About this listing
We've private rooms for Erasmus students / foreign visitors in a secure & crowded area in the heart of Taksim/Beyoglu. We're located very close to Tunel Square, a few steps away from Istiklal Street surrounded by historical atmosphere, close to the major shopping districts, public transport, historical places, consulates (we're side by side with Russian & Swedish Consulates f.e.)
Our facility has 10 private rooms and 1 private flat in different floors, and its suitable for long or short term accommodation needs.
Each room has its OWN bed, wardrobe & desk. There's also an unlimited WI-FI access, heating in every room and every room takes direct sunlight except one. Kitchen, bathroom and living room are shared areas in every floor except the privately rented apartments. You can take your shower whenever you want. There is hot water 24/7, you can watch TV and DvDs when you want to chill in front of the tv on a comfy couch.
This room is a large one and it has ONE SINGLE BED, we can always put an airbed due to your request, our room includes an eccentric & working fireplace aswell.
Please contact me personally for details, I hope I'll be able to help you! Feel free to ask me about safe transportation directly from airport to my location and enjoy your stay in Istanbul ! :)
IMPORTANT NOTE : This private room is located in a very quiet and silent street, especially at night time. During daytime there's noise of nearby school and thats all. There are no karaoke restaurants next to this building. (I'm especially saying this to avoid confusions because we had a flat next to karaoke restaurant in some other corner of our district)
Please pay attention to these simple rules to make life better in our flat ;
1. Please ask permission of your current (website hidden) to invite more than 1-2 guests of yours, especially at late hours. Please do not invite dozens of people without asking other people, if you're in urge to do that, please do it with the permission of others at reasonable hours.
2. Please lock the flat door while you're leaving, also please keep your rooms locked when you're away to prevent any problematic situation.
3. Please pay attention to prevent loud noise after 23.00, there are lots of other people in the building who are waking up early and local people in nearby apartments as well.
4. Please do not smoke in the living room, if you're a smoker please try to choose your own room to smoke. Also please do not throw cigarettes into the garden.
5. 2 times per month a cleaning lady comes to clean the entire flat, but please be helpful to your (website hidden) about cleaning of shared areas. Please do not leave trash in kitchen, and please coordinate with your (website hidden) to keep it clean. Please keep it in mind its a shared flat. There are two huge metal trash containers at the end of our blind street to throw your trash.
6. Please do not give your keys to anyone else.
7. Please do not consume tap water for your own health. We're supplying drinking water in our flat. Water station is reachable via (phone number hidden) in case of need.
8. Please try to travel with known taxi stations. Be careful about random taxi drivers since they'll try to con you sometimes! Please feel free to ask for reliable transportation. Pera Taxi in case of need ; (phone number hidden). Please let me personally know if you have a serious health problem, this will allow me to be in touch with hospitals in case of emergency.
10. Please ask before you invite your guests who'll come to stay for one night (which is totally out of charge) or longer than that (supposed to pay).
If you engage in behavior that disturbs the other guests and the environment, or if you don't follow the house rules, you will be refunded and asked to leave immediately. Please let me know any of your suggestions, thanks a lot for your attention.
Ali is a wonderful host, always helpful, kind and sure to make certain everything is going well. He's happy to answer any questions you might have.
The apartment is excellent, in a prime location just off Istiklal, but down a side street that isn't too loud or busy so you can have some peace and get a good night's sleep! It's spacious and the facilities, such as the kitchen and communal area, are great. The cleaner comes every fortnight so it's also kept well and is generally clean and hygienic. It's also very safe. The other rooms are also rented out so it's a good way to meet other people too!
I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it, whether for a short stay or a more extended one, as it feels like a home away from home.
I stayed in the orange room for one month, and I had a very good time.
Here are the good points of this place :
- great location : the house is just in front of a school, with guards and security cameras, so the street is very safe.
- just one minute walk from Istiklal street and from the Shishane metro station.
- the decoration of the flat is lovely, and it has everything you may need, like a dishwasher or a washing-machine.
- the orange room is big, with a big mirror and 2 large closets, the room gets a lot of natural light and the bed is comfortable.
- Ali is a very nice guest, who will do everything he can to make your stay perfect ! (For instance, when the weather was crazy hot, he came to the flat to offer us fans)
- the shared areas are a great way to meet people, and make the flat a very lively place.
And here are the few bad points :
- the bathroom smells bad in the morning because the shower must be quite old.
- as a shared flat, your rommates may be more or less careful about the cleanness of it, and the cleaning lady is not a big help. So if you want to live in a very clean place, you'll have to do most of the cleaning.
- this is not what you can call a quiet place, because you will hear your rommates talking or eating in the kitchen, the noise of the school across the street, a few people in the street, and at night, dozens of cats howling or fighting. You'll have to get used to it !
But overall, I had a very pleasant time there and I would definitely recommend this place ! (but maybe not if you want to work or study in calm, because it's still not very quiet.)
We went to Ali's house Aug. 14 to 17 and then returned a day early to leave for Italy and we were very very good! The location of the apartment is perfect, a short walk from the main street by the locals, the best restaurants and Taksim Square! The rooms are very neat and clean! Ali is a very nice guy, helpful and very thoughtful! He called taxi for us and last night we cooked Italian pasta in company and then go out for a drink together.
I highly recommend everyone to stay at the home of Ali, you'll be very happy. I will definitely return to Ali's house for my future stays in Istanbul.
Francesca e Chiara from Italy
Ali is a very professional host.
Unfortunately Ali was in a major car accident the day before I arrived but he still got in touch with me from the hospital to let me know he had arranged for a friend to meet me on arrival. This just goes to show you how dedicated and professional he is.
His friend was very hospitable and gave me a tour of the area which is the perfect location to stay in Istanbul. The apartment itself is actually 2 floors that house separate rooms, I stayed in the Orange room on the 2nd floor. The room was great, exactly like the pictures, had a windows for fresh air and lots of storage space.
At the time I stayed there, there was only 1 other person in the house and she was long term guest. I didn't use the shared areas much but there is a TV and you get your own shelf in the fridge which is useful. The shower is somewhat small but Ali even provides towels for guests, Free WiFi throughout the apartment with good speed.
The location just off Istiklal street near Tunel is perfect and makes it very convenient for everything. Istiklal street for shopping, nightlife and and food at all hours. A downhill walk to Galta tower and bridge, Sultanahmet and old Istnbaul. Easy to get to from the airport bus that drops you in Taksim square (15 minute walk to the apartment).
I greatly enjoyed my stay and definitely recommend Ali and his apartment.
I had a great stay in the Orange Room! Ali worked very hard to make sure that we had everything we needed for our stay. Because my brother was joining, Ali set up an extra air mattress before our arrival. He was great with communication throughout the process, and the place was pretty clean. However, the best part of the house was definitely the location. Very close to Galeta Tower, shops, restaurants, and bars.
I was very lucky to stay in one of Ali's rooms. It was clean and the house well-appointed. The building (with lift) was beautiful and located a few minutes from the Metro station and Galata Tower, and İstiklâl Caddesi is around the corner with its endless restaurants, bars and shops. The bed was comfortable and the desk was great at the end of every day for uploading some gorgeous photos of the city. The wardrobe is very large, and the washing machine is convenient if you've been touring the country for a while. The neighbours and nearby shopkeepers are very pleasant too.
Ali is a fantastic host, very kind and understanding when my arrival was delayed, and always quick to help with advice about the city. All hosts should be like him! :)
The only con: If you tend to wake up later on holiday, the children in the school across the street from the window will surely prevent that! But you are in Istanbul with many things to see and do so it's better to start the day early, no?
Thanks again to Ali for making my stay in Istanbul so enjoyable and stress-free! You won't regret staying here.
-nice building in nice apt with interesting décor
-friendly and helpful host
-room faces a school that is quite loud at certain times of the day
-must share a bathroom with 5 or 6 other people! also bathroom had a strange and slightly foul order
-most of the other people living in the apt are Erasmus students, so it has a very university roommate apartment kind of feel -- in terms of hours people are about and relative cleanliness of kitchen and common spaces
-the two single beds are different heights, so for a couple this still means sleeping on separate beds rather than joining them to form a full
This host has 413 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ali
Greetings traveller !
I'm almost 36 years old freelancer, graduated from graphic design. Currently running my own business, renovating and renting private rooms & flats in the heart of Istanbul mostly for incoming foreign visitors since the beginning of 2010.
I will be glad if I can help for your accommodation need!