A romantic apartment where you can relax after the long walks along the streets and the visits to the beauties of Amsterdam - we are at less than 1.5 km from the center.
Begin your morning with a delicious breakfast, with main ingredients homemade cakes - "panna cotta", "tiramisú", or a sponge cake, (organic) cookies, juice, coffee and thee, toasted slices of bread with cheese, salami or jam, fruit, "pannekoeken" with jam or cheese, and various types of yoghurt. But these are just some samples. Our breakfast is amazing.
Enjoying your breakfast in the dining room overlooking the Rembrandtpark.
Fresh flowers, chocolates and fresh fruit will always be present in your bright and silent room.
Breakfast + the following services are included in the price:
- Fresh flowers
- Fresh fruit
- Different pillows
- Free bike - till 29-02-2012 we can offer only 1 bike.
FROM 1-'3-2012 WE OFFER 2 BIKES FREE/GRATIS.
(bike only for stays 3 nights onwards, deposit of 150 € each bike)
- towels and sheets
- cleaning of the room
- soap and shampoo
- use of fax (on request and subject to the contribution of 1 € per page)
- use of phone (only areas at no cost. e.g. United States, Ireland, Canada, Australia)
Comments on the area:
"De Baarsjes is very much on the rise as an up-and-coming neighborhood with a population that is both young and multicultural. Situated remarkably close to the city centre and with plenty of green, the area is attractive for families, artists and young professionals alike."
"De Baarsjes is remarkably close to the city centre. It’s not only minutes away from Vondelpark, but it also has its own green and rambling Rembrandtpark."
"Off the commercial shopping boulevard Jan Evertsenstraat there’s an open air market on Vespuccistraat. An active policy of creating ‘cultural breeding grounds’ has seen the rise of such multifunctional arts centres such as Het Sieraard and Meneer de Wit, as well as the gallery street, Witte de Withstraat, all of whom work closely with the community on arts and culture projects."
How many public transport? tram n. 13, 7, 17. Bus (phone number hidden). But take in consideration the bike (more fast; more cheap; more freedom)
How many minutes to arrive where I desire? At maximum 19 minutes or less.
- Leidseplein, Leidsestraat, Max Euweplein: 11 min with tram n. 7 from Mercatorplein.
- Weteringcircuit (close to the Pijp and Heineken Experience): 13 min with tram n. 7 from Mercatorplein.
- Spiegelstraat (close to Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum: 12 min with tram n. 7 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 15 minutes (3.25 km) if you go by bike every year you save 8 trees
- Central Station: 19 min. with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 19 minutes (4,1 km) if you go by bike every year you save 10 trees
- Dam Square: 15 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 16 minutes (3.4 km) if you go by bike every year you save 8 trees
- Anna Frank House (stop Westermarkt): 13 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 13 minutes (3 km) if you go by bike every year you save 7 trees
- Westermarkt (Monday morning: 9.00 am - 1.00 pm. A market on the street. Often goods from shop closures, slightly defected products from the factories and shoes in strange sizes are sold here. Some of them willbear the biggest fashion names and these are authentic products). During the market a café near the church on the corner of Westerstraat and Noordermarkt (Café Winkel, Noordermarkt 43, opens on Monday at 7.00 a.m.) sells very good coffee and apple pie.: 13 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein.
- De Joordan (stop: Rozengracht): 11 min. with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein.
- Spuistraat (stop: De Dam). The shopping center: 15 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein.
Market very close to our house:
there is a market open form monday till saturday where you can buy fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers or simply good bread. It si Ten Kate Markt. 5 Minutes with tram 17 (stop: Tenkatestraat) from Hoofdweg.
We met Ilario, Alberto's friend. He was very nice, welcoming and attentive. The house was really cosy and we had a lovely time there. Ilario was helpful, breakfast was good and the house is well situated; not too far from the city center.
Marie-Claire Lavigueur and Alexander
This was my first trip to Amsterdam and my first time using airbnb. From booking to our departure it was a pleasant experience. Alberto was a wonderful host. We didn't spend much time in his home since we were there as tourists but it was very cozy during the our two day stay. The house is clean, the room is comfortable and Alberto serves up a fantastic breakfast each morning. I would love to stay here again on a future visit.
Great breakfast (soy milk and soy milk choko for vegans), clean rooms and very friendly hosts.
Alberto and Ilario's apartment is charming, quirky and comfortable! We stayed in the "Romantic" bedroom and were very pleased with it's super cozy bed, cleanliness and wonderful sunlight and balcony. Alberto was a lovely host (Ilario was away for most of our stay, but he too is a kind man) and was eager to answer our questions, offer advice about the city and make good recommendations. He was always accessible and very friendly - he even baked us some meringues! And the breakfast each morning was quite a display. If you stay here you will have full access to your bedroom, the bathroom and the dining room (during breakfast hours, 8-10am). Alberto provided us with shampoo, toiletries and towels as well.
The location is just secluded enough from the downtown insanity of a zillion bikes and people, but it is a very short Tram/bike ride to all the major attractions and areas. This was our first time in Amsterdam and we thought the location was perfect and very scenic - especially considering the front door is directly across from a sprawling, lush public park. It is very quiet and safe.
The fact that we were given access to bikes during our stay was in some ways the best part. Having a bike to get around seemed crucial and we had so much fun riding everywhere all day and night!! I very much recommend staying here, you won't regret it!
they were perfect hosts
The reservation was canceled 3 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Alberto's is a friendly and great host who's knows exactly how to treat their guests. He very helpful with tips and recommendation and can help you with trip plannings. Room is typical Amsterdam size small, but enough for light travellers. Wonderful breakfast is served everyday!
From now on, Alberto's appartment will always rime with Paradise in my mind... I felt spoiled like a Queen (you should see his breakfast table, it looks like a Christmas table... covered with so many delicious stuff...). The ambiance was magic. The bike that was at my disposal made me discover Amsterdam in a very interesting way. Well, this address was a blessing :-) Thank you so much for all the little attentions, the nice welcome and all the rest.
If you plan to go to Amsterdam, don't hesitate anymore: this is a great address !!!
A lovely romantic room for two, with Alberto as a charming host. Lovely quiet location near gardens, and a charming and clean place to stay. Excellent breakfast spread full of Dutch delights.
A wonderful place with two special persons: Alberto and Ilario. Everything was perfect starting from the great breakfast, bicycles and finishing with a lot of surprises and little expedients that will color the day.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.