About this listing
Hi everyone! My house is located just a few miles away from Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach. There's easy access to all the freeways from my house, the 405, the 110, and the 105, so you can easily get to anywhere you want to go in LA or OC!
The room I have for rent has one queen-sized bed in it, so it can very comfortably accommodate 2 people. A third person can sleep on the floor if they're willing! My house is a 20 minute drive from the airport and I'm close to all the big freeways (the 405, the 110, and the 105), so you can get to pretty much anywhere in LA county or in Orange County very easily from my house. The two closest beaches, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach, are both less than a 20 minute drive away.
This listing is for the private room, with one bed, and access to a bathroom only. You are free to use the kitchen, but keep in mind that the kitchen is used by the occupants of the house, and the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen will reflect this.
Interaction with Guests
We can interact as much or as little as you'd like! I'll be present at the house during your stay, but the inside of my house is split into what's essentially two one-bedroom apartments that are connected by the kitchen/dining room.
I love that my neighborhood is nice and quiet, safe, and family friendly. The neighbors watch out for each other and the beach is close enough to make frequent trips easy. I take my dog running along the beach pretty much every other weekend.
Like most of LA, public transportation is available, but can be confusing to figure out, so I would recommend renting a car while you're staying anywhere in the LA area. There's plenty of street parking near my house, so parking won't be a problem. The taxi ride should be about $35 or taking Supershuttle or Redvans should be $20.
Other Things to Note
IMPORTANT: If you choose to book, please read your confirmation e-mail. It contains important instructions for how to get into the house!
Based on feedback from previous guests, please note the following, before you book:
- I have a sweet 3-year old black lab, who won't be near your room, but will be in the house. I do my best to keep dog fur in the room to a minimum (I vacuum before every guest arrives), but unfortunately I can't set up a force field around the room (how cool would that be?) to keep my dog's fur completely out. So if you're sensitive to dog fur, this listing may not be for you.
- There is no air conditioning in my house. I live less than 6 miles from the beach, so for 350 days of the year, opening the windows at night will cool the house and room down as well as air conditioning would. However, there are usually two weeks of hot weather during the summer in LA, where the room may stay warm at night. I have fans in the room, but this may also not be the room for you if you are sensitive to heat!
- The room and bathroom are cleaned before every new guest, so you can expect your space to be neat and clean. However, please keep in mind that there are people that live in the rest of the house full-time, so the kitchen and shared areas may not be as neat and clean as you'd see in a hotel.
- Food is not included as part of this listing. As mentioned above, you'll be able to use the refrigerator to store any food you've bought, but please don't eat any food from the refrigerator unless you bought it yourself. I know what you're thinking, and yes, previous guests have eaten my personal food before.
- No smoking is allowed on the premises.
- No drug use is allowed while you're staying at the house, even if it's while you're out. I've had my room trashed once before while someone's been under the influence of drugs and I don't want it to happen again.
- Parking is street parking only and there is plenty of it. The driveway spaces are used by me and my husband.
- Please don't feed my dog, she has a sensitive stomach!