About This Listing
Chatsworth Terrace History House(circa 1886) is a 2 bedroom townhouse, set in the historic suburb of Glebe just 10 minutes walk from the CBD, the Hobart waterfront, Salamanca Place, the Botanical Gardens and the North Hobart restaurant precinct.
Chatsworth Terrace History House (circa 1886) is a townhouse perfectly suited to couples or group of friends who want to unwind and relax during their stay in Hobart. It has been sympathetically renovated and refurbished to provide you with an authentic old world experience.
It is set in the historic suburb of Glebe just 5 to 15 minutes walk from the CBD, Sullivan's Cove and the Hobart waterfront, Salamanca Place, the Botanical Gardens, and the North Hobart restaurant precinct.
Last Minute Deals - Please ask us about a special offer if you are booking last minute and there is still availability in the next two weeks.
The house has two main queen bedrooms, and is equipped with a renovated, kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities. There is also a fold out sofa bed in the lounge room.
- Fully heated throughout
- Lounge room featuring leather sofa, Grand-Father clock and, flat screen TV.
- Fully equipped Farmhouse kitchen with oak bench tops, oven, fridge/freezer, and modern appliances.
- Stylish refurbished tiled bathroom with clawfoot bath and shower.
- 2 Airy and light spacious bedrooms with queen beds.
- Kitchen area opens onto a sun drenched charming English style cottage garden courtyard.
Interaction with Guests
Entire house is available.
Chatsworth Terraces is set in the historic suburb of Glebe. The suburb of Glebe is fast becoming known as the second Battery Point and is a largely intact suburb of late 19th century Victorian era houses. It is well worth taking a short stroll around the suburb and enjoying the views of Hobart which can be seen from it.
- 1 minute walk to Scary ghost tour at the site of Old Hobart Gaol, Courthouse and Gallows at the Penitentiary Chapel Historic Site.
- 5 minute walk to Hobart Aquatic Centre and Domain Tennis Centre where the Hobart International Women's tournament is held in early January.
- 5 minute walk to the CBD.
- 5 minutes walk to famed restaurant precinct of North Hobart, which includes cafes, restaurants, boutique shops, major supermarkets and the State Cinema with rooftop cinema.
- 5 minute walk to the nearest supermarket in Campbell St.
- 5 minute walk to Queen's Domain reserve with Soldier's walk.
- 5-10 minute walk to Sullivan's Cove, the Hobart Waterfront and Salamanca Place and it's famous market, cafes, constitution dock and it's hub of local seafood restaurants, MONA ferry terminal and the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery.
- 10 minute walk to Botanical Gardens.
The house is ten minutes walk from the main bus interchange outside the GPO in Hobart which has METRO bus services to all parts of Hobart. It is the same distance from the Tour Services which leave from the waterfront. Tasmania's two main private bus operators Redline in Liverpool St and Tassielink in Brisbane St are also within easy walking distance.
With these services, you have these Day trips at your fingertips...................
- view the world at your feet from Mt Wellington,
- take a leisurely drive down to the Huon Valley,
- visit Richmond, Port Arthur,
- Peppermint Bay (from the Docks on the Waterfront),
- Salmon farms in the Derwent Valley,
- Sorell Fruit Farm where you can pick your own fruit.
- Cherry orchards,
- Cadbury chocolate factory,
- Wineries and Restaurants in the Huon or the Coal River Valley near Richmond,
- Highland Lakes and wilderness treasures of Tasmania.
Other Things to Note
Please note that Chatsworth Terraces is a three storey terrace town house. So if your travelling with elderly people or young children please let us know so that we can advise you of its suitability.
If more than 4 people wish to stay, there is a fold out bed in the loungeroom. A fee of $50 per extra person per stay applies to bookings of over 5 people. Maximum accepted is 6 people in special situations.
On your booking being confirmed, we will send you a brochure which tells you everything you need to know about Chatsworth Terrraces.
Beautiful old building, in a pretty good location. Provided amenities were perfect and it felt like a place I'd genuinely liked to live it. The shower is a singularly unique experience. Recommended as a accommodation that's a little different.
The house was great. the previous guests had broken the shower and Luigi has fixed it with a temporary fitting and also left us a bottle of sparkling wine as an apology. A really nice gesture.
Luigi's place Chatsworth Terraces was great for our quick weekend trip to Hobart. It's very convenient and well located, and we had no problem finding our way in. The place is basic, and might lack a bit for some choosy guests. We found it quite functional and for our group of four (attending a wedding) it was a fine fit.
We had a great time at Luigi's place. It has a beautiful old world charm and we had everything we needed. Was a short walk to everything. Definitely recommend.
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Luigi
Your closest supermarket.Campbell Street Hobart TAS 7000
Great Ghost Tour of old cells and gallows.Campbell Street Hobart TAS 7000
Site of the Hobart International Tennis Tournament in Early January which usually features some of the worlds best women Tennis players.Davies Avenue Domain TAS 7000
Hobarts favourite indoor swimming centre.Davies Avenue Queens Domain TAS 7000
The oldest performing Arts Theatre in Australia. Guided tours on Wednesdays.Campbell Street Hobart TAS 7000
Hobarts Main Bike Path which takes you all the way to the Northern Suburbs and past MONA.Intercity Cycleway Queens Domain TAS 7000
Hobarts Major War MemorialMcVilly Drive Queens Domain TAS 7000
Home of the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra - the best little Symphony Orchestra in Australia.Davey Street Hobart TAS 7000
A great museum full of many curiosities, and one of the best galleries of colonial art in Australia.Dunn Place Hobart TAS 7000
Hobarts major Anglican cathedral. Just up from there is the most intact Georgian Street corner in Australia at the corner of Macquarie and Murray St.Macquarie Street Hobart TAS 7000
A great cinema house showing both mainstream, art house and independent movies.Elizabeth Street North Hobart TAS 7000
Catch the Ferry to the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) from Franklin Wharf. Also see the Yachts from the Sydney to Hobart Race in late December.Franklin Wharf Hobart TAS 7000
One of the oldest and best Botanical Gardens in Australia.Lower Domain Road Queens Domain TAS 7000
Tasmanias ParliamentHobart TAS 7000
The best Saturday market in Australia set amongst a dramatic backdrop of historic early 19th century sandstone warehouses.Salamanca Pl TAS
Hobarts original Georgian Village.Battery Point TAS 7004
A magnificent Georgian Church and clock tower in Battery Point.Cromwell Street Battery Point Tasmania 7004
Another great National Trust Historic House.Bay Road New Town TAS 7008
Site of early Female Convict Factory.Degraves Street South Hobart TAS 7004
Home of Tasmanias Iconic Beer.South Hobart TAS 7004
Signal Station and Lookout over Hobart and the Derwent River.Nelson Road Mount Nelson TAS 7007
Australias premier collection of Modern Art.Main Road Rosetta TAS 7000