About this listing
Light-filled home has sweeping views of the bay, dunes, and ocean from living room and deck. Enjoy peaceful ambiance in a clean, uncluttered home, or yoga on the large deck. Walk blocks to beach, bluffs, marina, state park, and golf course.
Quiet room is a dedicated guest room, furnished with a comfortable queen bed with down comforter and writing desk. There is ample storage, including closet. The two bedrooms are separated by the bathroom for a bit more privacy. There is additional storage in bathroom, which is shared by me as a single tenant.
You will have full access to the rest of the home (except for my room, of course). Kitchen has an open floor plan with small dining area, dishwasher, refrigerator, cupboard for your food, working area for cooking, and all the kitchen things one could use (including juicer).
Interaction with Guests
I will be very happy to suggest local attractions and activities. I will probably be around if you are using the kitchen in the evening, so we will need to coordinate timing.
I really want guests to have a wonderful time in this beautiful area, and can help you a bit with your itinerary. For your part, you will need to speak English well enough to at least convey what you are interested in and why you want to come to the Central Coast.
This is a quiet, clean, beach neighborhood within walking distance of the downtown embarcadero with its many restaurants, galleries, and shops. The Monarchs know the best time to come to Morro Bay, and winter within blocks of here. Fall & winter sunsets can be spectacular at Morro Rock, less than 2 miles away via level bike ride.
This area stands out for its nature and wildlife. Miles of beaches offer great surfing and walking. Endangered sea otters and peregrine falcons can be viewed at Morro Rock. Beautiful Montana de Oro State Park (featured on Sunset magazine's cover summer of 2013) is 8 miles south with many miles of hiking and horse trails, cliff views of the ocean, and Spooner's Cove where dolphins, pelicans, and sea otters frolic. The largest elephant seal colony in the U.S. is 30 miles north near Hearst Castle.
SLO County bus transport is available from the downtown area. In the summer there is a local trolley around Morro Bay.
With Cal Poly only 12 miles away, this is an ideal location for parents visiting their students, who want to be more comfortable and enjoy the surrounding beauty of the area. San Luis Obispo also provides city entertainment with its abundant live music, art, shopping, and restaurants.
Other Things to Note
1. Since check-in ranges from 3pm - 9pm, please keep me updated on your arrival time. This way I can keep check-in time flexible.
2. I now have neighbors in the center unit of the triplex, and wish to respect their privacy as much as possible. So this is not a good match for those who do not speak English well enough for me to convey this.
3. I will provide eggs, toast, hot cereal, and other breakfast foods for you to prepare. Since I have a normal, active life, I will not be able to cook for you.
4. The tile floors really help keep things clean, but can be cold in the early morning. Bring slippers or wool socks to keep your feet warm.
5. Please note that California is currently experiencing a severe drought. Short showers and water conservation are appreciated.
6. Wifi passcode will be given upon arrival.
1. Please, no smoking, and definitely no drugs.
2. If you wish to use the kitchen, talk to me in advance so we can coordinate timing.
- Use of the kitchen assumes you can clean up after yourselves.
- Please help keep things clean by eating at the table instead of wandering around with food.
3. Damp towels on down comforters do not mix well.
4. This is a peaceful and quiet neighborhood, so quiet times are between 10pm and 8am.