About this listing
2 bdrm apt in East Melbourne. Free access to the gym, spa and sauna as well as a secure underground car park and an outdoor car park space in a permit zone. 500m to the MCG and Rod Laver Arena. Public transport in less than 250m.
- 2 generous Queen Bedrooms, linen & towels supplied. Please BYO pool towels.
- Fold out bed available
- 2 bathrooms - 2 toilets, 2 showers, 1 bath
- 2 parking spots - 1 secure [and conveniently located] car space and 1 with a parking permit (subject to availability)
- Clever use of space
- Communal facilities include 2 pools, sauna, 2 gyms, and tranquil gardens
- Air conditioning and heating
- Location, location, location
- Public Transport less than 250m away
- Port a cot available
- Free Wifi (max. of 2gb)
The master bedroom has a split cycle air conditioner, TV, DVD player, en-suite with shower and toilet as well as a walk in powder room with desk and large mirror. The windows let in all the natural light along with views of the Eureka Tower.
The bathroom has a bath with a detachable shower head above. There is also a European Laundry with washer and dryer which is perfect for extended stays.
Stone Floors run throughout the open plan living spaces and spill into the well-stocked kitchen with coffee machine, gas stove, electric oven and dishwasher. The serving bar which faces into the living room allows natural light to flow in from the outside. There are many beautiful artworks including a portrait of Napoleon in the lounge room along with a long leather couch which can comfortably seat four. There is a TV, DVD player and ducted heating throughout. The living room leads out to the Juliette Balcony which features a shade umbrella, bench seat as well as a café table and chairs.
We provide you with a starter pack of essential house hold items such as toiletries, dish washing detergent, washing powder, dish cloths, scrubbing brush, paper towels and toilet paper on check in. You will then need to purchase all necessities for the continuation of your stay.
This 2 bedroom apartment is located in the exceptional Wellington Gardens Complex which is surrounded by 2 lush gardens adorned with classical sculptures, The Lord Wellington Club, 2 pools, a heated spa, 2 gyms, 2 car spaces and a sauna. It is across the road from over 70 acres of natural parkland, with multiple public transport options at your doorstep and a short walk from the CBD, this unique offering provides you with the excuse you need to stay in Melbourne.
The apartment is 500 meters from the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) for the Test cricket and one day games as well as (Australian Football League) AFL matches. It is 500 metres to Rod Laver arena which holds the Australian Open every year and various events throughout the year.
You have free access to the gym, spa and sauna as well as a secure underground car park and an outdoor car park space in a permit zone.
Interaction with Guests
We will not be present during your stay however if you need any help or have any questions we are contactable.
Please note accommodation rates are based on twin share. Please let us know if you require more bedrooms.
This is strictly a non-smoking property. No pets allowed.
In less than 1km you can be in the theatre district including Her Majesty’s, The Regent and Princess. The closest cinema is The Kino Cinema which is only 500m away. It is part of a boutique cinema chain that features a stylish bar and a selection of local and international feature films and documentaries as well as various film festivals and special events throughout the year.
Needless to say you are in walking distance of many restaurants and bars. We recommend exploring many of Melbourne’s famous laneways including Flinders Lane, Meyers Place, Degraves St and Hardware Lane for a bite to eat.
You will not be at a loss of places to go and the best part of it is that everything is within walking distance and if you want to venture that little bit further you can easily jump on the tram (250m – Jolimont Rd/Wellington Parade) or train (600m Jolimont Station or 1km Flinders St Station) located nearby.
Other Things to Note
Our rates are based on twin share. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed in advance and for the use of additional bedrooms.
1. Please relax, unwind and enjoy your holiday.
2. Please call Lisa on (phone number hidden) if you discover any issues within the first hour of check in so they can be checked and rectified if necessary.
3. Please note Rejuvenate Stays properties are all ‘non-smoking’ properties. If there has been smoking in a “non-smoking room” you may incur a cleaning surcharge being added to your account.
4. Please switch lights, air con, fans or heating OFF when not occupying the premises.
5. If you have additional guests who wish to stay please let us know as the number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the booking confirmation or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed in advance and for the use of additional bedrooms.
6. Please note we do not accept events or parties. Any disturbance to neighbours, including excessive noise, offensive and/or unruly behaviour, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
7. Guests are expected to behave in a manner, which is conducive to the safety, comfort and convenience of other guests within the property, including its car park and grounds.
Only guests advised in the booking agreement are allowed on premises. Additional visitors by arrangement only
8. Please let us know if there are any breakages or items you notice that need repair. Even if it’s a glass we would appreciate you letting us know so that we can replace it for the next guests.
9. Checkout time is strictly 10:00am, unless prior arrangements have been made. If you would like to check out later or stay another night please call Lisa on (phone number hidden). Please ensure that all garbage is taken out and if you are there on bin collection day please put the bins out as we would greatly appreciate it.
11. Please wash and put away any dishes etc in the kitchen.
12. Please remove all linen from beds and place on end of bed. Please leave towels on bathroom floor.
13. Please ensure the keys that you used during your stay are left inside in the appropriate place.
14. Please lock all windows and doors when departing.
15. Please ensure that the keys from the key safe are returned after locking the door on your departure.
16. Any breach of Rejuvenate Stays Terms and Conditions permits Rejuvenate Stays to refuse the key, or immediately terminate the occupancy with forfeiture of your rent. This includes any act or omission, which in the opinion of the Director Rejuvenate Stays, adversely effects or brings discredit upon the business, owner or other guests.
From Dec 19, 2015 - Jan 31, 2016 the minimum stay is 5 nights.
Wow! What a gorgeous place. The crescent is so charming and a lot more than we expected. 2 minute walk to the MCG and 2 minute walk to the city. Absolutely perfect and will always stay here if in Melbourne!
The apartment was in a great location very near to the CBD and free trams (less than 5 min walk away).
Apartment was very clean and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable and strong, hot showers. Great location for us to walk to the tennis. The complex and the pool area are lovely.
Communication was efficient and concise, very easy to arrange our booking.
The apartment is well located but you should be aware that no one lives there, it is pure short stay rental, so there is no decoration almost , just basic stuff. Looking at the age of the sofa, the two paintings and the tacky bed, it looks like someone put there the furniture's you have and don't want to put in your own apartment so you use it for rental.... Walls are mostly empty, and you feel in a no-life space. plus the noise is important if you are not used to Trains... The bedrooms are 20m from the railways... In addition WiFi is a box you find in a drawer and need to turn on.. It was not explained so it took me one day of exchanges of mail to finally have the information that I needed to turn a small device on. I would not go back and you can find much nicer place to rent from individuals in Melbourne
Thank you for your very honest feedback Benoit. I am sorry you didnt lke the decor of the Apartment. The owners live there 6 months of the year and it is there second home. The artwork and furniture is all there own so they were very surprised and a little embarrassed by your feedback. They have taken on board your comments and we will review in light of your comments. The trains have never been the source of a negative review as our reviews have said how quiet it is. I am sorry it was a disturbance for you.
In regards to the WiFi instructions, on January 12th you were sent your arrival instructions with the WiFi access details including "The WiFi facility is in the draw on the left as you enter the Apartment. " I am sorry you missed it.
Thanks again for your feedback.
Kind Regards Lisa
Apartment was better than expected. Great location, all the facilities needed for a family with a child, it was a real home away from home.
We enjoyed our stay here while visiting friends and family in Melbourne. The stay was awesome we spent most of our time in the city which is only a short walk away. It was always a pleasure to come back to the apartment and relax after a busy day in the city.
The neighborhood area is so beautiful and we always felt safe walking around.
The actual setting and fitting are exactly the same as the photos show. The apartment was decorated with French style and quite humourously put up a portrait of Napoleon in Wellington Crescent. The surrounding area is tranquil and elegant, with a lot of trees and outdoor space, and yet very convenient. It only takes us 12 mins walk from the apartment to the Flinders Station which is the hub of almost all traffic in Greater Melbourne area. One of us simply walk to the Spring Street for musical show. We have full confidence on the safety of that neigbourhood.
What the photos did not show is that the apartment comes with a carport with high security control. There are cooking utensils, cutlery, tableware and condiments fill up all cabinets. I can even find a wok and high quality knives! There are even tea bags for us to use after dinner!
There are also cheese board and cheese knives, wine glasses and opener (but none of us drinks). Condiments include salt, pepper, chilli and even soy sauce!
The towels, shampoos and other toilet stuff are generously supplied in a closet, while extra cushions, blanket and sheets are also amply prepared for us, all clean and tidy.
We stayed there during winter time so it was not possible to use the balcony but it really looks nice. I would like to have breakfast there in a summer morning. Besides the fireplace, the apartment is also equipped with central heating that make the whole place warm and cozy in the cold winter time. I notice that there are air conditioning machines in bedrooms and I think these are for good sleep in summer time.
There is an expresso machine in the kitchen but no coffee capsule and milk. It is suggested that you can bring your own to enjoy a cup of good coffee.
The dish washer and oven are working fine and all of them are clean and are easy to use. The laundry was built in one of the bathrooms with washing machine and dryer. All these machines are clean and in good condition for us to use.
The internet access provided was of 4G mobile data and the host only allowed 2GB per stay. Unfortunately all of us relied on access and we have incurred extra usage, probably because of planning routes through google maps. No wonder there was a melway provided in the entrance!
This host has 171 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Rejuvenate Stays
Hi my name is Lisa Emrose,
I run a small boutique business called Rejuvenate Stays and I have a number of hand picked properties across selected areas in Melbourne. They range from Phillip Island to Clunes to Inverloch and Melbourne CBD.
I love being able to help you find accommodation that will fit your every need so please don't hesitate in contacting me.
I adore what I do as every day I am dealing with people who have a special story about why the need accommodation with me. I hear from guests all over the World and have learnt so much about the needs of travellers. I have used all this knowledge and hope I can bring it together for you in meeting your hosting experience.