About this listing
1969 Airstream International. This Aluminum bodied caravan has an Italian Designer Futon that turns into a full bed, 2 twin beds, a bathroom, a small refrigerator and an outside shower.
We offer a truly unique experience. We are a different type of bed and breakfast. Whether you are in the main house, pool house or RV everyone has breakfast together this is a bed & breakfast, family style. I talk more about that after I explain all the sleep arrangements available. Also keep in mind that most people enjoy cooking either on the Ducane grill or in the main kitchen that has every possible spice you can image. I am going to explain the whole house to you, so you understand this incredible ranch.
If you are a first time user click on the click for easy explanation... https://www.airbnb.com/c/nanderson3
First there is the main house. In the main house there are 2 bedrooms that are available, The Everglades Room and The Sunflower Room, both with full beds, and a shared bathroom.
Then there is a pool house right behind the main house separated by the pool, of course. The pool house is a complete home. It has 2 bedrooms, both with queen beds, a full size comfy futon, a small kitchen, a bathroom and an open area, with all sliders open to the pool.
Behind the pool house is Vintage Row. We have 5 Vintage aircraft inspired trailers. The trailers range in date from the year 1955 to the year 1977. Let's go through them 1 at a time. Keep in mind that these are Vintage meaning that there are lots of original parts some over 50 years old. We have tried very hard to keep this original with original parts.
1. 1969 Airstream International. This Aluminum bodied caravan has an Italian Designer Futon that turns into a full bed, 2 twin beds, a bathroom, a small refrigerator and an outside shower.
2. 1955 Airstream. We call this one the honeymoon suite. This one is very unique, has a custom made King size 12 inch memory foam bed that takes up all the back of the trailer, front toilet, sink on the back of the toilet bowl so no water is wasted, a custom queen-ish bed, a small refrigerator and an outdoor shower.
3. 1970 Avion has a RV kitchen, 2 twin beds and front dining table that turns into a queen bed, and full bathroom, but the shower is tiny and the outdoor showers are super. Even with the kitchen most people prefer to cook in the main house due to space.
4. 1977 Avion has a RV Kitchen, 2 twins with Memory Foam Mattresses and a Futon that turns into a full bed and complete bath. Same as above Small kitchen and small shower. Look at the pictures to understand the layout.
5. 1976 Airstream This is a very fun Airstream. It sleeps 6. There is a queen bed, a full bed and 2 twins. There is an outdoor covered space that has a private bathroom and shower, refrigerator and seating.
We served an incredible breakfast, mostly from our own garden. Farm Fresh Organic Eggs, Papaya, Star fruit, Bananas, Mango, Pineapples, Coconut, Avocado, Tomato's, Dragon Fruit, Peach, Leeches, Passion Fruit, Jack Fruit and Loquat. That is not complete, but it is seasonal, if it is in season you will be served it by the resident private executive Chef Glen. We are trying to living “off the land". We raise chicken and rabbits also. You get to explore all the plants.
Evenings are the perfect time to soak in the hot tub, swim in the pool or sit around the outdoor table in the middle of both and enjoy a drink and great conversation. Since we are away from the "city" we can see the stars clearly. We also get notifications from NASA regarding the space stations path and often times it is clearly viewable from our yard. A game of Horseshoes or Croquet is a welcoming challenge. On colder evening a bonfire is a great addition to the peacefulness of our surroundings. We live in paradise and would love to share with you and your family. We would like to welcome you to the good life.
To see the different listing look under our picture there is a “my other listings" to see the other areas. We can host 28 people with the different accommodations. Our beds sleep 2.
We are located close to the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park, Schnebly Redland's Winery & Brewery, Coral Castle, Fruit & Spice Park, RF Orchids and we are only 24 miles from Key Largo.
Redland, sometimes pluralized The Redlands, is an agricultural community in metropolitan Miami, Florida, United States, about 20 miles (32 km) southwest of Downtown Miami. Many farms, original clapboard homes of early settlers, u-pick'em fields and coral rock walls dot the landscape. It is named for the red clay that dominates the area, on top of a massive layer of oolite rock. The entire area is nourished with pure water from the Biscayne Aquifer.
Redland originated in anticipation of Henry Flagler's railroad when pioneer homesteaders in the early 1900s developed a way of working the difficult soil, called scarifying or plow-breaking. This revolutionary method of agriculture allowed the land there to develop into the "winter greenery basket of America" and the "garden capital of the world". The center of town was located near Redland Road and Bauer Drive.