About This Listing
Detached private studio offers a quiet place to recharge within all the hustle and bustle of the city. Sleek decor, plush linens, wifi, and a mini-kitchenette with refreshments make for a restful travel alternative.
Renovation was finished in October 2013 with ultra-quiet heating and cooling unit, separate entrance, dedicated parking for one car, and well-appointed en suite bath.
The kitchenette has a mini fridge, microwave, Nespresso coffee maker, and assorted dinnerware. PLEASE READ description through to the bottom: "Other Things to Note."
Guests have access to a large shady backyard and entertaining area, complete with fire pit during the colder months.
Interaction with Guests
We will be present during your stay, but we respect our guests' privacy and recognize that this is often an alternative option for those seeking peace and quiet that they couldn't otherwise get in a hotel. Check-in and check-out are completely self-sufficient and we rarely meet our guests.
Located in the heart of South Congress, this guest studio is a 10-minute walk to all of Soco's famed shopping and restaurants. A quick 5-minute drive, or a walk to the nearby bus stop, will bring you Downtown. This is the ideal spot for travelers looking for peace and quiet in a historic neighborhood with a distinct “South Austin” feel.
The airport is a short 20-minute drive, depending on time of day, and there are bus routes nearby if you're comfortable walking. Austin's bus system is reliable, but we recommend getting a car while you're in town. You will be able to park your car in our driveway during your stay.
Other Things to Note
There is NO TV in this home.
This home is not listed as a family-friendly property. No persons under the age of 18 in the studio.
There are two dogs on the property that will occasionally be seen chasing tennis balls in the backyard during your stay ☺ They will never be unattended.
While the water tank is not shared with the main house, it will run out of hot water if you take a long enough shower. Please be aware.
Wifi has been reported by a handful guests to be spotty. We have been unable to replicate the issue ourselves, but have purchased a "signal repeater" and have had no complaints since. AT&T believes it has to do with the type of device that is being used to connect.
***Strict Cancellation Policy***
1. Please read the description thoroughly before booking.
2. "Why didn't you respond to my 2am call about the wifi being slow?" Because we're sleeping. This is our home, not a hotel! This studio is our in-law suite first, a rental second. We recognize that we are being paid to provide a service: a safe, clean, quiet, and comfortable place to sleep, shower, and store your things during your stay. Please understand that we have jobs, families, and obligations apart from Airbnb. Calls, texts, and emails after 9pm will addressed the next morning.
3. Communication: Please do not bang on our doors or windows to get our attention. The dogs will bark and we have an infant son who is easily woken. We provide our cell number so that you can reach us easily by calling or texting. We also have the Airbnb app loaded onto our cell phones so we can receive message alerts. Please call us with your urgent requests and if we're home, we'll meet you outside immediately.
4. Check-In / Check-Out: Late check-out and early check-in requests need to be determined at the time of booking.
5. Parking: The driveway is yours to park in during your stay. If you would prefer to park on the street in one of the two spots in front of our house, just let us know and we'll move a car to the driveway.
6. Noise: Please be mindful of noise after 8pm if you are in the backyard. Though the yard is wooded and private the sound carries to our neighbors.
7. Additional Guests: You are welcome to bring up two additional guests onto our property with prior notification, however they CANNOT stay the night and must use available street parking.
8. Children: We do not allow persons under the age of 18 to stay in the studio.
9. Fire Pit: When you're done using the fire pit, douse the flames THOROUGHLY (no smoke or steam coming from the pit) with the hose in the back of the guest house and turn off the water when you're done. *Failure to do so will result in the loss of your security deposit.* Texas is dry and failing to watch or properly douse a fire puts you and everyone in our neighborhood at risk.
Thank you to Nicole and Chris for letting my new hire stay at their place on his first visit to Austin. The house is in a cool neighborhood in a great part of town. While I did not personally stay at the house the reviews back to me raved of sheer comfort. Nicole was great to work with and I would happily recommend her place to anyone coming into town. Thanks again!
Had a great stay at Nicole and Chris's guest studio! It was really conveniently located, very comfortable bed, and all the basic necessities. The coffee maker great! The ac did leak, so I had to put some towels under it and ended up sleeping on one side of the bed. The internet was slow at times, but overall fine. Shower had plenty of hot water and they even had shampoo and conditioner available. Overall, good and comfortable stay.
We loved Nicole & Chris' Guest House. It was absolutely perfect and had everything you could need for a good get away. Plus you are close by to amazing restaurants - which we may have enjoyed TOO much :). Nicole and Chris - thank you!! and thank you for being so great with communication before and during our stay but also providing us privacy - perfect hosts.
This private and bright little guesthouse made my visit to Austin perfect. The location is unbeatable and the easy parking and delicious coffee worked for me as well. I had no problems with wifi service and the shower stayed as hot as I needed. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfortable Austin experience. Thank you, Nicole and Chris!
The cottage arrangements were clear upon my arrival. It was a darling cottage, just like the photos and very thoughtfully appointed. The hosts made themselves available should I have needed them, but they granted complete privacy as well.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Nicole & Chris
Nicole is a NYC transplant and Chris is an Austin native. When we're not running around town with our dogs, Campbell and Barley, we're soaking up the city's food, art, and music scene. We're diehard fans of the Soco neighborhood so when you ask as what to do and see, we're going to be a little biased :-)
Free public swimming hole, walking distance from the house.E Live Oak St Austin Texas 78704
Best TexMex. Nothing fancy, just good eating. Vegetarian and vegan options. Avocado Margarita is the BEST! Bottoms up!East Oltorf Street Austin TX 78704
Adorable neighborhood market right off Live Oak Street. Quick to pick up beer, wine, snacks, and great little deli with baked goods. Expensive but convenient.South Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704
Classic Austin neighborhood joint! Best beer selection in Austin - international plus local brews. New wine bar. Delicious IndiMex (combination of Indian and TexMex) food. Live music. Walk to it!South I H 35 Austin TX 78704-3628
New and vintage titles.South Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704
Perfect for a morning jog in the heart of the neighborhood.Austin TX 78704
Fun place to stop and walk around - great for picking up unique gifts. Its an antique store-meets-thrift shop-meets-museum of the weird... Love to wander around.South Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704
Best slice in town. As a former New Yorker, it meets my standards :)South Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704-2434
If youre looking to take a pound of coffee home with you as a gift, please purchase from Fair Bean. Ethically traded and sourced - theyre passionate about a good cup of coffee. Roasted in-house.South 1st St # 1 Austin TX 78704-5153
Great local spot for vegetarian/vegan food in a funky SoCo atmosphere. Get the tofu BLT and thank us later :)S 1st St Austin TX 78704
Best. (website hidden). Worth checking out if youre new in town. Dont be scared by the line - it doesnt disappoint! Vegetarian and Vegan options for the veg-heads too!South Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704-2487
Best Italian food outside of the East Coast if youre really craving some homemade pasta!South Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704-2432
Beautiful fair trade handmade gifts. Ten Thousand Villages is an independent nonprofit, charitable organization (501(c)3. All sales revenue generated are used to increase purchases from artisans.South Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704
Great local coffee spot. Like to walk to it in the cooler months on the weekends. Outdoors. Great SoCo people watching.S Congress Ave Austin TX 78704
Beautiful little restaurant serving French Vietnamese. Food is spot on, but a bit pricey. Perfect for a nice night out.South 1st Street Austin TX 78704
If youre nuts for Pho, this nearby dive will satisfy. Inexpensive. Vegetarian broth available.E Oltorf St # B Austin TX 78741-4031
Odd that its actually a Thai Restaurant but they have the BEST homemade ice cream and vegan baked goods in the city. Amazing if you have a sweet tooth! Seriously - skip Lick and Sweet Ritual!West Mary St # B Austin TX 78704
Great local brews, fantastic pizza (and Im from New York!) and a really chill vibe. Favorite place to meet up with friends.West Oltorf Street Austin TX 78704
Our go-to for curries. Yum!E Oltorf St # 1A Austin TX 78741
Alamo Drafthouse is a MUST for seeing movies if youre new to the area. Enjoy a meal and drink served during your flick. Our favorite date night!South Lamar Blvd. Austin TX 78704