 6, and spent from $60 ( for a small lunch), to $250 (for dinner and drinks). Its still cheaper than the States, of course.
8. We went on July 2015, and it rained a lot, so bring cards and board games. The house is perfect to sit in the balcony and listen to the rain.
9. People are great! Many of them spoke English, so if you are not really good at Espanol you will still have a blast.
Hope this helps you, and I wish you a great trip! Pura Vida!
The host was great -We emailed with Gina a few times before we got to Costa Rica and then we were in contact with the caretaker who lives on the property once we were in country. He knew when we would arrive and was able to assist with technical issues when we first arrived. (example: He found a box in one of the bedrooms which had the wifi password).
property is located in the most beautiful spot of our whole trip! The beach is beautiful, there was a sloth in the front yard and howler monkeys too! The caretaker showed us the sloth in the morning and we got to watch him hand feed it. When we arrived at the property we were greeted by the cutest puppy ever. We were very relieved to know that it belonged to the caretaker and his family ! The puppy came in and out of the property as he desired. This was fine with us. There was a water / food bowl on the floor of the kitchen - it was obvious to us that the puppy had been adopted by all the different visitors.
The location of the property rates a 100!!!. The inside is pretty rustic. The bedrooms and beds are as advertised but they are not at all fancy. The kitchen space is small. You would have a hard time making a big dinner or lunch in it. There is a two burner hot plate, a refrigerator, a microwave and a toaster oven. It was a tight space for 7 people only because there is not a lot of "living space". We loved the house mostly for it's location and would go back again, and again, and again.
Anyone staying at this property should know that this is an open air beach house that is cooled exclusively by wind. There were 3 fans in the house that we used in the bedrooms. But it was still very warm at the highest sun time of the day.
Rincon Magico is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy sea and nature for a few days. The view from the house on the trees, the beach and the see is a constant pleasure and the house is basic but very charming. Jose and his family, who take care of the house have been very helpful and friendly and we very much enjoyed our time with them.
Most lovable place of our eight weeks Costa Rica trip!
Lugar más querido en nuestro viaje de ocho semanas a través de Costa Rica!
Ginas Haus war der Ort, der uns persönlich (Familie mit zwei kleinen Kindern im Alter von 2,5 und 6 Jahren) auf unserer achtwöchigen Reise durch Costa Rica am besten gefallen hat. Das Haus ist bunt gestrichen, mit selbst gemalten Bildern und selbst gefertigten Mosaiken verziert, und man spürt, dass viel Liebe darin steckt. Die Lage ist ein Traum: vom Meer nur durch einen wunderbaren Garten, in dem Faultiere wohnen, getrennt, an einem der schönsten und vielfältigsten Strände. Gleichzeitig liegt das Haus so weit am Rand eines Strandabschnittes (Punta Uva Arrecife), dass es dort sehr ruhig ist. In den Bäumen des urwaldig bewachsenen Felsens am Rand des Strandes wohnen Brüllaffen. In den Bäumen des Gartens findet man außer Faultieren auch Echsen und Tukane. Beim Entdecken hilft der überaus nette Hausmeister und -bewacher José, der mit seiner Familie im kleinen Nachbarhaus lebt und zu jeder Uhrzeit für jede Frage ansprechbar und ausgesprochen hilfsbereit ist. Der Kontakt mit der Familie von José war ausgesprochen nett. Wir waren acht Nächte in Ginas Haus und wären sehr gerne länger geblieben. Aus gutem Grund war das Haus aber belegt. Von der Ausstattung des Hauses darf man sich nicht zu viel erwarten. Gina schreibt ja selbst, dass es ein "einfaches" Haus ist. Wie auch sonst in der Karibik leidet alles sehr unter der hohen Luftfeuchtigkeit. Insbesondere die Waschmaschine ist zwar besser als Handwäsche aber nur geringfügig. José und Familie wissen da aber Rat.
Falls wir eines Tages wieder nach Costa Rica kommen können, werden wir uns auf jeden Fall frühzeitig darum kümmern, wieder bei Gina wohnen zu können.
Muchíssimas gracias, Gina!!!
Great beach house, it is truly right on the beach. The house was clean, big and it had everything we needed (including towels and kitchen utensils). We only stayed for 3 days so we couldn't spend that much time on the house but it had an amazing view and the caretaker, Don Chepe, was super nice. He even told us there were some sloths. At night you can hear the congos really close to you. Definitely a place we want to go back.
The pictures of the house doent´s show much how beautiful the place is, Location is just perfect!! If weater is favorable, the place is just paradise!