Queen bed in private, carpeted room with closet and dresser. Guest bathroom with tub. Quiet North Fair Oaks neighborhood of Menlo Park, close to 101 and Marsh. Wifi, cable, hardwood floors, granite counters, fireplace, covered patio, washer/dryer.
Guest access: Guests are invited to enjoy the facilities: kitchen (including fridge, stove, oven, pots and pans, dishwasher), breakfast bar, living room, dining room, TV room, patio, back yard, and of course the guest room and guest bathroom, as well as the washer and dryer in the garage. Only the master suite and office are off limits.
Interaction with Guests: I expect to be present to welcome you when you check in, but if I am unable to do so, I will make the necessary arrangements with you. I welcome the opportunity to interact with guests -- or to let you be if you prefer peace and quiet. I may not be present every night of your stay, depending on my schedule.
Neighborhood Overview; Quiet residential neighborhood. The front yard is on a tree-lined street with residents walking dogs and pushing strollers. The back yard is along the Hetch Hetchy right of way, meaning there is a 100-foot gap between our back fences and the neighbors' back fences where the underground water pipeline is.
Plentiful, free, safe street parking.
- Nearest Caltrain station: Menlo Park on weekdays, Atherton on weekends.
- 5 minute walk to Samtrans bus routes 82, 88 and 295 on Marsh Road.
- 9 minute walk to Samtrans bus routes 79 and 270 on Florence Street.
- 13 minute walk to Samtrans bus routes 296, 297 and 397 on Middlefield Road.
Shops and services:
- 7 minute walk to Marsh Manor shopping center at Marsh Road and Bay Street, including Starbucks, authentic neighborhood taqueria with bar, sub sandwiches, Chinese restaurant, corner brew pub, bakery, ice cream shop, supermarket, cleaners, and more.
- 9 minute walk to US Post Office on Bohannon Street.
Driving (off peak):
- 3 minute drive to US-101.
- 11 minute drive to Stanford University.
- 27 minute to San Jose City Hall.
- 36 minute drive to San Francisco Civic Center.
Airports (off peak):
- 20 minute drive to San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
- 21 minute drive to San Jose International Airport (SJC).
- 34 minute drive to Oakland International Airport (OAK).
My experience was very pleasant. Upon my arrival Thib gave me a good tour of his home and available facilities. I felt comfortable and welcomed. The place was spotless and well organized!!
Great to stay at Thib's place, and very easy going. Clean room and bed. He has pink notes posted to say where everything is in the cupboards. Good WiFi
Thib was very hospitable; everything was clean and very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.Highly recommended.
Thib was a hospitable and gracious host; and the room was clean and spacious. Highly recommended.