About this listing
Cozy room with comfy double bed in charming flat with 2 friendly cats, right in town centre, next to all major attractions (Las Ramblas, Gothic Quarter, beach, Sagrada Familia, etc)., free fibre-optic broadband connection and basic breakfast
Hello there travelers! We rent out a simple but cozy double bedroom in our spacious flat right in town centre. The room has a huge double bed and is suitable for single travelers or for a couple.
We will provide you with clean bedding and towels and will share a spacious living room, kitchen and bathroom.
Please feel free to use all the common rooms or prepare your own meals in the kitchen. We do provide you with some basic breakfast such as fruit and cereals. You can also use the free WIFI.
Our flat is right next to the Mercado de Santa Catarina in the fashionable "Born" area and right in the middle of most attractions. Our multicultural neighborhood is full of small shops, restaurants and bars and next to the famous Gothic quarter. The metro station "Jaume 1" is a 3 minutes walk away from where you can go straight to La Sagrada Familia or La Barceloneta beach. Placa Catalunya is a 10 minute walk away, from where you can take the direct bus to the airport.
We do also have two friendly cats, Tiger and Ashi, who will be happy to welcome you!
Pd: Before making an inquiry we would very much appreciate that your profile is complete and that you have a picture and a brief description of yourself (your age, interests, etc). We hope you do understand that after all this is the place we permanently live in. Thanks!
We will share the bathroom and you are free to prepare your own meals in the kitchen or make yourself comfortable in the living room.
Interaction with Guests
As we work almost the whole day, during the week we are only at home in the evenings. On the weekends we enjoy being at home but if theres nice weather we will also go out or go out fior a drink in the evening. We like respecting our guests private atmosphere and vice versa, but of course are happy to share moments together with our guests if they want to.
In our neighborhood you will find a mix of fashion, bohemian and historical atmosphere. it is a multi-cultural neighbourhood, where you will see a lot of people of moroccan and caribbean origin. You will find a lot of bars, restaurants and little shops, and also some nice museums and historic buildings, so we definitely think its a nice area to stay at!
The metro Jaume 1 (yellow line) is a 3 minute walk away from our flat and brings you almost everywhere in the city. There are also several buses you can take and the tourist sightseeing bus also departs from near the Cathedral. Alternatively you can rent a bike in the nearby bike rental places or just walk if you like walking as everything is pretty much nearby :-).
Other Things to Note
1. Please note that we will only consider inquiries of people with a full profile (full visible picture and a short description of yourself :). Thanks alot for your understanding!
2. For summer guests: Please note that we do not have air conditioning in the house, we will however provide you with a fan in the room which should help to cool down. Also, the noise level here in Spain is probably higher than what you are used to, so please take this into account when you book.
3. Check-in and check-out time: Please note that check-in and check-out times are orientative. Please discuss with us before your arrival day the check-in hour. Thanks alot!
Hi there! We know it should not be about listing and endless set of rules as we think that using the common sense should be enough, however, in order to really ensure both of us will have a pleasant cohabitation, we would be happy if you could give a quick read through our "general guidelines" before making a reservation:
- Please bear in mind that only the number people mentioned in the reservation request shall stay in the room (maximum 2). If you want to bring other daytime visitors into the flat please ask us before.
- If you want to smoke please do so in the balconies outside only.
- Please feel free to come and go whenever you want, but if you come late at night please always respect ours and others' neighbors sleep and rest at night
- Checkout shall be, if not agreed otherwise with us, before 11 am.
- We will provide you with clean bed linen and towels.
- You can use the washing and drying machine at an extra cost of 2,50 € each.
- Please feel free to use the kitchen and the basic food there is such as water, coffee, sugar and tea. You can also use the shampoo and shower gel we provide for our guests in the bathroom.
- Please bear in mind that we live in a 4th floor without elevator.
- Please also remember that we have two quite energetic cats in the house, so you definitely should be a cat lover (or at least not a cat hater! :)
- We will give you one set of keys to enter the house, but if you loose them we do request a penalty fee of 10 Euros.
Thanks a lot for your understanding and help with keeping our shared apartment nice and clean!
Anna and Marco have been really nice and helpful from the beginning of our stay. The location of the apartment is perfect and the description totally matches the reality. We had no issues during our 5 nights stay and we really enjoyed it ! I definitely recommend this apartment if you want to enjoy your time in Barcelona ;)
Hemos pasado de maravillas en Barcelona; la casa es muy linda y nos hemos sentido muy comodos durante nuestra estancia alli.
El departamento tiene una buena ubicacion que te permite manejarte caminando o en metro, el cual se encuentra cerca.
Thanks to Anna & Marcos and their lovely cats!
We had a great time in Barcelona. The apartment is very comfortable, clean and well situated. In a few minute walk you have everything you need. We enjoyed playing with Tiger and Ashi every time before going to sleep. :-)
I can highly recommend this acommodation, I always would come back!
Hi Anna, thanks for tour welcome. We enjoy your flat and it's perfect location and all your advices for going out. The room was very nice and the bed so confortable!
Anna, Marcos, Tiger and Ashi were all very welcoming hosts. The room is private and quiet and the bed very comfy. The apartment is very well located with some good places to eat nearby. Thank you for a lovely stay. We hope to see you again on our next visit to Barcelona.
We had a great week and perfect conditions for our stay in Barcelona:)
Anna and Marcos provided a very clear description of how to reach the place, map and book about the places to visit - it was very useful.
Since we love walking, location of the apartment right in the center of Barcelona was an excellent choice.
Thanks Anna and Marcos for hosting us. Not forgetting their lovely cats that made our trip more interesting and enjoyable. The place is clean and with strategic location to some of the tourist attractions. They are very kind to recommend some good foods around so we get to sample some good cuisine in Barcelona. They are very helpful and attentive! Highly recommended!
About the Host, Anna
Hello there, we are Anna and Marcos, a German-Spanish couple from Madrid, now living in Barcelona! We both love traveling and meeting new people from all over the world and would love to welcome you in our place soon and make you feel like staying at home. I consider myself a quite international person having lived in 8 different countries and speak fluent German, Spanish, English and a bit of French so please ask me if you have ANY questions regarding your stay! I also rent out the beautiful Villa of my parents located in the Tropical Valley of Almuñecar, Spain.