About this listing
A spacious studio on the lower floor (first floor) of this elevated 1899 beautifully restored San Francisco Victorian classic. Bursting with amenities, this studio begs to pamper the independent traveler or couple. With a plush queen-sized bed and separate sleeper sofa, the studio sleeps up to 3.
Bay windows give both plenty of natural light and privacy while overlooking a small front garden. In addition to a spacious and luxurious bathroom with classic claw foot tub, the studio is fully loaded with a new washer, dryer, dishwasher, toaster, microwave and satellite television. Wi-fi is also included.
Ideal for gourmands, the kitchen is fully loaded with a six-burner gas range & stove, a temperature-controlled wine cooler, and a new refrigerator. Bring back fresh produce from any of the many local farmers' markets, and share a meal with friends to experience another of San Francisco's treasures -- its palette.
At the heart of the City, you're steps from Dolores Park, surrounded by classic San Francisco architecture, the last of the independent theaters, local artists, some of the best food in the USA, and the easiest place to catch a bus, train or taxi in SF.
**The Studio has its own private entrance and does not share any common space with the upper flat. The whole lower level flat is part of the Studio and does not share anything with upper flat.
The Studio guest has access to the front yard and the whole lower level including the hallway which is part of the studio, nothing is shared with the upper flat.
Interaction with Guests
I try to be active in meeting guests for them to check in, however, there is also a lockbox for self check in in case I am not available or out of town. The housekeeper can also be contacted for any issues.
Very local feel with great restaurants, cafes, and bars, Dolores Park on a nice sunny afternoon, Bi-Rite grocery and ice creamery, The Castro, Castro Theatre...... There are too many good things about the neighborhood, the list can be endless.
BART and Muni are within walking (website hidden)
*********Be kind to the environment and remember to turn off lights and television when not in use.***************
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A.M. PST
2. This is absolutely a NON SMOKING home. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
3. Pets are not permitted in this home.
4. No Daily Maid Service - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not
included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate.
5. No damage shall be done to the flat or its contents.
Any damaged or missing items will be charged to credit card.
6. All rubbish should be placed in dumpster bins, and soiled dishes are placed in the
dishwasher and cleaned. Recycling is now mandatory in SF. Please use blue bin for recycling (bins
are located on side of house outside)
7. Flat should be kept in an orderly manner and left in an orderly manner.
8. All keys are returned to owner or representative.
9. No linens or towels are lost or damaged.
10. No items belonging to property shall be taken off property at any time.
11. Keep noise to a minimal level.
12. No house parties unless Navin is invited.
13. Please no wet towels or clothing on wooden furniture or wooden floors.
14. Please no stains on rugs or upholstered furniture.
15. Please use coasters for drinks, especially on wood surfaces!
16. Please do not move the furniture from its place.
17. Plumbing is very very sensitive! Toilet Paper only in the Toilets! ($150 CHARGE
FOR PLUMBER) Please inform all members of this!!!
18. Please place all used towels and bed sheets in laundry room before check-out.
19. Please start at least one load of laundry so as to give cleaning lady enough time to have home
ready for next guest.
20. Women (and some men), please no stilettos on the hardwood and softwood floors.
22. Please be considerate of the walls,
softwood floors, and furniture when handling luggage.
- location in Castro near bus and MUNI,
- cosy studio,
- comfortable bed
- washing and drying machines
- no clean up of the room before we arrive at 4.00 pm, e.g we had to remove bins and clean the bathroom by ourselves;
- the owner never answered our SMS and phone messages to get the room cleaned;
- windows and floors were very very dirty,
- the street is very noisy and there no isolation of the window. You also here everything that is happening on the upper floor (tv, discussions...)
- the house should be renovated
To conclude: we had globally a good time because of the location, but the very high price is not aligned with the service quality needed.
Overall, the place was pretty great, the only thing lacking was the bedding--but overall that's a minor thing.
The pictures represent what you'll find, and although parking is on the street, you can park 7p - 10a without having to move. Perfectly fine for me.
One nice thing about this place is that you're only a 15 minute walk from weird food on Mission Street. I even walked all the way to Sightglass on 20th. Very convenient location.
Awesome studio - great location, very comfortable, great kitchen. No issues at all. Navin was very responsive and even checked-in from Africa to make sure things were going well. Excellent option for all.
Beautiful little studio in the heart of San Francisco. The place was clean and very modern. Navi's instructions were very clear and I had a great time. I would consider staying again.
A lovely stay in the Mission district, a touch of quiet in a hectic start up city. Lots of fun had, with Bi-rite ice creamery only a block away.
Excellent apartment in a beautiful neighborhood. Very responsive when booking.
This host has 25 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews