This stylish, newly renovated lower level studio apartment is in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. It features a private exterior entrance, new kitchenette with granite counters, a new bath with shower, and its own laundry room. It has a queen sized Murphy Bed that flips up out of the way if you need more room during the day. There is a seating area for 2-4.
There are 4 apartments in this renovated townhouse that can be interconnected and accommodate parties of 8 to 14.
NOTE: This is a mixed-use building; the owner's music studio is in front half so you may hear their piano students practicing from 3 to 9pm Monday thru Friday and on Saturday 10am to 5pm. There are no classes during the Summer months.
• All new kitchenette: coffee maker, refrigerator, ceramic cooking top, toaster, toaster oven and microwave, place settings for 4.
• Private entrance
• New bathroom with shower
• New Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in your apartment.
• Free WIFI.
• Flat-screen wall mounted HDTV with cable service.
• Iron, ironing board, blow dryer
• A variety of restaurants, Starbucks Coffee and boutiques
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, convenience store, pharmacy, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS, yoga studio, churches and community library.
• Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
• An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, George Washington University's Mt Vernon Campus, and the French and German Embassies as well as Georgetown University Hospital and Sibley Hospital.
• Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$657 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1970 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
My husband and I have stayed at the MacArthur Blvd address several times and have been impressed by the accommodations as well as the friendliness of the owner of the building, Matthias. The apartments are beautifully furnished and the neighborhood has many good restaurants. Shopping is convenient and parking! Parking! Parking! Behind the unit is priceless! Because my husband has been working part time for the DOD, he stayed three and a half weeks this past time....it is so convenient to have laundry facilities and a friendly host! We will definitely want to come back!
I had a really nice stay at the Sanctuary. My home was private, clean and comfortable. The bathroom is, I think, recently renovated and very elegant. The washer and dryer are huge and work flawlessly. The kitchen is spacious and well stocked. And the bed is very comfy.
The only drawback for me was that I didn't have a car and the Palisades aren't connected by train to the city center. I had to rely on the D6 bus which didn't come very often in the mornings or evenings.
But it was worth it to me to have a nice and affordable apartment to myself. I recommend this home highly.
The hosts were incredibly kind and helpful, they made our entire stay extremely easy and comfortable. Checking in and out were done smoothly too. The apartment itself was perfectly clean, big enough for the two of us; I just wish we could actually live there :) The neighborhood was silent and perfect for walking around, we could find several nice restaurants just a few steps from the place. Supermarkets are not so far either. I would strongly recommend booking their house for people who want to spend their nights and weekends away from the busy city center but still need to go there every weekday: it's just 20 minutes by bus ;) Thank you Charlotte for everything!
Staying in someone's else place can seem uncomfortable, but Charlotte is great about two things: matching or beating any experience I've had in a hotel, and impressing me with the speed and detail of her communication.
The owner of this place, Matthias, was great about connecting with us as well. The apartment was spotless, stocked with the basics, and had laundry machines (a major plus). Even with these amenities, I might've chosen another place had it not been for the parking spot; this is hard to find in DC. I'd recommend Charlotte & Matthias to any traveler.
Charlotte's apartment was very attractive and convenient,in a very pleasant area of Washington DC.Charlotte provided a wealth of information to us before our arrival, which was extremely helpful.We found the wasshing machine and dryer in the apartment very convenient especially when there was rain.Having Matthias on the premises was very helpful-he was very friendly , ready to help and proved us with lots of information. The bus ride to downtown DC (15-20 minutes) was sometimes inconvenient.
I stayed here for 5 days and it was a great experience. The studio had everything that I needed and it was clean. Wifi and cable worked perfectly. The neighborhood was very safe and quiet, and it took me only 15 minutes to get to Georgetown.
The host of this studio is Matthias and he was very kind and helpful. I definitely recommend this place!