Family Ski Home in Snowmass Village; Private and peaceful Among the Aspen & Pines Trees; 5 min from slopes. 3Br, 3Ba sleeps 8+. Recently remodeled!
Winter or summer, Snowmass is truly 'Magic in the trees'. Our house is located off Faraway road, surrounded by the peaceful falling of snow (in winter) and fluttering of aspen leaves (Spring/summer/fall) through the Aspens and tall pines. My family spent many a vacation and several whole years in this unforgettable place!
The house could fit 2 families, or 3 couples. It has 3 levels:
Upstairs is kitchen and living area with large stone fireplace and 20 foot (7M) beamed ceilings, and outdoor deck.
- master bedroom with walk-in closet and private bath room with shower
- 2nd bedroom with 2 beds (can be combined), and second bath w/ tub/shower
Downstairs is a large bedroom has 2 singles and 2 bunks, and a third bath with tub/shower. Full Laundry facilities are downstairs.
In addition to skiing/boarding, there's an endless supply of activities in Aspen and Snowmass. Check online more info.
All flooring, baths, kitchen and paint were completely replaced in 2009. All new kitchen appliances, including 5 burner gas range and oven, dishwasher, and deluxe refrigerator. All bathrooms have new tile, flooring, baths, sinks and fixtures
4wd recommended for driveway in winter.
Interaction with Guests
We live out of town, but have a local property manager who can handle anything that comes up.
What can you do on vacation here?
In Winter of course there's world-class downhill skiing, snow boarding, cross-country and back-country skiing.
In Summer, there's even more to do!!! Here's a taste of what we did this summer (with kids 9, 12, and 14):
- Tons of hiking &biking
- Aspen Rec Center: Ice rink, 3-story climbing wall, water park with 100meter water slide (Snowmass has rec cen with pool too).
- Visit the Glenwood Adventure park, with mile-long natural underground cave tour, bungee jumping, 'alpine sled' (like a personal racecar on roller coaster track - very cool!), Canyon swing, climbing wall, trapeeze trampolines, etc. etc. 45 min drive down the valley to Glenwood Springs.
- Whitewater rafting on the Roaring fork river. Even my wife had to admit, this was the best part of the trip!
- Rent a 'downhill mountain bike' for the thrill of your life: Take the gondola up (about $40/person/day) to Cafe Suzanne - with your bike -- Have an awesome hamburger, and then ride down the exciting trail to the village again
- Or, just hang out on the deck surrounded by the woods:
In summer, the back deck is quite possibly the most peaceful place on earth. You are completely surrounded by woods. Read a book, listen to music, or just zone out listening to the fluttering of Aspen leaves in the breeze. You won't get this experience in a condo!
Walk out the back deck to directly access the hiking trails:
- Powerline trail that takes you over to Elk Camp and the Government trail (that goes all the way from the Snowmass Village to Aspen).
- Tom Blake trail (Awesome for mountain biking with the kids - mostly traverses over soft ground, 1 creek crossing) traverses into Owl Creek and connects with the paved bike path.
The kids can explore the woods and build forts. It's heaven!
4wd recommended for driveway in winter.
If you don't have/rent a car, there is a subsidised taxi service for the areas outside the bus/shuttle (e.g. Faraway road where our house is located). From town of snowmass website: For just $1 High Mountain Taxi will pickup/deliver you to the slopes, or almost any location in Snowmass Village. Call 30 minutes before departure to arrange a pick up. Dial-A-Ride runs from 8:00am - 9:00pm, and 'late night' 1AM-2AM. (subsidised by City of Snowmass Village). In addition to getting to the slopes to ski, you can also take this to the Snowmass village and then catch the shuttle bus into Aspen. (Buses and/or regular taxi rates apply for airport, Aspen, or other destinations).
No boots (especially ski boots) in living area - it will ruin the floors/finishes - so please leave them in the entry area.