About this listing
Stay in a large house with ample living room space in a residential suburb east of the city, 20 minutes to Changi Airport and Expo mrt stations, yet speedily connected via Kembangan mrt which is only a three-minute walk away from my house.
Lots of natural light "The place is so full of character, with beautiful furniture and well curated room essentials. " - Diane, Aug 2015
Stay at The Breezy East three rooms 2B1S (two big one small)
Three things guests like about my home:
1. it's decorated with love
2. proximity to an mrt station
3. Tiger, my cat
Two things guests don't like about my home:
1. you need to carry your own luggage up the stairs
2. there is no swimming pool
The nightly rate covers all three bedrooms (Red Palm, Leopard and Plumeria) with an occupancy of six people - two in each room. I can accommodate up to 13 people in these three rooms, but there is additional pricing. Should you not want all three rooms, I suggest you check out the other listings of the same house which gives you individual room rates. You can do this by clicking on my photo. Please note that definition of 'people' here includes all bodies - babies, young children, teenagers and adults. And I am strict about the maximum I can accommodate in the three rooms - 13 - as well as the number of people in each room. Red Palm - maximum of 2, Leopard - maximum 4 - maximum of 7.
As you can see from the map, we are located three minutes by foot (291 m) from Kembangan mrt (EW6) which is very convenient if you are zipping around Singapore. You could take the mrt from Changi Airport and be at our house within 35 minutes - and that's includes the walk from the train station to the house. By taxi from the airport it would take 15 minutes. And to Orchard Road from Kembangan, that's about 16 minutes including one change - this is faster than a cab, particularly during peak hours when it can be hard to find one.
Breakfast is included in the price.
Bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom named 'Red Palm' situated on the first floor of the house (no stairs involved). It is a small room of 8 sq metres and comes with its own ensuite, private bathroom (7 sq m). Total size 15 sq m. It has a queen-sized bed and although it does not have any closet space, has many hooks. There is no door to the bathroom but a ladder towel rack doubles up as a modesty screen. Shower area and commode with bidet. Maximum capacity 2.
Bedroom named 'Leopard Tree' (area: 17.25 sq m, situated on the 2nd floor) - one double bed (size 1.9 x 1.55 m), one double sofa bed, with large ensuite private bathroom comprising a bath tub, large shower area and commode with bidet. Maximum capacity 4.
Bedroom named 'Plumeria' (area, 21 sq m, situated on the third floor) - one double bed (size 2 x 1.45 m), one double bed (size 1.9 x 1.5 m), one double sofa/bed, and one single Airweave futon floor mattress (maximum 7 people) - with ensuite private bathroom comprising shower and commode with bidet. Maximum capacity 7
All bedrooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans. And curtains and blinds for total black-out.
There is also free wifi.
Children, aged eight and below at time of stay, who are sharing the room with paying adults, are free.
In all bedrooms there will be a safe, an electric kettle, and instant coffee/tea sachets. There is also android tv (except for Red Palm which has only free-to-air channels) as well as hairdryers and cotton robes for your use.
There is a washing machine, but no dryer at the backyard. Laundry is on a do-it-yourself basis. There are pull down poles under cover so drying is not a problem in mostly tropical Singapore.
Nearby there are two basketball courts open to the public, a 420-metre walking/jogging track, and two playgrounds.
There is also a home-gym on the uppermost floor which you could use, and a roof terrace to chill out. Smoking is allowed on the roof terrace (but please close the sliding door behind you).
More about the house - this is a hosted stay - I live in the house. In other words you do not get the whole house to yourself. Landed semi-detached townhouse with small but pretty garden, koi pond and artfully decorated rooms. You will have access to ground floor living and dining rooms, as well as the kitchen, should you want to cook. If cooking, please do the washing-up and leave the kitchen in the condition you found it. Please help yourself to what condiments we have. I need to add that neither my helper or I have to be around when you cook. We'll show you where the pots and pans are, but we are not your assistants.
Should you prefer to exercise outdoors, we are 35 minutes by foot from the South China Sea. Just follow the park connector southwards and get a feel of residential Singapore along the way. When there, the East Coast Park provides ample opportunity for food, cycling (you can rent bikes there), camping (you need a permit), swimming, etc.
PLEASE READ THIS IF INTERESTED IN BOOKING:
1. My rates are non-negotiable.
2. As I am sharing my home with you, I would like to know briefly more about the purpose of your visit, who is in your party (family, partner, friend, colleague), and you need to upload a headshot photo in your Airbnb profile.
3. If you are arriving by plane, you need to give me your flight number. And if transferring from somewhere else, you need to check in by 9pm. You need to communicate with me on your checking in time. If you don't there may not be anyone in, or I may be asleep.
4. The person enquiring should also be needing accommodation.
5. The purpose of your stay with me should only be for genuine overnight accommodation. I am not interested in hosting for personal or business events, staycations and photo/film shoots.
6. My daily rate is based on the profile of the tourist or business traveller. Out after breakfast and back in the evening - early or late. If you intend to be in your room the whole day, you must let me know at the time you make your booking, as there will be a surcharge for extended use of air conditioning.
7. check-in 1pm/check-out 12 noon, but am flexible as long as no other booking - this means as early as 9am for check-in and as late as 9pm for check-out - subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until a day before your arrival. If you need a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out I suggest you book an extra day pre or post the core period. Should you have to vacate your room by 12pm, you can leave your luggage in my storeroom until you need to go to the airport. There is also a small spare bathroom you could use to freshen up.
8. I sometimes get asked if house previews are available before you book - the answer would be no. Should you have a specific question in mind about the room, however, I would be very happy to answer via email.
9. I have indoor cats who mind their own business and will not approach you except for one very friendly cat. So if you are very allergic or scared of cats, perhaps this is not the place for you.
10. house rules:
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, and fan when you leave your room
no visitors without prior permission - I might add that I don't expect your visitor to stay longer than half an hour and they are to be entertained in the living room.
no parties, events, film shoots, weddings, staycations
1) no smoking indoors
2) switch off all utilities when you go out
3) no outside visitors without prior permission
4) no parties, events, film shoots, wedding receptions, wedding send-offs, staycations