About this listing
Chatsworth Terrace History House(circa 1886) is a 2 bedroom townhouse, set in the historic suburb of Glebe just 10 minutes walk from the CBD, the Hobart waterfront, Salamanca Place, the Botanical Gardens and the North Hobart restaurant precinct.
Chatsworth Terrace History House (circa 1886) is a townhouse perfectly suited to couples or group of friends who want to unwind and relax during their stay in Hobart. It has been sympathetically renovated and refurbished to provide you with an authentic old world experience.
It is set in the historic suburb of Glebe just 5 to 15 minutes walk from the CBD, Sullivan's Cove and the Hobart waterfront, Salamanca Place, the Botanical Gardens, and the North Hobart restaurant precinct.
Last Minute Deals - Please ask us about a special offer if you are booking last minute and there is still availability in the next two weeks.
The house has two main queen bedrooms, and is equipped with a renovated, kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities. There is also a fold out sofa bed in the lounge room.
- Fully heated throughout
- Lounge room featuring leather sofa, Grand-Father clock and, flat screen TV.
- Fully equipped Farmhouse kitchen with oak bench tops, oven, fridge/freezer, and modern appliances.
- Stylish refurbished tiled bathroom with clawfoot bath and shower.
- 2 Airy and light spacious bedrooms with queen beds.
- Kitchen area opens onto a sun drenched charming English style cottage garden courtyard.
Interaction with Guests
Entire house is available.
Chatsworth Terraces is set in the historic suburb of Glebe. The suburb of Glebe is fast becoming known as the second Battery Point and is a largely intact suburb of late 19th century Victorian era houses. It is well worth taking a short stroll around the suburb and enjoying the views of Hobart which can be seen from it.
- 1 minute walk to Scary ghost tour at the site of Old Hobart Gaol, Courthouse and Gallows at the Penitentiary Chapel Historic Site.
- 5 minute walk to Hobart Aquatic Centre and Domain Tennis Centre where the Hobart International Women's tournament is held in early January.
- 5 minute walk to the CBD.
- 5 minutes walk to famed restaurant precinct of North Hobart, which includes cafes, restaurants, boutique shops, major supermarkets and the State Cinema with rooftop cinema.
- 5 minute walk to the nearest supermarket in Campbell St.
- 5 minute walk to Queen's Domain reserve with Soldier's walk.
- 5-10 minute walk to Sullivan's Cove, the Hobart Waterfront and Salamanca Place and it's famous market, cafes, constitution dock and it's hub of local seafood restaurants, MONA ferry terminal and the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery.
- 10 minute walk to Botanical Gardens.
The house is ten minutes walk from the main bus interchange outside the GPO in Hobart which has METRO bus services to all parts of Hobart. It is the same distance from the Tour Services which leave from the waterfront. Tasmania's two main private bus operators Redline in Liverpool St and Tassielink in Brisbane St are also within easy walking distance.
With these services, you have these Day trips at your fingertips...................
- view the world at your feet from Mt Wellington,
- take a leisurely drive down to the Huon Valley,
- visit Richmond, Port Arthur,
- Peppermint Bay (from the Docks on the Waterfront),
- Salmon farms in the Derwent Valley,
- Sorell Fruit Farm where you can pick your own fruit.
- Cherry orchards,
- Cadbury chocolate factory,
- Wineries and Restaurants in the Huon or the Coal River Valley near Richmond,
- Highland Lakes and wilderness treasures of Tasmania.
Other Things to Note
Please note that Chatsworth Terraces is a three storey terrace town house. So if your travelling with elderly people or young children please let us know so that we can advise you of its suitability.
If more than 4 people wish to stay, there is a fold out bed in the loungeroom. A fee of $50 per extra person per stay applies to bookings of over 5 people. Maximum accepted is 6 people in special situations.
On your booking being confirmed, we will send you a brochure which tells you everything you need to know about Chatsworth Terrraces.
Great place that the owner has. We were there for the weekend and parked at the door. Very convenient! The place is so close to downtown. There is a supermarket nearby.
The house itself is great. Very warm and lots of space. We could have easily stayed here for a week and been very comfortable. Bed are great and the lounge and kitchen are large. It has a great rear yard but we didn't get a chance to use it as we were out a lot.
Will be back next time we are in Hobart.
This was a three-storey victorian house. If you like vintage style, that'd be a good choice. The house was clean and have everything you need.
Beautiful house, very conveniently located, lovely and warm in the extremely cold weather. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
Luigi was welcoming via email and made sure all was in order for our stay.
The house was central and walking distance to all Hobart has to offer.
The house was comfortable and clean. It is older though everything was working.
The little back yard was gorgeous.
The house is beautiful and well heated . The garden is particularly charming but the weather prohibited us from enjoying it.
I loved the design of the house and it was a unique experience to be in a home so close to the city. The lovely stairs are soft and almost noiseless .
Definitely will come again.
Luigi was attentive without being intrusive. My partner and I enjoyed our time together in this lovely house
Beautiful old house, so close to everything. With a heater for each room the place was nice and cosy despite being the middle of winter. Only problem we encountered was with the shower head which must have been broken at some stage and replaced with a cheap plastic handheld one with holes in it. We did contact Luigi to ask if it could be fixed, not an unreasonable request given the amount we paid to stay for four nights and with 4 people using it everyday but had no response or even explanation. There was no milk/basic necessities left in the fridge as advertised either. All in all a great stay and with some basic improvements would be even better.
A comfortable and clean home. My partner and I enjoyed a warm bath in the morning overlooking the city, and enjoyed walking to and from our destinations as it is very close to centre of town.
This host has 19 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews