We've private rooms for Erasmus students / foreign visitors in a secure & crowded area in the heart of Taksim/Beyoglu. We're located very close to Tunel Square, a few steps away from Istiklal Street surrounded by historical atmosphere, close to the major shopping districts, public transport, historical places, consulates (we're side by side with Russian & Swedish Consulates f.e.)
Our facility has 10 private rooms and 1 private flat in different floors, and its suitable for long or short term accommodation needs.
Each room has its OWN bed, wardrobe & desk. There's also an unlimited WI-FI access, heating in every room and every room takes direct sunlight except one. Kitchen, bathroom and living room are shared areas in every floor except the privately rented apartments. You can take your shower whenever you want. There is hot water 24/7, you can watch TV and DvDs when you want to chill in front of the tv on a comfy couch.
This room is a large one and it has ONE SINGLE BED, we can always put an airbed due to your request, our room includes an eccentric & working fireplace aswell.
Please contact me personally for details, I hope I'll be able to help you! Feel free to ask me about safe transportation directly from airport to my location and enjoy your stay in Istanbul ! :)
IMPORTANT NOTE : This private room is located in a very quiet and silent street, especially at night time. During daytime there's noise of nearby school and thats all. There are no karaoke restaurants next to this building. (I'm especially saying this to avoid confusions because we had a flat next to karaoke restaurant in some other corner of our district)
Simple rules & reminders ;
1) Please ask before you invite your guests who'll come to stay for 1 night or longer than that.
2) If you're a smoker, please smoke on an open or nearby window.
3) Please do your own cleaning of your room by yourself. Every first week of every month a house cleaner comes to clean entire flat. Please be helpful to your (website hidden) about cleaning of shared areas.
4) Please do not give your keys to anyone else.
5) Please do not consume city water for your own health. We're supplying drinking water in our flats.
6) You do not need to bring your bed sheets or your quilt since we've at least 1 for each room.
7) Please try to travel with known taxi stations. Be careful about random taxi drivers hence they'll try to con you sometimes! Please feel free to ask for trustable transportation.
8) Please keep in mind, if you decide to leave before the end of your already paid period, there can be no payback. No one else instead of you can stay with your paid amount.
9) Please let me personally know if you've a serious health problem, this will allow me to be in touch with hospitals in case of emergency.
10) All of our rooms are private and lockable, please keep rooms and flats locked when you're away to prevent any problematic situation.
11) Please feel free to ask any help about anything.
I stayed in the orange room for one month, and I had a very good time.
Here are the good points of this place :
- great location : the house is just in front of a school, with guards and security cameras, so the street is very safe.
- just one minute walk from Istiklal street and from the Shishane metro station.
- the decoration of the flat is lovely, and it has everything you may need, like a dishwasher or a washing-machine.
- the orange room is big, with a big mirror and 2 large closets, the room gets a lot of natural light and the bed is comfortable.
- Ali is a very nice guest, who will do everything he can to make your stay perfect ! (For instance, when the weather was crazy hot, he came to the flat to offer us fans)
- the shared areas are a great way to meet people, and make the flat a very lively place.
And here are the few bad points :
- the bathroom smells bad in the morning because the shower must be quite old.
- as a shared flat, your rommates may be more or less careful about the cleanness of it, and the cleaning lady is not a big help. So if you want to live in a very clean place, you'll have to do most of the cleaning.
- this is not what you can call a quiet place, because you will hear your rommates talking or eating in the kitchen, the noise of the school across the street, a few people in the street, and at night, dozens of cats howling or fighting. You'll have to get used to it !
But overall, I had a very pleasant time there and I would definitely recommend this place ! (but maybe not if you want to work or study in calm, because it's still not very quiet.)
We went to Ali's house Aug. 14 to 17 and then returned a day early to leave for Italy and we were very very good! The location of the apartment is perfect, a short walk from the main street by the locals, the best restaurants and Taksim Square! The rooms are very neat and clean! Ali is a very nice guy, helpful and very thoughtful! He called taxi for us and last night we cooked Italian pasta in company and then go out for a drink together.
I highly recommend everyone to stay at the home of Ali, you'll be very happy. I will definitely return to Ali's house for my future stays in Istanbul.
Francesca e Chiara from Italy
Ali is a very professional host.
Unfortunately Ali was in a major car accident the day before I arrived but he still got in touch with me from the hospital to let me know he had arranged for a friend to meet me on arrival. This just goes to show you how dedicated and professional he is.
His friend was very hospitable and gave me a tour of the area which is the perfect location to stay in Istanbul. The apartment itself is actually 2 floors that house separate rooms, I stayed in the Orange room on the 2nd floor. The room was great, exactly like the pictures, had a windows for fresh air and lots of storage space.
At the time I stayed there, there was only 1 other person in the house and she was long term guest. I didn't use the shared areas much but there is a TV and you get your own shelf in the fridge which is useful. The shower is somewhat small but Ali even provides towels for guests, Free WiFi throughout the apartment with good speed.
The location just off Istiklal street near Tunel is perfect and makes it very convenient for everything. Istiklal street for shopping, nightlife and and food at all hours. A downhill walk to Galta tower and bridge, Sultanahmet and old Istnbaul. Easy to get to from the airport bus that drops you in Taksim square (15 minute walk to the apartment).
I greatly enjoyed my stay and definitely recommend Ali and his apartment.
I had a great stay in the Orange Room! Ali worked very hard to make sure that we had everything we needed for our stay. Because my brother was joining, Ali set up an extra air mattress before our arrival. He was great with communication throughout the process, and the place was pretty clean. However, the best part of the house was definitely the location. Very close to Galeta Tower, shops, restaurants, and bars.
I was very lucky to stay in one of Ali's rooms. It was clean and the house well-appointed. The building (with lift) was beautiful and located a few minutes from the Metro station and Galata Tower, and İstiklâl Caddesi is around the corner with its endless restaurants, bars and shops. The bed was comfortable and the desk was great at the end of every day for uploading some gorgeous photos of the city. The wardrobe is very large, and the washing machine is convenient if you've been touring the country for a while. The neighbours and nearby shopkeepers are very pleasant too.
Ali is a fantastic host, very kind and understanding when my arrival was delayed, and always quick to help with advice about the city. All hosts should be like him! :)
The only con: If you tend to wake up later on holiday, the children in the school across the street from the window will surely prevent that! But you are in Istanbul with many things to see and do so it's better to start the day early, no?
Thanks again to Ali for making my stay in Istanbul so enjoyable and stress-free! You won't regret staying here.
-nice building in nice apt with interesting décor
-friendly and helpful host
-room faces a school that is quite loud at certain times of the day
-must share a bathroom with 5 or 6 other people! also bathroom had a strange and slightly foul order
-most of the other people living in the apt are Erasmus students, so it has a very university roommate apartment kind of feel -- in terms of hours people are about and relative cleanliness of kitchen and common spaces
-the two single beds are different heights, so for a couple this still means sleeping on separate beds rather than joining them to form a full
Kiaora - Ali and Zeytin were wonderful hosts - Ali came to meet me when I arrived in Istanbul. He is so kind and caring and was always available if there was anything that I needed. Although I didn't end up staying in this house, the room that I had in another house was adequate for my needs. It's probably not good for someone who likes quiet, but for me, I didn't mind the noise as I came to Istanbul to experience this city as it is! It was not a problem for me and I quite liked living in amongst the busyness!
If you require somewhere quieter then Ali and Zeytin have quieter rooms available too. And all the rooms are lovely renovated rooms by Zeytin who is so clever and talented - very good with her hands! I came home one day and she was cutting the German flatmate's hair - so she is a hairdresser too!
The most important thing for me - they were wonderful hosts who took me around to different places, gave me a bus tour and advised on certain things during my visit.
I would highly recommend you stay with them during your visit to Istanbul - they are wonderful beautiful people and I hope to see them again one day soon!
Jo : )
This host has 274 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I'm almost 32 years old freelancer, graduated from graphic design a few years ago. Currently running my own business, renovating and renting private rooms / flats in the heart of Istanbul mostly for incoming foreign visitors since the beginning of 2010.
I hope I can be helpful for you !