Hi everyone! My house is located just a few miles away from Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach. There's easy access to all the freeways from my house, the 405, the 110, and the 105, so you can easily get to anywhere you want to go in LA or OC!
There are two full sized beds in the room, which will let you squeeze 4 people into the room if you'd like
The room I have for rent has two full-sized beds in it, so it can very comfortably accommodate 2 people. If you're on a budget, you can definitely fit 4 people in there. My house is a 20 minute drive from the airport and I'm close to all the big freeways (the 405, the 110, and the 105), so you can get to pretty much anywhere in LA county or in Orange County very easily from my house. The two closest beaches, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach, are both a 15 minute drive away.
This listing is for the private room, with two beds, and access to a private (unshared) bathroom only. You are free to use the kitchen, but keep in mind that the kitchen is used by the occupants of the house, and the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen will reflect this.
Interaction with Guests
We can interact as much or as little as you'd like! I'll be present at the house during your stay, but the inside of my house is split into what's essentially two one-bedroom apartments that are connected by the kitchen/dining room.
I love that my neighborhood is nice and quiet, safe, and family friendly. The neighbors watch out for each other and the beach is close enough to make frequent trips easy. I take my dog running along the beach pretty much every other weekend.
Like most of LA, public transportation is available, but can be confusing to figure out, so I would recommend renting a car while you're staying anywhere in the LA area. There's plenty of street parking near my house, so parking won't be a problem. The taxi ride should be about $35 or taking Supershuttle or Redvans should be $20.
Other Things to Note
IMPORTANT: If you choose to book, please read your confirmation e-mail. It contains important instructions for how to get into the house!
Based on feedback from previous guests, please note the following, before you book:
- I have a sweet 3-year old black lab, who won't be near your room, but will be in the house. I do my best to keep dog fur in the room to a minimum (I vacuum before every guest arrives), but unfortunately I can't set up a force field around the room (how cool would that be?) to keep my dog's fur completely out. So if you're sensitive to dog fur, this listing may not be for you.
- There is no air conditioning in my house. I live less than 6 miles from the beach, so for 350 days of the year, opening the windows at night will cool the house and room down as well as air conditioning would. However, there are usually two weeks of hot weather during the summer in LA, where the room may stay warm at night. I have fans in the room, but this may also not be the room for you if you are sensitive to heat!
- The room and bathroom are cleaned before every new guest, so you can expect your space to be neat and clean. However, please keep in mind that there are people that live in the rest of the house full-time, so the kitchen and shared areas may not be as neat and clean as you'd see in a hotel.
- Food is not included as part of this listing. As mentioned above, you'll be able to use the refrigerator to store any food you've bought, but please don't eat any food from the refrigerator unless you bought it yourself. I know what you're thinking, and yes, previous guests have eaten my personal food before.
- No smoking is allowed on the premises.
- No drug use is allowed while you're staying at the house, even if it's while you're out. I've had my room trashed once before while someone's been under the influence of drugs and I don't want it to happen again.
- Parking is street parking only and there is plenty of it. The driveway spaces are used by me and my fiancee.
- Please don't feed my dog, she has a sensitive stomach!
I had a wonderful stay. Wendy and her husband were very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were clean and I really enjoyed the book she created with all the local grocery stores and restaurants. I had very late nights and very early mornings as I was visiting for work, and that was very nice to not have to search for anything. I would definitely stay here again.
This was my first experience using Airbnb, and I would say it was a very positive one. Wendy and her fiance kept the place extremely clean and were really welcoming (especially when I decided to check in around 11pm on Valentines Day). I would definitely stay here again next time I am in LA - safe and quiet neighborhood, abundant parking, and proximity to the highways and Manhattan Beach. Thanks Wendy!
Wendy is very professional and personal. My stay was all I could have hoped for. Made it to five different beaches in five days, including Laguna - perfect location for doing that. Gardena is a perfect base for me, don't miss the Japanese market(s) here.
We came one more time to Wendy. All was perfect again. The room was very clean, same as last time.
Wendy made a useful folder where you can find a summary about all stores and good restaurants nearby. I can only recommend to have a look at it ;)
The room was big and nice and the whole flat very clean. Our stay at Wendy was relaxing and confortable.
Wendy is a very nice host and we can really recommend to stay here. We felt very welcome and save. She helped us out while we were waiting for the luggage. Her dog is very lovely. For those who love dogs (like us) a fantastic stay ;)
Hi everyone, I'm Wendy! I'm an engineer but don't let that fool you, I'm super-social and I love getting to know new people!
In my free time, I love being active and taking on new challenges. I play in various dodgeball leagues in the LA area (I can take you along if you're interested!), I run long distance races (ran my first marathon, the LA marathon, in March), and I love traveling to foreign countries. My most recent trip was climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania! I also love to eat and will try just about anything at least once.