Welcome to B & B U Palmentu which takes its name from the place where occurred the crushing of grapes to produce the wort (the winery), located within our structure. Our b & b in a strategic position in Taormina enjoys breathtaking views of Taormina, Mount Etna, Castelmola and at night you can see the lights of Syracuse. Our rooms are extremely elegant and refined, and most of them have balconies overlooking the bay of Giardini Naxos. For our guests we provide double rooms with double bed, with TV, hairdryer, air conditioning, bathroom with shower. The refinement of detail, the furnishings retail measure are our calling card. Inside the B & B U Palmentu you can park your car for free.
Gabriele and his Father were the most welcoming and warm hosts. Could not have asked for anything more! The views were fantastic, the rooms large and clean and the coffee delicious!
Thank you so much for a wonderful time, I hope to see you very soon some time. You will always be welcome for a coffee in London!
We stayed in B&B U Palmentu for 3 enjoyable evenings and overall would recommend to others.
What I liked:
- The location was great for us, as the views of Taormina, Mt Etna and the coast are spectacular.
- The B&B is on a no through road, so there is limited traffic driving past and free parking in sight of the B&B.
- The walk to town is 10-15 mins down stairs, but the views the whole way down make it a pleasant walk. I also enjoyed working off dinner and gelato on the way back from town.
- Gabriele and his father are friendly hosts.
- The room was clean, well furnished and comfortable.
What I thought could be improved:
- Breakfast was simple, everything was packaged - not fresh. There is a beautiful terrace with excellent views, it would have been nice to have breakfast served there.
- Having Wifi would make it more (website hidden) we book on the go and need wifi to book the next place. There are a few Internet cafes in town though that provide tablets with wifi when you get a drink (or two).
We stayed for one night and loved our rooms. Gabriele and his father are lovely and we really enjoyed talking to them about the history of Taormina. The rooms were IMMACULATE and very comfortable. The views were incredible (the best view I have ever had from a shower) from the bedrooms and from the terraces. From one side you can see Etna in all her glory, from another the sea, from another Calabria...
I will absolutely, positively stay there when I return someday to Taormina!!!
Gabriele and his parents are very nice hosts and I would definitely stay there again.
Very clean and nicely decorated rooms. Views are adorable and there is a terrace to use for guests. Breakfast is Italian style. You can walk down to the city center of Taormina taking 541 steps or using the cheap bus. There is a very good restaurant next door which was convenient for us traveling with two children.
We had a lovely, comfortable stay. Everything was clean and breakfast was a nice Italian breakfast. Gabriele and his family treated as very well and I would recommend Taormina Vacations. Very nice view, but would definitely need a car to reach the accomodation.
Very nice Place to stay Gabriele and his father Carmelo, are a great host, the view is magnificent, the accommodation nice and confortable, not 5 stars for the location, ( is not very easy to find ), well recommended.
Great place to stay with a beautiful view. Must have a car to access b+b.
This is a wonderful place to stay: the location was spectacular with views of Mt Etna, Castelmola, Taormina and north and south along the coast; the room was very clean and tastefully and freshly decorated; and Gabriele and his father Carmelo were very friendly and hospitable. The B & B is located at the very top of Taormina - a spread out and steep town - so you'll need to get the (cheap) local bus down to the main sights. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would love to visit again.
Gabriele and his family are fantastic hosts with a beautiful home. I could not recommend it more.
Thank you, Gabriele, for the nice time in your house! We had a very pretty room with a big balcony, overlooking the sea and the Etna. It was gorgeous! We would definitely come back.