About this listing
Our cool, comfortable 1BR apt with high ceilings has a true NY feeling! Comfortably fits two (4 is possible) and centrally located on tree-lined street, steps away from everything downtown. Very quiet. Enjoy full kitchen and easy access to all major subways! No elevator or TV.
• Fully furnished
• Top floor (6th floor, no elevator)
• 11-ft High ceilings
• Lots of natural light
• New queen mattress & new queen air mattress
• Muji cookware and flatware
• Lightning fast WiFi access (50Mb/s)
• Airplay stereo (stream from any Apple device)
• Heat & Air Conditioning
• Full kitchen, plus blender and rice cooker
• Full private bedroom, full private bathroom
Full access to private apartment.
Interaction with guests
Please use the Airbnb app to message us. We are very fast to respond. (Of course you may text or call in an emergency.)
• Coffee: Third Rail Coffee, Joe’s Coffee, La Colombe.
• Food: Minetta Tavern, Mermaid Oyster Bar, Amy’s Bread, Buvette, by CHLOE, Fatty Crab, Jeffrey's Grocery, Black Seed Bagels, Taim, Tartine, Morandi, Prune
• Drinks: Little Branch
• Nightlife: Comedy Celler, (Le) Poisson Rouge, The Bitter End, Blue Note , The Village Underground, Minetta Lane Theatre.
• Groceries: Morton Williams.
• Arts: Center for Architecture, NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts.
• Walk everywhere downtown, or use one of NYCs most useful subway stations, West 4th (A, C, E, B, D, F, M), just two blocks away.
• A five-minute walk takes you to Soho or East Village.
Other things to note
Please note: 1) there is NO tv. 2) there are 5 flights of stairs and NO elevator.
Shoes off, no smoking, no pets, no parties. Great place for responsible freelancers/business people or vacationers — not a party pad please. :-) Please be respectful of our neighbors. If anyone in the building asks, please say you're our friends visiting from out of town.
I'm a visual effects artist, and my husband is in branding/graphic design. We work in LA mostly, and NY every now and then. (And sometimes other cities... the world is getting smaller, isn't it?) We love culture, and our places are great for fellow culture-lovers. We are aspiring minimalists, and our places reflect that. Minimalists need crazy-fast wifi, though. Hope you find our place a relaxing, quiet retreat. We want you to have a great trip.
We love that Airbnb lets the world see more of itself.
Thanks for looking!