About this listing
Detached private studio offers a quiet place to recharge within all the hustle and bustle of the city. Sleek decor, plush linens, wifi, and a mini-kitchenette with refreshments make for a restful travel alternative.
Renovation was finished in October 2013 with ultra-quiet heating and cooling unit, separate entrance, dedicated parking for one car, and well-appointed en suite bath.
The kitchenette has a mini fridge, microwave, Nespresso coffee maker, and assorted dinnerware. PLEASE READ description through to the bottom: "Other Things to Note."
Guests have access to a large shady backyard and entertaining area, complete with fire pit during the colder months.
Interaction with Guests
We will be present during your stay, but we respect our guests' privacy and recognize that this is often an alternative option for those seeking peace and quiet that they couldn't otherwise get in a hotel. Check-in and check-out are completely self-sufficient and we rarely meet our guests.
Located in the heart of South Congress, this guest studio is a 10-minute walk to all of Soco's famed shopping and restaurants. A quick 5-minute drive, or a walk to the nearby bus stop, will bring you Downtown. This is the ideal spot for travelers looking for peace and quiet in a historic neighborhood with a distinct “South Austin” feel.
The airport is a short 20-minute drive, depending on time of day, and there are bus routes nearby if you're comfortable walking. Austin's bus system is reliable, but we recommend getting a car while you're in town. You will be able to park your car in our driveway during your stay.
Other Things to Note
There is NO TV in this home.
This home is not listed as a family-friendly property. No persons under the age of 18 in the studio.
There are two dogs on the property that will occasionally be seen chasing tennis balls in the backyard during your stay ☺ They will never be unattended.
While the water tank is not shared with the main house, it will run out of hot water if you take a long enough shower. Please be aware.
Wifi has been reported by a handful guests to be spotty. We have been unable to replicate the issue ourselves, but have purchased a "signal repeater" and have had no complaints since. AT&T believes it has to do with the type of device that is being used to connect.
***Strict Cancellation Policy***
1. Please read the description thoroughly before booking.
2. "Why didn't you respond to my 2am call about the wifi being slow?" Because we're sleeping. This is our home, not a hotel! This studio is our in-law suite first, a rental second. We recognize that we are being paid to provide a service: a safe, clean, quiet, and comfortable place to sleep, shower, and store your things during your stay. Please understand that we have jobs, families, and obligations apart from Airbnb. Calls, texts, and emails after 9pm will addressed the next morning.
3. Communication: Please do not bang on our doors or windows to get our attention. The dogs will bark and we have an infant son who is easily woken. We provide our cell number so that you can reach us easily by calling or texting. We also have the Airbnb app loaded onto our cell phones so we can receive message alerts. Please call us with your urgent requests and if we're home, we'll meet you outside immediately.
4. Check-In / Check-Out: Late check-out and early check-in requests need to be determined at the time of booking.
5. Parking: The driveway is yours to park in during your stay. If you would prefer to park on the street in one of the two spots in front of our house, just let us know and we'll move a car to the driveway.
6. Noise: Please be mindful of noise after 8pm if you are in the backyard. Though the yard is wooded and private the sound carries to our neighbors.
7. Additional Guests: You are welcome to bring up two additional guests onto our property with prior notification, however they CANNOT stay the night and must use available street parking.
8. Children: We do not allow persons under the age of 18 to stay in the studio.
9. Fire Pit: When you're done using the fire pit, douse the flames THOROUGHLY (no smoke or steam coming from the pit) with the hose in the back of the guest house and turn off the water when you're done. *Failure to do so will result in the loss of your security deposit.* Texas is dry and failing to watch or properly douse a fire puts you and everyone in our neighborhood at risk.
Nicole and Chris were respectful of our privacy and responded to messages/inquiries promptly. The listing was generally accurate. The neighborhood was in a great location; it is in a quiet area of the neighborhood but close to South Congress and I-35, providing convenient access to restaurants and bars.
Nicole was prompt and friendly in regards to pre-visit communication.
I had all the information I needed to easily find their place and make myself at home in the cottage. It is on a quiet street and the bed is very comfortable so getting those precious hours of sleep was easy. While it was a typically hot week in August, the air conditioner made it perfectly comfortable and is adjustable to suit individual preferences.
The cottage was clean and had adequate amenities to provide for a comfortable stay. It's in a perfect location; close to everything in south Austin, but close to a highway connecting to other parts of Austin if needed. I will return if I am in Austin again.
Nicole and Chris's place was adorable! We had a wonderful time here. It was very clean and Nicole and Chris were wonderful to communicate with. The location is a short (and very cheap) Uber drive to most places you'd want to go in Austin. I would highly recommend them!
We could not have been happier with our stay at the Cozy South Congress Guest House! The house was just as described and pictured. It was cozy, clean, and felt very welcoming. We felt right at home and looked forward to returning "home" to the guest house after being out and about in Austin all day. The neighborhood was quiet and so conveniently located to downtown Austin. We would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks Nicole & Chris!
This place was perfect for my husband and I for a two night getaway in Austin. Great location, cute decor, clean and air conditioned. Nicole was very responsive and accomodating for our stay :)
We loved our visit at Cozy South Congress Guest House. The room was nicely decorated and well kept. The location was perfect- super close to all the fun South Congress restaurants and shops. We plan on visiting again soon!
The cozy soco apt was just as described, & was perfect for us! Very clean & private.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Nicole & Chris
Nicole is a NYC transplant and Chris is an Austin native. When we're not running around town with our family, we're soaking up the city's food, art, and music scene. We're diehard fans of the Soco neighborhood so when you ask as what to do and see, we're going to be a little biased :-)