About this listing
An extraordinary two-story antique royal suite, encrusted with museum-quality carved plaster, original mosaic and decorative painting. Authentic and spectacular.
Lonely Planet ranked it in Top 5 Author’s Picks of best places to stay in Fes; Frances Mayes called the Pasha Baghdadi Massriya “an arranged marriage of art and geometry”; and Conde Nast Traveller magazine says it’s "the Medina apartment to rent."
A remarkable two-story antique royal suite from 1880, the Massriya of the Pasha Baghdadi is the most beautiful Massriya we have found in Fez. Decorated with simple traditional furnishings, the Massriya’s romance comes from its original architectural detail: the suite is encrusted with museum-quality carved plaster, original mosaic, and decorative painting. Authentic, quirky and romantic.
* Two master bedrooms, including rooftop jewelbox "Menzeh" encrusted from mosaic floor to painted ceiling with museum-quality decorative detail, opening onto the terrace and city view from bed. Separate Menzeh is accessed through outside staircase.
* Small Garden Room on main floor contains ornate traditional fountain, small traditional domed Hammam bath designed for 4 people, and a shared bathroom.
* Large Salon with high original painted ceiling and cascading antique carved plaster.
* Rooftop terrace with medina view.
* Excellent accessible location in medina.
* Tiny kitchenette in Garden Room.
* Dramatically lit, with simple traditional furnishings.
* Down comforters, Italian linen and Egyptian cotton sheets and towels.
Other Things to Note
Due to guest feedback in May 2014, we have added a brand new air conditioner in the upstairs bedroom, and it cools nicely in the hot months now.
About the Host, Aicha
*My name is Aicha Alami. I live in Fez, Morocco. I love nature, tranquility, travel, and the sweet music of all kinds. Lori Ann Wood is the owner of the traditional apartment Pasha Baghdadi Massriya in Fez. She lives in California, USA. I am her assistant here in Fez.
*Je m'appelle Aicha Alami. J'habite à Fés, Maroc. J'aime la nature, le calme, le voyage et la douce musique de tous types. Lori Ann Wood c'est la propriétaire de l'apartement traditionnel Pasha Baghdadi Massriya à Fès. Elle vit en Californie in the US. *Je suis son assistante ici à Fès.