About this listing
*We have on-site parking available at this property for a fee of $10 per night (subject to availability). Guests are required to indicate if they will need on-site parking before they make a reservation.
The Palisades Plush is a delightful private 1 bedroom apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. This lower level apartment was recently gutted and renovated so everything is new. It has a queen bed in the bedroom and a modern sofa that folds flat to a second double bed. The studio can accommodate up to 4 guests.
Unique amenities include full kitchen with dishwasher, newly renovated striking bath with oversized shower, new front loading washer and dryer in your unit. There is a sitting area with a modern white leather sofa and leather easy chair with ottoman facing a wall mounted flat screen HDTV. In the open area you will find a large dining table for four with new white leather chairs. You have a private off street parking just steps away from your entrance and outdoor seating on the in the front of the building on the shared porch and patio where you can relax after a day of sightseeing.
Located in the safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
Rate includes cleaning fees and sales tax when applicable.
* Full kitchen.
* Private entrance
* Washer/dryer in your apartment.
* High speed internet and WIFI.
* Flatscreen wall mounted HDTV with cable service.
* Iron, ironing board, blow dryer, small vacuum cleaner.
* One off-street parking space at the building & unrestricted street parking behind the block.
* Steps from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all the interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee and other conveniences are located on your block.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Capital Crescent bike trail and Fletcher's Boathouse.
NOTE: This is a mixed-use building, the owner's music studio is in front half so you may hear their piano students practicing from 3 to 9pm Monday thru Friday and on Saturday 10am to 5pm. There are no classes during the Summer months.
AirBnB will price the room for you. The base price is for 2 people sharing the bed. For parties of more than 2 people there is a very comfortable sleeper sofa that can accommodate up to 2 more guests for an additional $20/night.
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
* Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, convenience store, pharmacy, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS, yoga studio, churches and community library.
* Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, George Washington University's Mt Vernon Campus, and the French and German Embassies as well as Georgetown University Hospital and Sibley Hospital.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
D6, D5 Metro Bus - easy access to Georgetown and downtown
Other Things to Note
*Please note that stays over 14 nights require guests pay for an in-stay cleaning ($45). A 30 night stay would require 2 in-stay cleanings, etc.
We have on-site parking available at this property for a fee of $10 per night (subject to availability). Guests are required to indicate if they will need on-site parking before they make a reservation.
No smoking inside the building please.
Please turn down or off the air conditioning and heating whenever you leave the apartment.
Enjoy your stay and let is know what we can do to improve your experience.
Departure is 10am. If you have a late flight let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Wash any dirty dishes and put away.
It would be very helpful if you would start a load of towels washing before your departure. (They take so long to dry!)
Ensure that the apartment is securely locked up and return the keys to the owner
when you depart.
About the Host, Charlotte
My business is LUXbnb, we offer short-stay properties in wonderful neighborhoods in Northwest Washington including those areas in high demand by visitors, i.e. DuPont Circle, Georgetown, Palisades and Capitol Hill. We offer studios to full homes for stays of 4 nights up to 8 months. Let us know your travel plans and we will find the best fit for your needs. Be generous and share the knowledge of LUXbnb, your source for short-stay rentals in Washington, with your friends, family adn colleagues.
Our latest addition are vacation properties for Washingtonians. See the Washington Vacations section on our website for homes in the nearby mountains. Take a few days away from the bustle of the city to explore our bucolic countryside little changed over the past 2 to 3 centuries. Visit wineries and orchards, significant Civil War battlefields and historic towns, hike the Apalachian Trail or follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers by visiting their homes. There is plenty to do that beckons you to leave the city for a weekend or a week.
A bit about me...I am a former Californian who, after 12 years in DC, is now an honorary Washington native. Being well traveled both domestically and internationally has given me a great appreciation for the enrichment contact with others brings to our experience. I am well-versed on the "must-see" sights, monuments and museums of our culturally rich city, along with the unique experiences your find only in Washington. We share that insight with our guests in our property Welcome Guides which we send upon confirmation.
We very much enjoy hosting visitors to our Nation's Capital and ensuring that they are able to make the most of their visit.
Your short-stay source in Washington.