About this listing
Please read the description before choosing to book! Detached private studio offers a quiet place to recharge within all the hustle and bustle of the city. Sleek decor, plush linens, and a mini-kitchenette make for a restful travel alternative.
Renovation was finished in October 2013 with ultra-quiet heating and cooling unit, separate entrance, dedicated parking for one car, and well-appointed en suite bath.
The kitchenette has a mini fridge, microwave, Nespresso coffee maker, and assorted dinnerware. PLEASE READ description through to the bottom: "Other Things to Note."
Guests have access to a large shady backyard and entertaining area, complete with fire pit for use during the colder months.
Interaction with Guests
We will be present during your stay, but we respect our guests' privacy and recognize that this is often an alternative option for those seeking peace and quiet that they couldn't otherwise get in a hotel. Check-in and check-out are completely self-sufficient and we rarely meet our guests.
Located in the heart of South Congress, this guest studio is a 10-minute walk to all of Soco's famed shopping and restaurants. A quick 5-minute drive, or a walk to the nearby bus stop, will bring you Downtown. This is the ideal spot for travelers looking for peace and quiet in a historic neighborhood with a distinct “South Austin" feel.
The airport is a short 20-minute drive, depending on time of day, and there are bus routes nearby if you're comfortable walking. Austin's bus system is reliable, but we recommend getting a car while you're in town. You will be able to park your car in our driveway during your stay.
Other Things to Note
TELEVISION: There is NO TV in this home.
WIFI: We do not list wifi as an amenity. We do however have wireless Internet (two, actually), an extra router and a wifi signal repeater to enhance the strength but a handful of guests still report issues connecting -- while others have no difficulty streaming videos and movies during their stay. We cannot replicate the issue because our laptops, tablets, and phones (all Apple) connect in the guest house. We even use it as a home office when it's not occupied. AT&T has said the discrepancy has to do with the age of the device and the wireless frequency that people are using from their individual devices.
CHILDREN: This home is not listed as a family-friendly property. No persons under the age of 18 in the studio.
DOGS: We have two friendly dogs but we understand that not everyone is a dog person. They will not be unattended during your stay. While we do have dogs, pets are never allowed in the guest house.
HOT WATER: While the water tank is not shared with the main house, it will run out of hot water if you take a long enough shower. It takes 30 minutes or so to recharge. Please be aware.
ADDITIONAL GUESTS: Up to 2 additional people may be invited onto the property WITH PRIOR NOTIFICATION. They cannot stay the night.
***Strict Cancellation Policy***
1. Please read the description thoroughly before booking.
2. "Why didn't you respond to my 2am call about the wifi being slow?" Because we're sleeping. This is our home, not a hotel! This studio is our in-law suite first, a rental second. We recognize that we are being paid to provide a service: a safe, clean, quiet, and comfortable place to sleep, shower, and store your things during your stay. Please understand that we have jobs, families, and obligations apart from Airbnb. Calls, texts, and emails after 9pm will addressed the next morning.
3. Communication: Please do not bang on our doors or windows to get our attention. The dogs will bark and we have an infant son who is easily woken. We provide our cell number so that you can reach us easily by calling or texting. We also have the Airbnb app loaded onto our cell phones so we can receive message alerts. Please call us with your urgent requests and if we're home, we'll meet you outside immediately.
4. Check-In / Check-Out: Late check-out and early check-in requests need to be determined at the time of booking.
5. Parking: The driveway is yours to park in during your stay. If you would prefer to park on the street in one of the two spots in front of our house, just let us know and we'll move a car to the driveway.
6. Noise: Please be mindful of noise after 8pm if you are in the backyard. Though the yard is wooded and private the sound carries to our neighbors.
7. Additional Guests: You are welcome to bring up two additional guests onto our property with prior notification, however they CANNOT stay the night and must use available street parking.
8. Children: We do not allow persons under the age of 18 to stay in the studio.
9. Fire Pit: When you're done using the fire pit, douse the flames THOROUGHLY (no smoke or steam coming from the pit) with the hose in the back of the guest house and turn off the water when you're done. *Failure to do so will result in the loss of your security deposit.* Texas is dry and failing to watch or properly douse a fire puts you and everyone in our neighborhood at risk.