About This Listing
This ancient family villa has a self contained apartment that has been restored to perfection.
Spacious and full of light this spacious apartment comforably sleeps 6: one bedroom, 2 double sofa bed in the big sala.
In the kitchen you have a Pizza old oven.
This unique apartment includes a garden and a huge terrace with stunning ocean views across the bay of Naples - Capri and Ischia are in plain view
. Nestled in the hills near Sorrento this home is a private oasis but also easily accessible to the bustle of nearby Amalfi coast towns. Furthermore, the adjacent home can also be rented thus accomodating a total of 18 people (another 12 places to sleep).
From the house you can walk to the seaside, renting a boat for a magic trip around the beautiful bays and beaches, reaching Capri island in 30 minutes, either to Nerano bay, where you can taste the famous Maria Grazia pasta with zucchine , or Positano and Amalfi.......
SITA Bus Stop is out of the gate (50 mt), to go to Sorrento harbour to get to Capri or to the Circumvesuviana station to Pompei/Amalfi.
A grocery and a restaurant are in a walking distance (300 mt)
The main village is 500 mt far from the house (down from the hill)
Garden Tennis Club is not far from us......
A private car with a driver is available for transfer from Naples/Sorrento station or Rome/ Naples airport, either daily trip to Positano/Amalfi/Ravello.
I took all the suggestion/comments from my guests to improve my property day by day!!!!
Extra payment for heater since October until April: we take together the number on the counter at your arrival and you pay separately on your departure.
(3,99 euro for m3)
I put the wifi repeater, now it works perfectly!!!!!
Stefania è un proprietario di casa eccezionale. Sempre gentile e disponibile. All'inizio pensavamo che avere il proprietario di casa nelle vicinanze non ci permettesse di essere liberi per invitare persone o organizzare cene ed invece è stato un vero piacere. All'arrivo c'era un problema con il wireless che ha risolto in meno di un'ora facendo arrivare subito il tecnico e spesso ci ha invitato per un caffè o per uno snack.
L'anno prossimo tornare da Stefania sarà sicuramente un must!
This truly is an ancient Italian villa, and an experience. Four of us enjoyed the views, the steep walk down into the village to buy groceries from local shops, and dining at the large family table overlooking the patio and the sea. Stefania is lovely, and very helpful about offering extra items from her own kitchen for cooking. Don't expect modern, this is an old stone house refitted. The neighbors can be noisy, and the wifi does not work, but if you are looking for something really different, this is it. The villa is comfortable, and you feel right at home.
The house is great. It's situated on the cliff and you have a wonderful view of the sea and Capri.
I would love to have had a more accurate description, just so that we don't get surprised when we check in.
1. Internet isn't working. Due to the nature of the construction, there's no way in the world you'll be able to connect to the Wifi from within the apartment unless the host installs a Wifi repeater. The Wifi from the main house cannot be received anywhere except the main house.
2. Privacy depends on the other guests in the house. Of us, it's not a big deal. We're traveling with 3 kids and we can compete with anyone over who makes more noise. However, if you're looking for a quiet getaway, you might be turned off by the traffic from the main house. To reach their house, they have to cross your terrace, which happens to give a prefect view of the entire apartment. When we stayed there, our guests were another family, just like us, so this wasn't a problem. We left a day before planned, to avoid sharing this space with a larger group who was checking in.
Stefenia is nice and understanding. She did her best to help with anything we needed. We had a very nice time during this stay.
Stefania est une super hôte. Sa maison est magnifique, avec sa terrasse et sa vue sur ischia. Si vous souhaitez vivre à l'italienne dans un endroit agreable, n'hésitez pas à prendre contact avec stefania, elle est très disponible et vous aurez toutes les indications que vous souhaitez pour un séjour au top.
Nous avons passe de super vacances.
La ringrazia tante
We were really, really excited to get to this apartment - the location looked beautiful and the description sounded great. Stefania, the host, was very nice and friendly. However, the apartment wasn't fully what we expected.
- The location is beautiful. It has an incredible view and an easy (for the area - if you like hills!) walk into the main town of Massa Lubrense. It's also right near the bus stop (which we didn't end up using as we had a car)
- The on-site parking was a huge help
- The bathroom is really cool (it was an old wine cellar)
- The apartment is attached, directly, to the main house which is also rented out, as well as an additional apartment above. There is virtually no privacy, which we were unprepared for. The outdoor eating area, which has a wonderful view, is located about 10 feet from the eating area of the main house, in full view of each other. It got loud with an entire other house full of people eating and drinking literally feet from us. We had hoped to be able to have some quiet meals together alone, but it was impossible.
- In addition, the kitchen door/window looks DIRECTLY onto the outdoor patio of the main house, so they could see directly into our apartment (no curtains!) whenever we were inside.
- The entrance to the main house requires the people renting it to walk directly through the outdoor area of the apartment. Again, virtually no privacy.
- The wifi didn't work when we got there. Luckily, my boyfriend works in IT and was able to fix it. Even then, it was very spotty and ONLY worked if you sat on the outdoor patio (not at all inside the apartment), sitting in a specific place. This was extremely inconvenient.
- The place was extremely difficult to find, even with GPS, which I'm sure is indicative of the area's twisting roads, etc. However, it would have been great to have a bit more detail in directions of how to get here before we were lost on the way (it was easy once we knew what signs to follow, etc.)
- The checkin process was very rushed, so we didn't get a full tour of the place before the host left. We didn't find the plates and flatwear (which was located in a separate room from the kitchen) until the day we left, which was very inconvenient (we were eating out of cookware for our entire stay)
- There was no Air Conditioning, which we knew and was mentioned in the listing. However, there wasn't even a fan in the entire apartment (although there were fans in the main house, which we saw when we fixed the wireless router), and we were unable to get one even when we asked the host on a particularly hot night.
- The patio furniture was broken and unusable
- The listing states that there are two bedrooms, but there is only one. The second bed is in the middle of the living room/kitchen area.
- The listing states there is a washer and dryer available for use, but there is not.
Le prix est beaucoup trop élevé pour la qualité du service et de l'appart. lui-même.Personne pour nous accueillir à notre arrivée et la douche et l'évier de cuisine étaient vraiment bouchés . Nous aurions été
mieux à l'hôtel pour moins cher!
My friends and I (4 of us all together) stayed here for 4 nights -- and fell in love with Stefania's home! The view is beautiful..and you will want to spend at least one day just lounging around the house reading and cooking dinner (and drinking a few bottles of wine). It's pretty easy to get to the little main town, and from there, take the bus to Sorrento. And from there, take the train to Napoli or Pompei -- lots of day trip options if you'd like. You could also just get a boat-taxi to take you around to island (something we didn't have time to do..but will save for next time).
Just down the road from Stefania's home is a little corner shop that has a great selection of fresh produce and pantry items. Amazing tomatoes, fresh mozzarella...it's a crime if you don't try to cook with some of the great food here.
The only issue we had was that we couldn't get the wifi to work..but really, it's not that big of a deal.
Stefania was great -- so responsive to any and all of our questions, so welcoming and accommodating, and just lovely. You'll love it here.
This host has 46 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Stefania
I actually work as financial Consultant in AZIMUT SIM and live in Lecce with my 15 old son and 2 golden retriever dogs.
1 daughter Giuditta is studying in Milan, the other one Maria Francesca is studying in Dresda, father is working in Pisa..........
all of us love sailing, skiing and ......travelling.....
Our Old House in Massa Lubrense is our favourite one because we use to live there, in the countryside in front of the Naples Gulf.....
we spent our best period of life surrounded by a lot of fantastic friends
If you like to taste our favourite meal like Ravioli capresi, trofie al Pesto, clams or mussels pasta, mozzarella cheese and aubergin parmigiana....ask Yuhlia or John to cook for you...........