About this listing
Check out our excellent reviews on Trip Advisor!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lizzy Wasi is a refurbished century- old adobe cottage that offers a unique environment, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, ideal for relaxation and refueling. It is located in the heart of the Sacred Valley of Cusco, Peru, near to the many exciting Inca and Pre-Inca arqueological sites.
Each room is located around a quiet and flowery main patio, in front of the common areas. Common areas include a Living Room with Cable TV, Internet, couches and chairs to sit down and relax, and a cozy fireplace. In the Dining Room a buffet breakfast is served every morning; hot tea is always available, and a refrigerator and microwave oven is also there for your personal needs. The garden and surroundings are full of flowers and fruit trees, where you can sit and read, or even practice your golf putting skills .
Guests who begin their vacation at Lizzy Wasi quickly adjust to the altitude, as it's located 2,800 meters above sea level, in comparison to Cusco, which is 3,400. This means that you will have more time to explore and enjoy the mystical sights that surround you, starting from day one.
Lizzy Wasi is situated approximately a half hour drive to the archeological sites of Ollantaytambo, Pisaq, Moray, Maras, and Salinas, among others. Its’ close proximity to the Ollantaytambo Train Station will allow you to reach Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu in 1 ½ hours. There is horseback riding, white river rafting, many adventure sports, hiking tours, walking tours, city and ruin tours, all of which we can arrange for you. Additionally, we can recommend sights around the hotel and restaurants for you to dine in.
After daily activities, return to the hotel for a Pisco Sour, or a cup of hot Coca tea, and a friendly conversation about the day’s activities, and/or what adventures tomorrow’s tours will bring.
Lizzy Wasi is managed directly by it's owner, Elizabeth Cottle, born and raised in the USA; who was captivated by the Valley's enchantment and now resides here permanently. She has made it her personal commitment to provide comfortable accommodations and detailed attention to travelers from all around the world.
- Guests are usually accommodated in rooms as parties of 2 (each room accommodates 2 guests - it can be a small family of 3 as well).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Each room, authentically decorated, counts with details such as goose down blankets, security safes, and hair dryers.
- Buffet breakfast is included, and served every morning from 6 to 10 a.m. Additionally, join us for a home-made dinner, upon request.
- Wi-Fi, internet & cable television
- Massage service available upon request
- Laundry service available upon request
- Personalized transportation for private tours are available
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Check In time is 2:00 p.m., and Check Out time is 11 a.m. We can store your luggage for you if necessary.
- Our prices are quoted in US dollars and already include taxes.
- There is no minimum stay required.
- A buffet breakfast is included in our fare.
- Children are welcome. However, no childcare is provided.
- We do not provide facilities for pets.
- Smoking is allowed in outside areas only. Please, no smoking inside any of the rooms.
- Cancellation fees and policies are strictly observed.
- Any changes of dates, room type, or special services, made after your reservation, will be subject to availability and price variations.
About the Host, Liz
My name is Liz Cottle and I am the owner and manager of Lizzy Wasi.
I was born and raised in the USA, but have lived in Peru for 34 years. Formerly a teacher, I was captivated by the Sacred Valley's enchantment and I now reside here permanently.
I'll be more than happy to show you the wonders of the valley - arranging trips, itineraries, recommending the best spots to eat, and off-the-path sites is my specialty. Moreover, travelers from around the world feel that my B&B is their home away from home, welcomed by someone who understands their language, culture and particular needs! :)
The best thing about hosting is that we get to know people from every corner who arrive as guests, but leave as life-long friends. I've made it my personal commitment to provide comfortable accommodations and detailed attention to travelers from all around the world!