About This Listing
Quaint and private downstairs unit on the sand in the heart of Carlsbad Village. A moments walk to restaurants and shops. Beautiful Sunsets!! A cozy one bedroom w/kitchen & bathroom. Private balcony and pathway to the sand. Sorry no pets or parties.
Welcome to the Beach Box
Make yourself at home… In doing so, please treat our place with respect.
Please review our guidelines and sign our guestbook.
Clean up after yourself!!!
Keep the sand outside! It belongs on the beach; rinse if necessary.
Please use the tables to eat on. Don’t let your kids eat on the couch or floor.
No horseplay in the house please; Go outside!
Recycle… and leave no trace on the beach.
Absolutely no smoking inside or on the balcony.
If you must smoke, please do so downstairs by the fire pit and dispose of butts in the white bucket.
Checking out of the Beach Box
Remove your food items from the refrigerator and wipe up any spills.
Do all of your dishes.
Empty all of your trash into the bins inside the courtyard.
Make sure you have all of your personal belongings… Check again.
Lock the front door and place the key back into the lockbox.
(You must enter your code to open it, and again to close it)
Thanks for staying with us and for doing your part!
Hope you had a blast!!!
My boyfriend & I spent a week here in June and enjoyed our stay. A few details about the rental, from our perspective:
- Wonderful oceanfront view!
- Great location - walking distance to shops & restaurants, and you're right on the beach.
- Thoughtful details in apartment: beach towels, binoculars, cooler, dishes, extra blankets, etc.
- Reasonable nightly rate
- Comfy bed
- Steep path to the beach - might be rough for some people
- Awkward shower - bit of a quirky complaint, but the shower head is in the far corner of two walls & doesn't move much, and there's NO water pressure, so unless you're a contortionist, you'll have a little trouble getting clean.
- During our visit, there was construction next door (immediately outside "our" front door), so the atmosphere indoors was extremely noisy and less than relaxing. Also, the workers put some tools/etc. on our steps, so we had to maneuver around them to get to the beach.
- No designated parking, & parking is very limited since it is/was the beach in the summertime.
- Hosts were mostly unresponsive - didn't respond to question about parking before arrival, inquiry about a possible early check-in, etc. I was asked to notify them when I arrived, and did so, but never heard anything back. It was just a show yourself in/show yourself out situation. I'm mostly okay with being left alone, but if you're looking for an engaging/responsive host, or have multiple questions about the rental, this isn't the rental for you.
It might look like the cons outweighed the pros in this case, but overall, we enjoyed our stay and recommend it if you're looking for something oceanfront in the area. The beach was always full of people to watch and things to do, so if you're looking for a lazy/relaxing beach vibe, either look elsewhere or come during the off-season - if there is such a thing in California. :)
This was our first Airbnb experience and it turned out to be an amazing weekend! Check in & out was very easy. Drew met us when we arrived to show us around and he was very friendly! The location of the Beach Box is excellent. It's right on the beach with an amazing ocean view. You can actually see the waves crashing as you are lying in bed. The kitchen has everything you need and I was able to bake my husband a birthday cake with ingredients that I brought from home. Having coffee and breakfast on the balcony each morning was so calm and relaxing. We didn't want to leave!
Thank you very much Drew & Amber. This was the perfect spot to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We will be looking forward to our next stay at the Beach Box!
We loved our stay in the beach house! We came to town from Wisconsin to photograph a clients wedding and we were able to relax and truly unwind and enjoy the rest of our time there because of this adorable little house. Everything was as described. It was and incredible location, we LOVE Carlsbad, especially Carlsbad Village, so it was just perfect. We saw tons of dolphins every day, which shocked us! We had a couple of bonfires on the porch while watching the sunsets and gazing up at the stars. We went to the local farmers market, which is highly recommended!
We were also able to meet Drew and chat with him for a while upon our arrival. He's a great guy and we really enjoyed getting to know him briefly and chat about each others' travels. The only minor complaint we had was a slight lack of communication, but beyond that, everything was wonderful! We strongly recommend staying here to anyone and everyone!
We really hope to be back one day! We wish we could just live there!
Amber and Drew's home is the perfect little hideaway! We enjoyed a week at the house which is in the perfect location to enjoy beachfront views and within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The house was exceptionally clean and in a quiet location. We are new to Airbnb and the hosts were very accommodating to requests and questions about checking in.
It was our first Airbnb experience and turned out to be an amazing stay.
The communication with Drew&Amber was very smooth, and they were always quick to respond to my questions. Check in&out was very easy, and the information provided on booklet and instruction in the house were simple yet very helpful.
The location of their cute beach house was superb. Being just right on the beach, we had entire ocean view to ourselves, just a few steps to be on the sandy beach while very close to the center of the town where you can find many nice shops and restaurants.
They have full kitchen and complementary coffee (organic, whole bean) . We were able to watch dolphins with a cup of coffee in the morning from the balcony...and of course didn't want to leave.
Thank you very much Drew & Amber.
We would definitely want to stay at your place when we visit Carlsbad next time.
Drew and Amber are the greatest!! The description of the condo and cleanliness was on point! Felt like our home away from home. The view I'd breathtaking!! Wildlife close enough to see and enjoy but far enough away that it won't bother you if you decide to get in the water. Local restaurants, pubs and shops are all within walking distance. we will be returning before too long! Thank you again!!